Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Seribert

by Seribert

Anyone experience with Campy EPS v3 and OPI Spiderrings and how to route the cables and Interface with the gen3?

ry5n

by ry5n

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:37 pm
...I also shortened the hydraulic cables and rebled the brake system, recentered the calipers ... And installed a new, non-useless steerer expander plug.
What expander did you choose?

I'm hunting for something not too heavy but not useless either. Tried an Aethos expander but it doesn't fit. Evo 3 steerer ID is smaller than many full-size expanders allow.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jorjel1

by jorjel1

New to the Supersix Evo, trying to move my di2 setup from old Synapse and have a hard time figuring whwere to put the 4 port junction that was sitting in the BB area on old bike. The bottom bracket opening on SS Evo is split and there is not enough place to insert it in that area. Any suggestions apart getting very long cables and keep it next to the charging port on the downtube area?

caballero

by caballero

I'm also looking for one too. No one's offered any info on what works however there seem to be multiple people using different expanders.

The ss evo is 22mm Id steerer.
ry5n wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:51 pm
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:37 pm
...I also shortened the hydraulic cables and rebled the brake system, recentered the calipers ... And installed a new, non-useless steerer expander plug.
What expander did you choose?

I'm hunting for something not too heavy but not useless either. Tried an Aethos expander but it doesn't fit. Evo 3 steerer ID is smaller than many full-size expanders allow.

ry5n

by ry5n

I ended up using a Carbon-Ti X-Plug. Not the full steerer support I wanted, but neither I nor my shop could find a better option. And really, the Evo 3 steerer is overbuilt (which is why most expanders don't fit). It's designed for the minimal support provided by the stock expander.

I'd be much more concerned using the Cannondale or the Carbon-Ti for a fork designed for a beefier expander.

caballero

by caballero

Thanks. I'll give it a look !

gigo91

by gigo91

Hi, unfortuantely I have again problems with my Supersix Evo 3... My first Supersix Gen 3 (from 2019) had to sent back because it was not compatible with 12-speed. They replaced it with the pink EF edition, not my favorit painting... Now again, I had to sent my second Supersix Gen 3 in Rainbowtrout back, because it had a problem with the seatpost clamp. Cannondale wants to replace it again with a paint job, I don't really like..

Does anybody know if I have to accept the Supersix with a painting, I don't like!? Unfortunately I can't find any contact details to Cannondale Germany/Europe directly. Does anybody know, if there is a change, to get in touch with Cannondale? I am just in contact with my dealer, and he tells me that they have to do what Cannondale is offering them.. I brought back my frameset in July 2023.. So they have let me wait 6 months now.. Unacceptable.

I don't really get it, it is my 4th Cannondale in a row now and they are not able to make a suitable offer...

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

i would be happy just to get the frameset. they may not have the exact one you want for color and they will not do a special paintjob for you to match yours as it is too expensive. other manufacturers (like the smaller ones) may not even assume responsibility

Hexsense

by Hexsense

gigo91 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:57 pm
Does anybody know if I have to accept the Supersix with a painting, I don't like!?
Should be glad you don't try to replace Specialized (non S-works) MTB.
No matter what color you got. You'll get glossy black with white letter back as replacement frame.
That color is well known to be replacement only. The most similar thing to it that is available retail is also black with white letter but with matte/satin finish.
So, when you show up in a race some keen people know you crack a frame before.

At least your is presentable as legit thing. Not replacement special edition.

skinnybex

by skinnybex

Hexsense wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:13 pm
gigo91 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:57 pm
Does anybody know if I have to accept the Supersix with a painting, I don't like!?
Should be glad you don't try to replace Specialized (non S-works) MTB.
No matter what color you got. You'll get glossy black with white letter back as replacement frame.
That color is well known to be replacement only. The most similar thing to it that is available retail is also black with white letter but with matte/satin finish.
So, when you show up in a race some keen people know you crack a frame before.

At least your is presentable as legit thing. Not replacement special edition.
Lol, Yep had 2 rear trianle Stumpy cracked chainstays on my 2022 Sworks Green frame and both replacements were that Glossy black which was not cool, both were defects around the derailuer hanger that cracked. Also had 2 Enduro Headset cracks and didn't get matched front triangles to my chainstays. Then I just stopped buying Specialized due to failures and replacement process.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Oh... didn't know they treat S-works as bad as non S-works one...

mattjohns

by mattjohns

Looking for some options
Currently running a Zipp Speed SL stem and Zipp SL70 aero bars. 120mm + 40cm
But the cabling is kinda bugging me, currently using etap so only hydraulic hoses but they're slightly visible and i want them gone

So the options
1 piece integrated bar - F1s, Bigrock, Avian Falcon II etc.
ooor
Stem with some under carriage cable routing, with a neat headset cap - Tarmac stem esque
Sticky bottle seem a little hit and miss as per other threads, so anyone else would be cool for a new bearing cover

I want something similarly sized. Tempted to go 38cm c-c if i go with a intergrated option
Stem + bar reach in realm of 180-190mm would be ideal
Needs to have 90kg rider support

TIA

SuperSpud

by SuperSpud

Hello

Crashed out on SuperSix Evo2 on Feb18 so opted to look to the newest and best. Evo4 frame at $4500 was out of reach. Got new 2021 Chameleon SuperSix HM coming soon.

What are the WW recommendations to hit UCI limit?

got at moment,

1300G Drive 50Ds from Elitewheels going on
Vision Metron 5D 396 g
Specialized 3D power saddle 195g
Ultegra Di2 from previous bike which was ~2400g in Rim brake setup.

Really dont want to drop into financial pit to hard on this but can I hit 6.8kg with Ultegra Di2 or no way?

thank you

impotentloki

by impotentloki

Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea if this amount of gap between the disc rotor and the fork of the Supersix Evo Hi Mod (previous gen that is non-lab 71) normal?

It looks waaaaay too close for comfort.

matcav

by matcav

impotentloki wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:19 pm
Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea if this amount of gap between the disc rotor and the fork of the Supersix Evo Hi Mod (previous gen that is non-lab 71) normal?

It looks waaaaay too close for comfort.
It was also reported by another WW here using a Carbon-Ti hub:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=156359&p=1556384&hi ... r#p1556384
It seems obviously a manufacturing defect. ask the dealer and hopefully will be replaced under warranty

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com