Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bobodaclown

by bobodaclown

Close to pulling the trigger on a SS6 Evo ultegra di2, it would be an upgrade on a Tarmac SL5.
Any direct views or comparable alternatives worth considering, I was going to keep it pretty stock.
Just read a couple of the comments about build quality it would be a MY22 that I would get, should I be concerned?
Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

k33z

by k33z

What do you feel is an upgrade? It is someting new, emotional it might be an upgrade for you.

Most likely it will not make you faster, it will not make you slower. Buy the bike if it makes you feel good, otherwise stay on current bike :)

moonoi

by moonoi

bobodaclown wrote:Close to pulling the trigger on a SS6 Evo ultegra di2, it would be an upgrade on a Tarmac SL5.
Any direct views or comparable alternatives worth considering, I was going to keep it pretty stock.
Just read a couple of the comments about build quality it would be a MY22 that I would get, should I be concerned?
Cheers
I just bought an SS6 Evo HM frame set in rainbow trout, manufactured in May of 2022, seatpost keeps slipping and when it gets warm outside the creaking from the post is horrendous, really spoils what is otherwise an excellent bike. LBS is helping out and will be replace the seatpost, and if that doesn’t solve it, the frame, but it just shouldn’t be like this in the first place.

Sadly this is likely to be my first and last cannondale

On the other had, another friend bought a fully built bike with UDi2 and it’s been perfect for them so Image

Stueys

by Stueys

moonoi wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:26 am
bobodaclown wrote:Close to pulling the trigger on a SS6 Evo ultegra di2, it would be an upgrade on a Tarmac SL5.
Cheers
I just bought an SS6 Evo HM frame set in rainbow trout, manufactured in May of 2022, seatpost keeps slipping and when it gets warm outside the creaking from the post is horrendous, really spoils what is otherwise an excellent bike. LBS is helping out and will be replace the seatpost, and if that doesn’t solve it, the frame, but it just shouldn’t be like this in the first place.

Sadly this is likely to be my first and last cannondale

On the other had, another friend bought a fully built bike with UDi2 and it’s been perfect for them so Image
I had the same problem with my Evo until a local Dale dealer explained that (a) the seat post design is poor and (b) the trick is to bash the saddle whilst tightening the clamp, this allows the clamp to fully engage with the seat post as you are 'jostling' it into the correct position.

It sounds odd but the trick has worked for me so far.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Ive also heard of this same technique

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Cuypmeister

by Cuypmeister

Hi all, new to the forum but secretly have been reading a lot of "SuperSix Evo" topics with all positive and negative experiences :D have purchased the Leichtbau frame very recently, but have to admit, I am still hesitating about this one or a S-Works Tarmac SL7. In terms of pricing the same category, but obviously, you see them everywhere while the Cannondale SuperSix is rather unique here on the Belgian / Dutch roads.

What i am wondering: a lot of guys are complaining about the BB30 bottom bracket. What is the main reason? Has it something to do with the built of the SuperSix frame? Or is the quality of BB30 bottom brackets that Cannondale provides that is not sufficient enough? And that can be solved by for example purchasing ceramic bearrings?

I am a newbie in these kind of topics, so love to hear your thoughts.

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

"Thank you for taking the time to reach out!

There should be more information on the next generation of the Supersix Evo within the next couple months. We can expect these to arrive at dealers between late Winter and early Spring of 2023. In the meantime, we recommend checking in on our website, social media, and you are always welcome to reach back out here for more updates."

From Cannondale

cerro

by cerro

image7.jpeg
Took some pictures of my Leichtbau today.

Sure, it will come a new one but this bike is soo good. Had a more standard SuperSIX Evo a couple of years ago and my Leichtbau is as fun, just lighter :D

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Surely you have some more pics to post, #tease

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

trex

by trex

Is this someone who is more closely associated with Cannondale Europe and can tell me what frame (paintjob) I will be getting as a warranty replacement?
Unfortunately neither LBS nor the distributor can determine this.

I would appreciate your help!

I found in the post below from @req110 that he received the same model "700 M S6 Evo HM Disc War Frm REP".
The only puzzle is this model code "C11091M". I can't find such a frame anywhere.
MY22 REP Rapha whole purple and pink one is: C11151M
MY23 REP Rapha whole white and pink one is: C11452M
The model 'C11091M' is nowhere to be found online. Is that a code for warranty frameset or something else?
req110 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:36 pm
req110 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:59 am
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=156359&p=1622775#p1622775
Hello guys.
I have this on right side of my headtube, the paintwork is peeling off here.

It should be covered by warranty. "Paint and Decals: One year from original retail purchase."

I have contacted lbs, they told me to bring it and they will send it to distributor. I will do that soon most probably, unless you tell me there is no chance of getting replacement.

Can you guys share with me your experience?

1) is there probability of getting new frameset on RMA?

2) i bought the bike as ultegra kit, but replaced for sram red etap, i hope they won't have any problem with that

3) my frameset is 2020 team replica rapha / if i get new frameset, will they

a) find exact same 2020 team replica
b) replace with 2021 team replica
c) offer me some other hi-mod frameset
d) try to fucc me up with standard mod frameset?

req110 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:00 am
req110 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:56 am
That must be some vulnerable place, look at Simon Clarke bike.
LBS is in discussion with distributor. Waiting for insights.
I got info from seller that distributor told him, that cannondale will provide me with new frameset.

