Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DanielNorway

by DanielNorway

BLUTACK wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:23 pm
Adjust the height of your RD - either that or your chain is too small.
Do you think its too high or low? Adjusted B-screw using the "GG adjustment gauge". Fwiw Im using a direct mount derailleur hanger.
Chain length is according to RD-manual DM-RARD010-03: big-big + 2-3 links.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DanielNorway

by DanielNorway

BLUTACK wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:23 pm
Adjust the height of your RD - either that or your chain is too small.
Do you think its too high or low? Adjusted B-screw using the "GG adjustment gauge". Fwiw Im using a direct mount derailleur hanger.
Chain length is according to RD-manual DM-RARD010-03: big-big + 2-3 links.

Aesch

by Aesch

Vuong05 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:21 pm
biglmbass wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:13 am
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:55 pm
They ever fix the weird issues with the 11-34t cassettes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What issue is that?
I think he is referring to the "clicking/ticking" noise while on the 5th cog or near the middle of the cassette?
was this only on the 34 cassette? And dura ace only too? I'm on ultegra with a 30 cassette but experience slight noise issues on 4th and 5th cog. Any fix that I might be able to do myself in that case? Thanks!

Nickldn

by Nickldn

Aesch wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:53 pm
Vuong05 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:21 pm
biglmbass wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:13 am
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:55 pm
They ever fix the weird issues with the 11-34t cassettes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What issue is that?
I think he is referring to the "clicking/ticking" noise while on the 5th cog or near the middle of the cassette?
was this only on the 34 cassette? And dura ace only too? I'm on ultegra with a 30 cassette but experience slight noise issues on 4th and 5th cog. Any fix that I might be able to do myself in that case? Thanks!
Not sure if y'all talkin' 'bout the small spacer at the back of the cassette getting outa shape and causin' noise. If so see below:

https://bettershifting.com/12-speed-dan ... cillation/

Dance with me DA DA, yeah, yeah, yeah!
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

Aesch

by Aesch

Interesting post! But that's not it for me, it's a slight metallic noise in 4th and 5th largest cogs.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

Aesch wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:23 pm
Interesting post! But that's not it for me, it's a slight metallic noise in 4th and 5th largest cogs.
In case you're interested, they fixed it for the 30T on some of my customer's bikes with later cassette gens.

If you want to fix it, you can refer to the guide I posted somewhere in this thread.

Aesch

by Aesch

MagicShite wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:47 pm
Aesch wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:23 pm
In case you're interested, they fixed it for the 30T on some of my customer's bikes with later cassette gens.

If you want to fix it, you can refer to the guide I posted somewhere in this thread.
This? Close look at the 19 it will be, thanks

Holy shit, I have finally "fixed" it. Long ass story incoming beware.

1. I used one of the thick spacers between the cassette as a feeler gauge and realized the 17-19T carrier has a slightly narrower spacing when mated to the largest carriers (in this case, 21T-30T or 21T-34T).

2. Used one of my shims I made for offsetting trainers (about 0.15mm-0.17mm) each and space it in between the carriers. Voila, noise all gone. However, this came with a caveat, the 11T no longer pedals smoothly and there is a skip every turn. This means the narrower spacing is intentional.

3. Swapped the 17-19T carriers between two different cassettes (11-30 and 11-34) and compared both. They look almost identical but the printing is different and one of the holes are machined differently. I swap it on anyway and voila, the ticking noise is back. This time it is similar to the ticking noise found on the 11-34.

