Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bowtieguy

by bowtieguy

jayjay wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:10 am
To the people who switched from 11 to 12-speed:
Do you feel the extra 5mm reach from the new STI?
Have you changed your stem/bar because of that?
I factored that in to my calculations when I bought my new bike and ordered a slightly shorter stem to negate the extra 5mm. Glad I did.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

Have any of you experienced oil leakage from the caliper?
Happened to me now after or during my Alp crossing. Few days later I've noticed squealing, so contaminated discs and then I inspected the caliper and it seems there was oil coming from the rear calipers bleed port.
Happened with my 105 12speed set up.
May have been caused by all my braking during decending? (I am not too brave when it comes too descends and windy conditions)

Attermann

by Attermann

no, shimano brake calipers does that, from the cheap to the expensive, they just do that.

TerryDi2C
in the industry

by TerryDi2C

My BR-R8070 caliper did that :(

tiramisue

by tiramisue

I recently went through this thread discussing the issue of a noisy Dura Ace 9250 rear derailleur. I personally use a 52/36 chainring setup with an 11-30 cassette, and I've also experienced rattling and ticking noises. It's a bit frustrating considering that the Dura Ace groupset is supposed to be thoroughly tested and reliable. I don't quite understand why I should have to tinker with it myself. It seems like Shimano, being a major player in the bike industry, should allocate more funds to research and development rather than focusing on marketing.

Anyway, I feel like I've made a questionable purchase and now I'm contemplating what I can do about it. I've already ensured that everything is properly adjusted. The b-gap is set at 14mm using a gauge, and I've also checked the derailleur hanger alignment and chain length.

One interesting point I came across is that the latest Dura-Ace groupset uses the same XTR chain. However, the pulleys on the Dura Ace are different in terms of tooth count and shape compared to the XTR pulleys. The XTR pulleys have a more pointed shape, while the Dura Ace pulleys don't seem to provide a perfect fit to the narrow inner plates of the chain. I'm curious if anyone has tried using the XTR pulleys on the new Dura Ace with a longer chain.

I would appreciate any insights or experiences from others who have encountered similar issues or have attempted modifications. Thank you!

ODC

by ODC

tiramisue wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:58 pm
I recently went through this thread discussing the issue of a noisy Dura Ace 9250 rear derailleur. I personally use a 52/36 chainring setup with an 11-30 cassette, and I've also experienced rattling and ticking noises. It's a bit frustrating considering that the Dura Ace groupset is supposed to be thoroughly tested and reliable. I don't quite understand why I should have to tinker with it myself. It seems like Shimano, being a major player in the bike industry, should allocate more funds to research and development rather than focusing on marketing.

Anyway, I feel like I've made a questionable purchase and now I'm contemplating what I can do about it. I've already ensured that everything is properly adjusted. The b-gap is set at 14mm using a gauge, and I've also checked the derailleur hanger alignment and chain length.

One interesting point I came across is that the latest Dura-Ace groupset uses the same XTR chain. However, the pulleys on the Dura Ace are different in terms of tooth count and shape compared to the XTR pulleys. The XTR pulleys have a more pointed shape, while the Dura Ace pulleys don't seem to provide a perfect fit to the narrow inner plates of the chain. I'm curious if anyone has tried using the XTR pulleys on the new Dura Ace with a longer chain.

I would appreciate any insights or experiences from others who have encountered similar issues or have attempted modifications. Thank you!
Change the cassette under warranty until you have a silent one.
I had ticking and rattling noises with several 12 speed Ultegra and Dura Ace casettes. Changing for another one in warranty was/is the only solution.
You can try so much as you want with everything but the only culprit for most of the ticking and rattling problems are bad produced cassettes.