They told me they reserved this code name. Availability by February 2021.

700 M S6 Evo HM Disc War Frm REP 54

Any of you can decode what exactly it is? I think it should be 2021 rapha replica. (I had 2020 rapha replica), but my understanding is that I would get 2020 immediately, since I have to wait till February it sounds like my2021.
I got new frameset, the my21 team replica, which has the vulnerable place strengthen from the inside opposed to my20 model. Waiting for brake mounting, bleeding, pressing bearings and cutting fork.

My warranty case was handled with conclusion: This is mechanical damage and is not covered by warranty. For the sake of Cannondale's good reputation, we are going to provide you with new frameset.

I am not dumb of course, i am not pushing steering to the limit. This damage happened for example by leaning the bike while standing and holding the bike just by saddle. So the handlebars/fork/frontwheel automatically turn right... Do it few times and your headtube may get damaged too.

I am waiting for monday till i have my new frameset, then i would call a cannondale service a top notch customer oriented.
Attachments
status.jpg

nooski

by nooski

trex wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:42 am
Is this someone who is more closely associated with Cannondale Europe and can tell me what frame (paintjob) I will be getting as a warranty replacement?

I found in the post below from @req110 that he received the same model "700 M S6 Evo HM Disc War Frm REP".
The only puzzle is this model code "C11091M". I can't find such a frame anywhere.
The model 'C11091M' is nowhere to be found online. Is that a code for warranty frameset or something else?
req110 wrote:
req110 wrote:
Hello guys.

It should be covered by warranty. "Paint and Decals: One year from original retail purchase."

I have contacted lbs, they told me to bring it and they will send it to distributor. I will do that soon most probably, unless you tell me there is no chance of getting replacement.

2) i bought the bike as ultegra kit, but replaced for sram red etap, i hope they won't have any problem with that

req110 wrote:
req110 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:56 am
That must be some vulnerable place, look at Simon Clarke bike.
LBS is in discussion with distributor. Waiting for insights.
I got info from seller that distributor told him, that cannondale will provide me with new frameset.

Any of you can decode what exactly it is? I think it should be 2021 rapha replica. (I had 2020 rapha replica), but my understanding is that I would get 2020 immediately, since I have to wait till February it sounds like my2021.
I got new frameset, the my21 team replica, which has the vulnerable place strengthen from the inside opposed to my20 model. Waiting for brake mounting, bleeding, pressing bearings and cutting fork.

My warranty case was handled with conclusion: This is mechanical damage and is not covered by warranty. For the sake of Cannondale's good reputation, we are going to provide you with new frameset.

I am not dumb of course, i am not pushing steering to the limit. This damage happened for example by leaning the bike while standing and holding the bike just by saddle. So the handlebars/fork/frontwheel automatically turn right... Do it few times and your headtube may get damaged too.

I am waiting for monday till i have my new frameset, then i would call a cannondale service a top notch customer oriented.
C12345 is a model code; M, F or U is male, female or universal; after that there is colour code which is 10, 20, 30 etc... Unfortunately there is no universal rule for colours. I you have whole code including colour code I can try to find out.
Dum spiro spero
my bike: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130302

canterbizzle

by canterbizzle

Does 8.18kg sound about right for a '21 High Mod 58cm with Zipp 302/ Zipp SL stem/ Zipp SL Bar/ speedplays?

trex

by trex

Thanks!
The whole code is: C11091M2056
nooski wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:57 am
trex wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:42 am

req110 wrote:
req110 wrote:
Hello guys.

req110 wrote:

C12345 is a model code; M, F or U is male, female or universal; after that there is colour code which is 10, 20, 30 etc... Unfortunately there is no universal rule for colours. I you have whole code including colour code I can try to find out.
Attachments
status.jpg

nooski

by nooski

This code was used on warranty frames with 2021 season marking so I believe it will be this one: https://images.mtbiker.sk/eshop/big/119 ... c2a9f.jpeg I am not 100% sure though
Dum spiro spero
my bike: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130302

Stueys

by Stueys

Cuypmeister wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:25 pm
What i am wondering: a lot of guys are complaining about the BB30 bottom bracket. What is the main reason? Has it something to do with the built of the SuperSix frame? Or is the quality of BB30 bottom brackets that Cannondale provides that is not sufficient enough? And that can be solved by for example purchasing ceramic bearrings?
There is nothing wrong with PF BB's if they are implemented as designed. The issue is that the PF design is heavily reliant on good manufacturing tolerances, otherwise you get tiny movement and instability which leads to knackered bearings and the dreaded creak. Anecdotally at least, Dale seem to have suffered more than most in a lack of ability to consistently hit good tolerances. So the issue isn't the quality of the bearings going in there, it's the supporting frame around those bearings and whether the bearings are being held perfectly aligned and without movement.

I've taken to putting a single piece BB into all my PF bikes when I get it (I use BBInfinite but lots of options available), Cervelo seem to have started to shio their bikes with thread together BB's which achieves the same outcome. This removes most of the potential issues. Manufacturers are starting to go back towards threaded BB's as consumers have gotten frustrated and are now expressing a buying preference towards threaded to avoid the hassle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com