Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cuypmeister

by Cuypmeister

Sock3t wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:19 pm
Cuypmeister wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:54 pm
Gents, quick question. As I have swiped groupsets recently, I really wanted to have the equivalent of the 53-39 for 12 speed, so I bought the 54-40 crankset of dura-ace. The rest of my components are all Ultegra Di2, obviously 12 speed. Installed everything on my S-works aethos, but I am having the following issues:

1) The front derailleur does not shift from time to time. Like the left shifter only has sometimes connection with the front derailleur.
2) Seems the chain is going OK while shifting, however, when shifting from inner ring to outer ring (of the crankset), it gets stuck from time to time. Unfortunately with already a big scratch on my new dura-ace crankset :(

Now i am wondering: are these problems caused by the same issue? I was checking if the front derailleur is maybe the problem, and that ultegra is not compatible with dura-ace. Also the fact that the left shifter is doing "weird" (and the product is fully new, and updated with etube app) and sometimes shifts / sometimes doesn't..

Expert views please! :D
Where did you buy your chain? From a reputable shop or from Amazon/eBay? All of the Amazon and eBay stock are fakes and will chain suck and run like crap.
Bike discount, German website

ODC

by ODC

Does somebody knows what the difference is in shifter length between the new 12 speed Shimano (Dura Ace) shifter and the Sram Red AXS shifter?
Which one has a longer reach?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MilesG813

by MilesG813

Cuypmeister wrote:
Gents, quick question. As I have swiped groupsets recently, I really wanted to have the equivalent of the 53-39 for 12 speed, so I bought the 54-40 crankset of dura-ace. The rest of my components are all Ultegra Di2, obviously 12 speed. Installed everything on my S-works aethos, but I am having the following issues:

1) The front derailleur does not shift from time to time. Like the left shifter only has sometimes connection with the front derailleur.
2) Seems the chain is going OK while shifting, however, when shifting from inner ring to outer ring (of the crankset), it gets stuck from time to time. Unfortunately with already a big scratch on my new dura-ace crankset :(

Now i am wondering: are these problems caused by the same issue? I was checking if the front derailleur is maybe the problem, and that ultegra is not compatible with dura-ace. Also the fact that the left shifter is doing "weird" (and the product is fully new, and updated with etube app) and sometimes shifts / sometimes doesn't..

I am running the 54-40 DA crankset on 8100 Ultegra with no problems, it must be the setup.
2022 Specialized S-Works SL7 I Ultegra R8170 I Princeton Carbonworks 6560
2012 Cannondale CAAD 10 I 105 R5700 I Zipp 404s

cat4forlife

by cat4forlife

ipenguinking wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:05 am
Still waiting for my new cage. I'm going to ask my LBS to call Shimano Monday.

Btw anyone figured out how to quiet down the buzzing shifter? My left shifter is making this buzz noise while going over slighlty rought road at 20-22mph and it is getting worse.
Shimano has a new part number for the updated RD cage: R9250pcage

ODC

by ODC

ODC wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:23 pm
Does somebody knows what the difference is in shifter length between the new 12 speed Shimano (Dura Ace) shifter and the Sram Red AXS shifter?
Nobody?

rainerhq

by rainerhq

cat4forlife wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:42 pm
ipenguinking wrote:

Btw anyone figured out how to quiet down the buzzing shifter? My left shifter is making this buzz noise while going over slighlty rought road at 20-22mph and it is getting worse.
Does Ultegra RD also have this cage issue?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

milanv

by milanv

rainerhq wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:32 pm
cat4forlife wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:42 pm
ipenguinking wrote:

Does Ultegra RD also have this cage issue?
No

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

ODC wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:28 am
ODC wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:23 pm
Nobody?
Shimano
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

AXA

by AXA

The hidden buttons don't work properly on my Ultegra 12v group.
I've set the single tap function on my left hood to "page up" on my Garmin and on the right hood the single tap function start a new lap.
Both buttons are working but sometimes when I press the left one to switch page it also start a new lap without pressing the right one. Someone had a similar problem?
The 3 functions on my left hood are "page up, page down, map" so don't know why it also start a new lap.

Boooooo

by Boooooo

hi guys, is it possible to make wh-r9270 suitable for 11 speed cassette by changing the freehub?

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Boooooo wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:00 pm
hi guys, is it possible to make wh-r9270 suitable for 11 speed cassette by changing the freehub?
The DA 12sp wheels have a brand new freehub design. It is a ratchet like system, much like the DT Swiss system.

Shimano do not make a free hub body that could be retrofitted onto a 9270 rear hub that would enable an 11sp cassette to be mounted.

The 12 sp Ultegra wheels have the traditional Shimano freehub system and will take an 11sp cassette.

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

AXA wrote:The hidden buttons don't work properly on my Ultegra 12v group.
I've set the single tap function on my left hood to "page up" on my Garmin and on the right hood the single tap function start a new lap.
Both buttons are working but sometimes when I press the left one to switch page it also start a new lap without pressing the right one. Someone had a similar problem?
The 3 functions on my left hood are "page up, page down, map" so don't know why it also start a new lap.
Check what you have configured to long press. Might be lap..
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

AXA

by AXA

TurboKoo wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:08 pm
AXA wrote:The hidden buttons don't work properly on my Ultegra 12v group.
Check what you have configured to long press. Might be lap..
Unfortunately no.
Like I said the 3 functions on the left hood are:
- single tap => page up
- double tap => page down
- long press => map

Cuypmeister

by Cuypmeister

MilesG813 wrote:
Cuypmeister wrote:

I am running the 54-40 DA crankset on 8100 Ultegra with no problems, it must be the setup.
Got the problem solved with the support of a LBS.

First issue: battery in the left shifter was not ‘performing well’ because the battery was not placed 100 percent correctly.
Second issue: damaged cable between battery (placed in saddle) and front derailleur. Probably with taking battery in & out when I could not find the issue of the shifter problem.

Shifters installed as wireless components so obliged to do the updates via the LBS

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

robertbb

by robertbb

AXA wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:21 pm
The hidden buttons don't work properly on my Ultegra 12v group.
Hard to tell if this is a Shimano or Garmin issue...
Still, we could file it away in the (long and growing) list of issues with this groupset.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com