ODC

by ODC

jayjay wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:10 am
To the people who switched from 11 to 12-speed:
Do you feel the extra 5mm reach from the new STI?
Have you changed your stem/bar because of that?
Yes i did.
With the 11 speed shifters i used a 140mm stem on my bike. Changed it for a 130mm stem.

tiramisue

by tiramisue

ODC wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:50 pm
tiramisue wrote:

I had ticking and rattling noises with several 12 speed Ultegra and Dura Ace casettes. Changing for another one in warranty was/is the only solution.
You can try so much as you want with everything but the only culprit for most of the ticking and rattling problems are bad produced cassettes.
Thanks for the post. Did you read the thread completely? As I have seen in your previous posts, you always point directly to the cassette. Other users have taken the trouble to also look at the cage, tab and the pully more closely. I am interested in other opinions, which have made a more effort. Thanks

ooo

by ooo

CS-R8100 cassettes are being replaced with CS-R8101 starting may 2023
(CS-R7100 cassettes was replaced with CS-R7101 in november 2022)

ICSR810012130 -> ICSR810112130
ICSR810012134 -> ICSR810112134
ICSR710012134 -> ICSR710112134
'

jayjay

by jayjay

What are the changes?
Any Info about a new Dura Ace cassette?

robertbb

by robertbb

ooo wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:47 am
CS-R8100 cassettes are being replaced with CS-R8101 starting may 2023
(CS-R7100 cassettes was replaced with CS-R7101 in november 2022)

ICSR810012130 -> ICSR810112130
ICSR810012134 -> ICSR810112134
ICSR710012134 -> ICSR710112134
Might be recognition of the manufacturing issue with the noisy/clicking cassettes... at least we'll know before purchasing, what we're getting.

Any changes to the 11-36? (which doesn't appear to have been released yet anyways)

ODC

by ODC

tiramisue wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:53 am
ODC wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:50 pm
tiramisue wrote:

Thanks for the post. Did you read the thread completely? As I have seen in your previous posts, you always point directly to the cassette. Other users have taken the trouble to also look at the cage, tab and the pully more closely. I am interested in other opinions, which have made a more effort. Thanks
Indeed I always point out the cassette because 90% of these problems are also the cassette.
In the beginning of the 12 speed group set i had this problem and i and my dealer tried everything: from b-gap, another derailleur hanger, …. and even another rear derailleur. We changed almost everything. Last thing we changed was the cassette and bingo!
In that period, with that bike, i had another 2 bad cassette (one Dura Ace and one Ultegra).

Now since march i have a new bike (again with a new 12 speed Dura Ace) and with a Ceramicspeed ospw cage (so another cage) and again i had the rattling noise. We changed the Dura Ace cassette immediately and bingo.

I know that some people had another sort of rubbing noise because of a bad batch of derailleur cages but Shimano replaced those ones and there is a updated cage from Shimano.

milanv

by milanv

This kind of problem? :?: :wink:
milanv wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 7:50 pm
So, again. :wink:
milanv wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:58 pm
Maddie wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:23 pm
Remove the glued ring that is sitting behind the cassette:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=168810
:thumbup:
milanv wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:22 am
From this thread viewtopic.php?t=156208
milanv wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:35 pm
So, several hours of mechanic job and here we go with the update of clicking a wobbling problem of my Ultegra cassettes on new wheelset. :wink: :smartass:

1. New cassette on the freehub wobbles and the 5th cog clicking problem remains. :|
2. Old cassette on the freehub wobbles less but still wobbles, the 5th cog clicking problem remains. :|
3. Old cassette without the glued ring and the special Shimano 1mm ring behind, it wobbles more than with the glued ring :x + it does not have ideal freehub movement when tightening to the correct tighten moment. :unbelievable: :x
4. Old cassette without the glued ring, voilà, it does not wobble. :) :beerchug: + the 5th cog clicking problem is lesser, it remains, but it is very very tiny.
:beerchug: I had to give it a minor adjustment in eTube Shimano app, but it is many times better and I can live with it at the moment.
I estimate that several people will not spot it.
:beerchug:

ooo

by ooo

jayjay wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:16 am
What are the changes?
EV-CS-R8100-4861A.pdf

11-34T:
11T: Y0MV11000 -> same
12T: Y0MV12000 -> Y0UJ9801T new
13T: Y0MV13000 -> same
14T: Y0NR14000 -> same