CAAD13

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

matcav

by matcav

eli76141 wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:08 pm
There's been some talk about tire size and clearance. Some have apparently mounted 33 mm gravel tires. Does anyone have pictures of this? And how does it ride on gravel?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CerdRykhmco ... JmNzVkMjY=

Here it seems to be set up with 35mm terra speed

eli76141

by eli76141

Does anyone know the tire clearance with fenders on the rim brake version?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

c60rider

by c60rider

eli76141 wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:25 pm
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=159994 Here's my own personal build thread on a CAAD13 rim brake with mudguards, the issues I had and the eventual work around to get the best clearance I could. Ultimately this frame design is a total disaster when it comes to attempting to fit mudguards and was clearly never even designed or tested for them, and purely done as an afterthought because they'd put the mudguard eyes on the disc brake version.

I can now fit 25mm continental gatorskins easily in the rear on Campagnolo shamal ultra c17 rims :thumbup:

eli76141

by eli76141

c60rider wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:00 pm
eli76141 wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:25 pm
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=159994 Here's my own personal build thread on a CAAD13 rim brake with mudguards, the issues I had and the eventual work around to get the best clearance I could. Ultimately this frame design is a total disaster when it comes to attempting to fit mudguards and was clearly never even designed or tested for them, and purely done as an afterthought because they'd put the mudguard eyes on the disc brake version.

I can now fit 25mm continental gatorskins easily in the rear on Campagnolo shamal ultra c17 rims :thumbup:
Thanks. That is a very detailed and helpful topic, you've done. I guess I will try to find another frame for mudguards.

flemingcool

by flemingcool

Hi.

Does anyone know (or has anyone actually fitted) Cannondale Hollowgram SL wheels to a caad13?

These wheels specifically; https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/compone ... set-p17284

I'm thinking (hoping) of building up a Caad 13 frame with components from my old 2016 synapse black Inc (after my child knocked the bike over and wrote off the frame).

Will sisl2 chainset fit caad13 as well?

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

No experience of the wheels but I have a Si Crankset on my CAAD 13 and it fits fine. The CAAD 13 is still BB30a, it hasn't got wider.

I anticipate a new CAAD will move to a wider, threaded system and hence Hollowgram cranksets will no longer fit.

nooski

by nooski

flemingcool wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:38 pm
Hi.

Does anyone know (or has anyone actually fitted) Cannondale Hollowgram SL wheels to a caad13?

These wheels specifically; https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/compone ... set-p17284

I'm thinking (hoping) of building up a Caad 13 frame with components from my old 2016 synapse black Inc (after my child knocked the bike over and wrote off the frame).

For wheels you need them to be compatible with TA, of course for CAAD 13 you need speed release axles. They are not always easy to find. CAAD13 is compatible with Sisl2 cranks. You just need correct spacers (in the correct way).
Dum spiro spero
my bike: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130302

Skittlez212

by Skittlez212

flemingcool wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:38 pm
Hi.

Yep have fitted both SiSL2 crankset and hollowgram SL wheels from my supersix.

See attached pic of SL wheels and 31c vittoria terreno dry fitted and another with 25c bontis
Attachments
24A40551-79EE-4002-B04D-8E66E4FA35D2.jpeg
2929660B-6A7D-4670-B018-5B86F26C15D9.jpeg

flemingcool

by flemingcool

That's brilliant, thanks everyone. Skittlez212 they look great. I was asking as if seen a second hand bike come up. Ordered it and it's on the way. Since seen di2 is a bit of a pain to fit. Anyone had any experience of that? Routing cables around bottom bracket ok?

Edit: Skittlez212 just realised after looking at pics that it looks like you have di2 fitted as well? Did it go in OK? Did you need to get any extra bits? I've ordered a battery holder for seatpost, but think I may need a junction box for downtube? di2 from my synapse had the junction box out front under the Garmin mount.

flemingcool

by flemingcool

So more or less finished my CAAD13 build. Pretty pleased as it was my first attempt doing anything like this. Most of it was pretty straightforward. Found di2 wires around the bottom bracket were fine. Just a bit tricky fishing them through the hole from seat tube to bottom bracket shell. The wheels were a bit of a pain to convert to thru axle, only because the kit from Cannondale is for the formula hubs they used on some of these wheels at a later date. Had to buy another set for the DTSwiss 240 hub on the rear. Brakes were fine as well after a couple of efforts bleeding them and shortening the front cable. Shimano R785 levers into 105 callipers. Stock weight was 9.2kg, with all the changes it's down to 7.9kg. Looking forwards to getting out on it a bit soon. I'll wait until I've been out a few times before adjusting and cutting steerer tube. Before and after pics;

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

Nice build. One thing I had to do with mine was get rid of the massive conical spacer and replace with a Supersix one. Looks so much better and you can get the stem lower.

flemingcool

by flemingcool

Yeah I've bought the spacer already (KP253?) but want to get the fit right after a couple of rides before deciding if it suits. As it stands I can't fit it as I don't have the right combination of spacers. I did sit it on top of the headset though and it seems a bit small diameter wise? Conical is 47mm vs KP253 at 45mm? Means you can see unpainted frame around edges?

PUNlSHER

by PUNlSHER

flemingcool wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:37 pm
So more or less finished my CAAD13 build. Pretty pleased as it was my first attempt doing anything like this. Most of it was pretty straightforward. Found di2 wires around the bottom bracket were fine. Just a bit tricky fishing them through the hole from seat tube to bottom bracket shell. The wheels were a bit of a pain to convert to thru axle, only because the kit from Cannondale is for the formula hubs they used on some of these wheels at a later date. Had to buy another set for the DTSwiss 240 hub on the rear. Brakes were fine as well after a couple of efforts bleeding them and shortening the front cable. Shimano R785 levers into 105 callipers. Stock weight was 9.2kg, with all the changes it's down to 7.9kg. Looking forwards to getting out on it a bit soon. I'll wait until I've been out a few times before adjusting and cutting steerer tube. Before and after pics;

7.9kg without pedals?
S6 EVO3 - 6380g CAAD13 - 6626g TOPSTONE Al - 8195g

flemingcool

by flemingcool

7.9kg as seen.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kvh87

by Kvh87

Does anyone have a definitive answer as to what is a good replacement for the standard Tange headset dust cover?

I've see the Supersix 5mm Bearing Cover, part number KP253, mentioned a few times but it isn't a good fit. First of all, I measured the diameter at 45.2 mm, while the standard is 46.8mm. Also, inside of the cap touches the outside of the upper bearing and not the preload washer, resulting in zero preload. I could add some microspacers underneath but that would result in a lot of space between the steere tube and the cover.