4. Noticed two issues, the 11-34's secondary carrier has one tooth catching the chain while the 11-30T's secondary carrier has 3 teeth catching the chain. Decided to *f##k* it and just file the 11-30T's 19T's 3 problematic teeth slightly (no electrical tool involved, just some hand job *wink*). Voila, noise gone.

milanv

by milanv

milanv wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:58 pm
Maddie wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:23 pm
Remove the glued ring that is sitting behind the cassette:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=168810
:thumbup:
milanv wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:22 am
From this thread viewtopic.php?t=156208
milanv wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:35 pm
So, several hours of mechanic job and here we go with the update of clicking a wobbling problem of my Ultegra cassettes on new wheelset. :wink: :smartass:

1. New cassette on the freehub wobbles and the 5th cog clicking problem remains. :|
2. Old cassette on the freehub wobbles less but still wobbles, the 5th cog clicking problem remains. :|
3. Old cassette without the glued ring and the special Shimano 1mm ring behind, it wobbles more than with the glued ring :x + it does not have ideal freehub movement when tightening to the correct tighten moment. :unbelievable: :x
4. Old cassette without the glued ring, voilà, it does not wobble. :) :beerchug: + the 5th cog clicking problem is lesser, it remains, but it is very very tiny.
Maddie wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:00 am
If there's a wobble, chances are it's from the little ring that is glued to the back of the cassette (biggest cog). I recomend removing it
:beerchug: I had to give it a minor adjustment in eTube Shimano app, but it is many times better and I can live with it at the moment.
I estimate that several people will not spot it.
:beerchug:

RDY

by RDY

Anyone using the Rotor 11-36 cassette in 2x?

Matte86

by Matte86

RDY wrote:Anyone using the Rotor 11-36 cassette in 2x?
I was going to ask the same question..
My starting point is as I have a DA9200 bike and a Sram Red AXS one I’d like to move wheelset and sharing cassette could help a lot in the process

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Matte86 wrote:
My starting point is as I have a DA9200 bike and a Sram Red AXS one I’d like to move wheelset and sharing cassette could help a lot in the process
Despite both systems being 12 speed, that’s not doing to work.

Sram & Shimano use slightly different spacing that can be made to work acceptably. But the chains are incompatible. So you’d have to use Shimano chains and chainrings on both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matte86

by Matte86

ultimobici wrote:
Matte86 wrote:
Despite both systems being 12 speed, that’s not doing to work.

Sram & Shimano use slightly different spacing that can be made to work acceptably. But the chains are incompatible. So you’d have to use Shimano chains and chainrings on both.

Thanks for your reply..
My bad I didn’t explain myself correctly as English is not my first language..
I have one bike equipped with a full 2x DA9200 group set with Roval Rapide CLX, another bike is equipped with a full 2x Sram Red AXS with a gravel wheelset
The latter is a gravel bike, so my idea is to buy 2 rotor 11-36 cassettes to fit the 2 different wheel sets. So that when I travel I could just bring my gravel bike and if those rotor cassetta work it would be easier to swap wheel sets

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Matte86 wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:15 am
Thanks for your reply..
I have one bike equipped with a full 2x DA9200 group set with Roval Rapide CLX, another bike is equipped with a full 2x Sram Red AXS with a gravel wheelset
The latter is a gravel bike, so my idea is to buy 2 rotor 11-36 cassettes to fit the 2 different wheel sets. So that when I travel I could just bring my gravel bike and if those rotor cassetta work it would be easier to swap wheel sets
I presume your gravel bike is set up with full AXS at the moment inclusing AXS cassette & chainrings and a Flattop chain? If so, why not just use a Sram 10-36?

Matte86

by Matte86

ultimobici wrote:
Matte86 wrote:
Thanks for your reply..
I presume your gravel bike is set up with full AXS at the moment inclusing AXS cassette & chainrings and a Flattop chain? If so, why not just use a Sram 10-36?
That’a correct, I thought that potentially putting my road bike wheel set with rotor 11-36 requires different chain length compared to a 10-36.. so having the same cassette maybe solves this

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Matte86 wrote:
ultimobici wrote:
Matte86 wrote:
Thanks for your reply..
That’a correct, I thought that potentially putting my road bike wheel set with rotor 11-36 requires different chain length compared to a 10-36.. so having the same cassette maybe solves this
Problem is you need an AXS cassette so Rotor or Shimano are no good. What wheels are you using?