CAAD13

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tdm

by tdm

CharlieDG wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:34 pm
Hey guys- here's my Caad13. This is my wet/potentially wet weather and training bike. I bought the 105 model, which was super heavy at over 9kg. I have upgraded the wheels to Giant SLR 42mm hookless rims, Cannondale Save carbon seatpost, Prime Doyenne stem, Prime Primavera X-light carbon bars, Dura Ace 9100 front mech and shfters (got these off a friend), 105 R700 crankset, Ultegra R8000 cassette, Fabric Line Titanium saddle. I'm planning to get some Hollowgram cranks and to put on a 9100 rear derailleur I have.
Without my Garmin Rally RS100 pedals the weight is 8.0kg. I will be putting Portland Design Works fenders on for winter. Great bike!
Nice bike! Have you considered a carbon frame with mudguards for winter? Maybe a Cervelo Caledonia with eTap?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

parajba

by parajba

CharlieDG wrote:
Hey guys- here's my Caad13. This is my wet/potentially wet weather and training bike. I bought the 105 model, which was super heavy at over 9kg. I have upgraded the wheels to Giant SLR 42mm hookless rims, Cannondale Save carbon seatpost, Prime Doyenne stem, Prime Primavera X-light carbon bars, Dura Ace 9100 front mech and shfters (got these off a friend), 105 R700 crankset, Ultegra R8000 cassette, Fabric Line Titanium saddle. I'm planning to get some Hollowgram cranks and to put on a 9100 rear derailleur I have.
Without my Garmin Rally RS100 pedals the weight is 8.0kg. I will be putting Portland Design Works fenders on for winter. Great bike!
Can you post a picture with the PDW? I purchased a set of the PDW road plus because I have 28mm tyres, but haven't installed them yet. The rear stays seemed short, but maybe I am wrong. Will install them next week.

jrod88

by jrod88

gjaevert wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:03 am
jrod88 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:14 am
Lockring tool arrived, installed the spider ring on the crank arms now just waiting on the puller tool. I should save weight there.

I also have a carbon set of Thomson bars ready to swap as well. Once I find a comfortable position I'll swap in a lighter stem and cut the steerer.

I'm stuck on wheels, almost anything will be lighter than these Fulcrums, but as a Clyde I have to be careful. HED RC4's or stick with old faithful, Belgium Plus/CK builds.
Can I ask how this went?
Did you change whole crankset or only arms/chainrings?

Keen to do some sort of crank upgrade, but hard to come by a complete Hollowgram crank.
Went great! Sorry for the delay. Took a bit of time from forums/Social Media.

Swap saved time having to worry about spacers and spindles. Since the gearing was the same, no adjustment was needed other than a slight turn on the low limit.
Allez Sprint
SS EVO SE

CharlieDG

by CharlieDG

parajba wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:54 pm
CharlieDG wrote:
Can you post a picture with the PDW? I purchased a set of the PDW road plus because I have 28mm tyres, but haven't installed them yet. The rear stays seemed short, but maybe I am wrong. Will install them next week.
Sorry for the delay. Here's my bike with the 'guards. I think they look great and work really well on the wet rides I've done so far

parajba

by parajba

CharlieDG wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:27 pm
parajba wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:54 pm
CharlieDG wrote:
Sorry for the delay. Here's my bike with the 'guards. I think they look great and work really well on the wet rides I've done so far
Looks really nice! I just finished installing the front, was easy although I had to cut 2 cm from the metal stays as they were too long. I am struggling with the rear, the black metal stays seem too short. Did you have any issues?

The kit came with two metal stays U shaped, one longer for the back.

CharlieDG

by CharlieDG

To be honest, I took it to my lbs as I knew it would be a challenge. And it was! The guy said it took him around 2 hours, lots of dremelling and filing. But he got there in the end...

Gaz9

by Gaz9

Hi,

Looking at a caad 13 as a winter bike. I don't have a chance to try one locally where I live but there's a 56 available for delivery and I'm 5'10". Anyone else similar height know if it sounds right or would I be better waiting for a 54 (6months wait apparently).

Thanks

PUNlSHER

by PUNlSHER

Hi all
Want to install red 22 cranks with integrated spider on caad13.
DS - nothing, NDS - Wave Washer & 3 ±2 0.5 mm shims, I'm correct??

ps. It's 1.5mm overall or I need 2,5mm shims? Thank you..
S6 EVO3 - 6380g CAAD13 - 6626g TOPSTONE Al - 8195g

CharlieDG

by CharlieDG

Hi all - is it possible to install Di2 on the Caad13 disc? I've read stuff saying it's actually very tricky...

belopsky

by belopsky

Ordered a Caad13 rim w the glacier blue paintjob today!

rothwem

by rothwem

Have you guys seen the red throwback paint job they're offering on the rim brake frameset? I was planning on ordering a built up disc brake model, but this has me reconsidering.
Attachments
65234A1B-E9DF-44E0-964F-B4082B584C6D.jpeg

belopsky

by belopsky

^^Yes, this is what I saw today, and went with the glacier blue. I don't need disc brakes, and a rim brake bike will always be lighter ;D

rothwem

by rothwem

belopsky wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:18 pm
^^Yes, this is what I saw today, and went with the glacier blue. I don't need disc brakes, and a rim brake bike will always be lighter ;D
Ahhh. I finally looked at that paint job on a computer and not a phone and I like it too! Now I just have to decide if I'm okay with rim brakes instead of discs.

charirider

by charirider

This frames have direct mount rim brakes, which in my experience have the same/better atoping power than hydro disc brakes.
I am looking forward to buy saeco paint scheme, looks uber retro!
2018 Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2 rim size 56 (raw stripped) 6.9kg
2014 Bridgestone Anchor CX6 Equipe size 55 (cyclocross) 9.8kg

mlosco

by mlosco

Loving the glacier blue. But as I've already got a disc brake wheelset and groupset lying around, the rim brake frame doesn't make much sense for me. Does anyone know if they're planning to offer the frameset in disc (preferably with the same/equally cool paint schemes)?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com