Orbea Orca 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Beaver

by Beaver

There seems to be an update this year:

Does anyone know any details yet? ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Orbea seems to revise or change models extremely fast!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

3 years is the standard update cycle these days and the current Orca was released in 2016.

Beaver

by Beaver

Question is, if it's only a "facelift" or a completely new frame again. They could adopt the Tarmac SL6, so lower seatstays, direct mount brakes, cable routing into the top of the downtube, proprietary seat post and so on. If that's the case I would buy another old one. ;)

Beaver

by Beaver

Any news here? Has it been spotted with pro racers? :noidea:

Beaver

by Beaver

I would guess the disc brake model remains unchanged (the frameset seems to be the same as in 2019) and the UCI ORB-ORC9-RD is a new rim brake model. :noidea:

mag

by mag

Yes that could be it - if they haven't been more radical and haven't gone disc only... :-D

Beaver

by Beaver

Don't jinx it! ;) I asked them a month ago and they had "no news to share yet". Now I asked again on facebook - let's see...

BagelMaster

by BagelMaster

This is all based on visuals -- but our local Orbea dealer recently sold a new Orca customized with the MyO program and said he thought there were some minor updates: the forks are bowed out more like the Orca Aero, downtube is slightly reshaped and the bottom bracket is slighty reshaped. No way for me to verify those claims though.

Beaver

by Beaver

BagelMaster wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:41 pm
This is all based on visuals -- but our local Orbea dealer recently sold a new Orca customized with the MyO program and said he thought there were some minor updates: the forks are bowed out more like the Orca Aero, downtube is slightly reshaped and the bottom bracket is slighty reshaped. No way for me to verify those claims though.
Ok, thanks - if it was a Disc Orca, that would explain it. That's why the homologation was needed.

From yesterday's video the fork really looks wider at the upper part and the BB also changed a bit.

So only a facelift... But as it is called only Orca and not Orca Disc, I fear there will be no update for the rim brake version. :|
Attachments
FF.jpg

Beaver

by Beaver

Attachments
o.jpg

CraigKnobovitch

by CraigKnobovitch

Haven't really seen or heard much from Orbea or seen anything on Kide (I work at an Orbea dealer). You are right about minor changes for the 2019 model including the fork, steerer tube/headtube junction, and the downtube changeup.

Beaver

by Beaver

There seems to be a new Orbea Orca OMX frameset, disc only: https://www.orbea-versand.de/index.php? ... m=orca+omx

Frame Orbea Orca carbon OMX Disc, monocoque construction, HS 1,5", BB 386mm, powermeter compatible, Rear Thru Axle 12x142mm, thread M12x2 P1, internal cable routing, EC/DC compatible, OMX specific seat tube.

Fork Orca OMX, Carbon steerer, tapered 1-1/8" - 1,5", carbon dropouts, Thru axle 12x100mm, thread M12x2 P1

The Orca OMR rim gets cheaper...

Ritxis

by Ritxis

Beaver wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:21 pm
There seems to be a new Orbea Orca OMX frameset, disc only: https://www.orbea-versand.de/index.php? ... m=orca+omx

Frame Orbea Orca carbon OMX Disc, monocoque construction, HS 1,5", BB 386mm, powermeter compatible, Rear Thru Axle 12x142mm, thread M12x2 P1, internal cable routing, EC/DC compatible, OMX specific seat tube.

Fork Orca OMX, Carbon steerer, tapered 1-1/8" - 1,5", carbon dropouts, Thru axle 12x100mm, thread M12x2 P1

The Orca OMR rim gets cheaper...
upload_2019-9-2_22-39-21.png

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com