Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

moonoi

by moonoi

Stueys wrote: I had the same problem with my Evo until a local Dale dealer explained that (a) the seat post design is poor and (b) the trick is to bash the saddle whilst tightening the clamp, this allows the clamp to fully engage with the seat post as you are 'jostling' it into the correct position.

It sounds odd but the trick has worked for me so far.
Interestingly that is what the LBS did, it does seem to have solved the slipping, but not the creaking, which they think is due to the amount of material that came off the seat post when it slipped, so they’ve put a claim in for a new one.

I’m the meantime I decided to persevere with it, and just ordered the Farsport F1 integrated bars with the super six spacer adapter Image

bobodaclown

by bobodaclown

k33z wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:43 pm
What do you feel is an upgrade? It is someting new, emotional it might be an upgrade for you.

Most likely it will not make you faster, it will not make you slower. Buy the bike if it makes you feel good, otherwise stay on current bike :)
:)

Probably more emotional. Wanting something new after the current bike of 5 years.

I must admit I simply cannot decide, so may just stick for now unless an amazing deal comes up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

matcav

by matcav

This seems to be a SuperSix Evo 3 HM rim brake - never saw one before
https://www.instagram.com/p/Clh8CAWSxtS/?hl=en

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

matcav wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:09 am
I've also linked to a cannondale web listing that showed a rim version in HM color but was shot down saying they never made rim brake in HM

JaimeC

by JaimeC

matcav wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:09 am
The comments from the post basically say the owner had the HM painted on.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Yes its just custom paint

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

daninplymouth

by daninplymouth

Hi, about to take delivery of my new Supersix evo disc. I plan on swapping over my farsport wheels if they fit, Cannondale claim max tyre size as 30mm but my wheels are 30mm wide and this pushes the 30c tyres to about 32mm actual size. I just wanted to ask would my wheels fit straight over or do they need to be adjusted? I don’t know why I have in my head that the asymmetric Cannondale frames you used to have dish the wheels a bit, I could be completely wrong so thought I’d ask

ry5n

by ry5n

Some Cdale frames have the Ai (Asymmetric Integration) system, which offsets the rear triangle relative to the BB. That does require special dishing of the rear wheel.

The Supersix Evo _CX_ has the Ai offset, but the road SSEvo doesn't.

I can't speak to tire clearance, but from what I understand I don't think your wheels need rebuilding.

Bfriesen

by Bfriesen

daninplymouth wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:10 pm
Hi, about to take delivery of my new Supersix evo disc. I plan on swapping over my farsport wheels if they fit, Cannondale claim max tyre size as 30mm but my wheels are 30mm wide and this pushes the 30c tyres to about 32mm actual size. I just wanted to ask would my wheels fit straight over or do they need to be adjusted? I don’t know why I have in my head that the asymmetric Cannondale frames you used to have dish the wheels a bit, I could be completely wrong so thought I’d ask
They'll definitely fit. I've run up to 35mm measured (31mm nominal) vittoria terreno dry tires on my sse. And no assymetric wheels in the regular evo, only on the evo cx.
2020 Cannondale Supersix
2021 Argon 18 Gallium Disc
2018 Trek Crockett

daninplymouth

by daninplymouth

Bfriesen wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:26 pm
daninplymouth wrote:
They'll definitely fit. I've run up to 35mm measured (31mm nominal) vittoria terreno dry tires on my sse. And no assymetric wheels in the regular evo, only on the evo cx.
Thank you that’s good to know. I was getting confused as a friend had a cx and he had to dish his. Didn’t realise they were different to the road frame 👍🏻

daninplymouth

by daninplymouth

Bfriesen wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:26 pm
daninplymouth wrote:

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I saw the new bike, but we were asked not to take photos of it. I bet most people wouldn’t realize it’s a new version if they saw it on a group ride. It looks good.

nunokas

by nunokas

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:06 am
I saw the new bike, but we were asked not to take photos of it. I bet most people wouldn’t realize it’s a new version if they saw it on a group ride. It looks good.
Same geometry, beefier down tube and a new handlebar.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

nunokas wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:26 am

Same geometry, beefier down tube and a new handlebar.

There's obviously more than that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Still not a SystemSix replacement I assume ?