DMT KR1. Dream shoe candidate?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

blind76

by blind76

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:41 am
parleez1 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:00 am

Since you mentioned the q36.5 shoes, tell me about them! Do the fit a wide foot well? What about a tall toe box, are they roomy? I'd like to try a pair but would have to order on line, I'm in the US. Curious. Pictures?
Thanks!
If you want great wide shoes try some of Lakes X model... I have Lake 238-X and they are the best which I found

survivor

by survivor

At this time I think the KR0 already succeed the KR1 as their flagship roadshoe aside of the lace up version? With two BOA closure I think the KR0 would probably be friendlier to the feet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

stevesbike wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:58 am
The US site was having a major sale on these (30-40% off)....
What is the US site for DMT shoes? While I typically am not enthusiastic about lace up shoes, I am curious about the DMT KRSL shoe but stock levels of the white shoe in size 41 seem to be a but thin lately.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

parleez1

by parleez1

blind76 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:38 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:41 am
parleez1 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:00 am

Since you mentioned the q36.5 shoes, tell me about them! Do the fit a wide foot well? What about a tall toe box, are they roomy? I'd like to try a pair but would have to order on line, I'm in the US. Curious. Pictures?
Thanks!
If you want great wide shoes try some of Lakes X model... I have Lake 238-X and they are the best which I found
Yes, Yes, Yes! I currently ride Lake CX241 wide, I'm all over Lake shoes for wide feet, they are wonderful! But I was interested in feedback on the q36.5 as I had not heard or read anything about them other than from their own web site.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

ms6073 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:22 pm
stevesbike wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:58 am
The US site was having a major sale on these (30-40% off)....
What is the US site for DMT shoes? While I typically am not enthusiastic about lace up shoes, I am curious about the DMT KRSL shoe but stock levels of the white shoe in size 41 seem to be a but thin lately.

http://www.alebikewear.com/

The 40% off sale ended Jan 1, but they periodically have some 20-30% off sales throughout the rest of the year.

ms6073

by ms6073

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:26 pm
http://www.alebikewear.com/
The 40% off sale ended Jan 1, but they periodically have some 20-30% off sales throughout the rest of the year.
:thumbup:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Aesch

by Aesch

I have a wide foot (11cm at 28.5cm length, fits well) . I forget I have them on, the footbed works for me. It's a bit different from my other shoes as it is more like a chamois. I have a size 45, (sidi / gaerne in 46 for comparison. These are too long to fit my foot in width-wise). Would be able to use lake in wide, tried them but stopped after 3 pairs with manufacturing faults.
Toe box hard to compare for me but they're good for me.

parleez1

by parleez1

Aesch wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:04 am
I have a wide foot (11cm at 28.5cm length, fits well) . I forget I have them on, the footbed works for me. It's a bit different from my other shoes as it is more like a chamois. I have a size 45, (sidi / gaerne in 46 for comparison. These are too long to fit my foot in width-wise). Would be able to use lake in wide, tried them but stopped after 3 pairs with manufacturing faults.
Can you please clarify, are you referring to the DMT or q36.5 shoes?
Thanks!

Aesch

by Aesch

parleez1 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:06 pm
Aesch wrote:
Thanks!
Q36.5, i dont have the DMT's anymore. I did try several sizes of the DMT's before the actual riding with the best possible size. cant remember for sure but that was probably a 45 too.

parleez1

by parleez1

Aesch wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:44 pm
parleez1 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:06 pm
Aesch wrote:
Thanks!
Q36.5, i dont have the DMT's anymore. I did try several sizes of the DMT's before the actual riding with the best possible size. cant remember for sure but that was probably a 45 too.
So you're saying the q36.5 shoes are comfortable for wide feet, yours being 11cm, and you would wear Kakes in a wide to fit your foot size? Just want to clarify as my feet are close to 11cm and most if not all regular width shoes are to narrow for my feet. So maybe I'll give these q36.5's a try!

Aesch

by Aesch

Yes the lake 241 in wide was good (the lasts are different for each model). If possible try them, or at least wear them for 60 min + in the shop.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

The DMTs were Mavic narrow at the front of the foot with an agressive taper by the little toe. They fit like climbers shoes if you order the correct size as they state. They don't get much wider as the sizes progress, so I don't imagine they'd fit anyone over US size 9.

As for two adjustments vs one -with the complete lack of side "wall" support, you really need that second adjustment to keep your foot from getting scrunched forward, as the higher one can only do so much.... two also suck as the shoes flat out suck for fit without the side support. These shoes just crush your toes.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Got the KR0s... went down a half size from what I usually wear in Gaerne, Specialized, Bontrager. One full size down from Giro, Sidi and Shimano. Ever so slightly too small in the toebox, so I think going with my normal size would have helped there.

Another problem was the heel cup. It's too shallow and doesn't have good retention at all. Damn shame, I really wanted these to fit.

kar

by kar

Moltobene wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:19 pm
blind76 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:35 am
Is it DMT KR1 fine for a wide feet?
Interested in this as well. But so far I've read that they are fine because the knit upper stretches and adapts to the feet.
Anybody got tipps on where to buy DMT in the EU for a good price?
(Late for this as I was on holiday) I got mine (Model: SH1 from bike24.net) which has hybrid construction. I got narrow feet and the shoe fits fine for me with this model.

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Bikeshop.no had them on sale for 160 euros a few times. Now they seem to be almost out of sizes, but something to watch out for in the future if they get more stock.

I had the possibility to get them at that price a few months back. Didn't do it though since I had the R3 before and didn't like them. As mentioned above, the heel retention was not good on these either, even though they had a slim looking heel. The boa fastening just didn't feel right somehow. It was like either too loose or too tight. Toebox was average.

Size wise, 43,5 fit me on the KR3. While with Giro, Lake and Shimano, it's 44. My feet are 273mm, left 106 wide, rght 109.

I had issues with pain in my right foot earlier this year. Ended up with Giro Imperials. The syncwire material seems to work for my feet. Later I got some cheaper Cadets for the trainer and Rincons for gravel. All with syncwire.
Last edited by Roadbiker10 on Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com