Dura-Ace R9200

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ritxis

by Ritxis

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:51 pm
I love the SW-R600 satellite shifter on my 9150 setup - though it was a 9070 generation product.

Is there anyway that this switch can be spliced into a 9250 DI2 system?
no, Shimano does not allow the use of double button controls, not even using the adapter from SD50 to SD300.......It is a matter of firmware, because it is possible to use 1-button TT/Tri remotes from the previous series

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TriBenji

by TriBenji

I have a DA 9200 crankset with 54/42 chainrings, with Ultegra 8100 Front and rear dereilleur. Works fine, but when adjusting in the e-tube app it wont allow me to go higher than 52/39 on the crankset (guess thats Max for ultegra cranksets).

Will that impact the correct sequencing of the full syncro shift?

I have to use syncro shift since This is my Tri/TT bike which just have single button shifters.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

TriBenji wrote:I have a DA 9200 crankset with 54/42 chainrings, with Ultegra 8100 Front and rear dereilleur. Works fine, but when adjusting in the e-tube app it wont allow me to go higher than 52/39 on the crankset (guess thats Max for ultegra cranksets).

I have to use syncro shift since This is my Tri/TT bike which just have single button shifters.
I think you can manually adjust the shift points. If so, you’ll need the shift map from a Dura Ace set-up so you can copy the shift points. Maybe Terry can help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ritxis

by Ritxis

TriBenji wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:35 am
I have a DA 9200 crankset with 54/42 chainrings, with Ultegra 8100 Front and rear dereilleur. Works fine, but when adjusting in the e-tube app it wont allow me to go higher than 52/39 on the crankset (guess thats Max for ultegra cranksets).

select what e-tube lets you and that's it... there is no problem in putting different toothing

TerryDi2C
in the industry

by TerryDi2C

Yeah, it'll work fine. Sure, the gear ratios it displays in the Synchro Shift settings will be wrong... but if you set it up to shift at the 4th gear, it'll still do that... even when that gear is 54x26T instead of 52x26T :).

Konsi

by Konsi

And if you have it displayed on the Garmin, you can put in the correct numbers there.

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

henau212 wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:12 pm
For those of us who are stuck with R9100P and R9200P, is there any recourse? I chatted with Canyon and they offered $50 to take it to a local Shimano tech to check out. For now, it’s just kind of a useless piece of gear on my bike and I’m running Rally pedals and dual recording.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why not just sell the Powermeter, buy a standard spider and use the Rally? The did not fix the old and my bet is that they are not going fix the new one..
My solution (along with a BBinfinite GXP BB):

Slightly heavier than the R9100P, but not bad (739g).

TriBenji

by TriBenji

TerryDi2C wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:51 pm
Yeah, it'll work fine. Sure, the gear ratios it displays in the Synchro Shift settings will be wrong... but if you set it up to shift at the 4th gear, it'll still do that... even when that gear is 54x26T instead of 52x26T :).
Great, Thanks for helping guys! :D

Cubist

by Cubist

Has anybody tried a 40T inner chainring in combination with a 52T outer chainring.

Is this a combination that will likely cause problems? I live in the Netherlands where it is very flat. I want to ride with a 40T inner chainring on the flats here and then change back to 36 when I go to the hills/mountains.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Cubist wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:56 pm
Has anybody tried a 40T inner chainring in combination with a 52T outer chainring.

Is this a combination that will likely cause problems? I live in the Netherlands where it is very flat. I want to ride with a 40T inner chainring on the flats here and then change back to 36 when I go to the hills/mountains.
I can't recall where I read it - perhaps somewhere in this thread even - but someone looked at it and simply placing the 40 against a 52 showed that, due to the larger size of the 40 compared to the 36 the 52 is normally paired with, the shift ramp entry points were below the teeth on the 40 ring. That indicated that the shifting to the big ring might be quite compromised.

You could always be the one to give it a go and report back on how it works. Thankfully, even 9200 inner rings are pretty cheap compared to the outer rings. For $40-$50 it would be money well spent to run the experiment. I just might do it myself when I finally get 9200 onto a frame.

Marvinman

by Marvinman

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:24 pm
henau212 wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:12 pm
For those of us who are stuck with R9100P and R9200P, is there any recourse? I chatted with Canyon and they offered $50 to take it to a local Shimano tech to check out. For now, it’s just kind of a useless piece of gear on my bike and I’m running Rally pedals and dual recording.

Why not just sell the Powermeter, buy a standard spider and use the Rally? The did not fix the old and my bet is that they are not going fix the new one..
My solution (along with a BBinfinite GXP BB):

Slightly heavier than the R9100P, but not bad (739g).

Hi I'm interested in this Quarq setup - does it work OK or are there any issues? I'm running Quarq and would like to upgrade but keep it as my PM

Thx very much

m3bas

by m3bas

Cubist wrote:

Yes I have tried it. Shifts from small to big do not work at all.

I have instead used a 9000 series 38t small ring and that works about 90% so happy with that. 90% still being very good just marginally slower at some angles.

scottydonald

by scottydonald

Cubist wrote:

If i was you i would jsut go 54/40. simple.

Nickldn

by Nickldn

Cubist wrote:

Out of curiosity, what is the advantage to you of running a 40T inner ring with a 52T outer, better chainline?
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Nickldn wrote:
Cubist wrote:

Out of curiosity, what is the advantage to you of running a 40T inner ring with a 52T outer, better chainline?
Back when mid-compact wasn’t yet a thing I had a 38 paired with a 50 for the SE of England and swapped to a 34 for trips to Europe. It meant I could use the inner ring for cruising in to work etc rather than staying in the big ring and cross chaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com