Orbea Orca 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:12 pm
Anyone ordered a custom bike lately? wondering how long it takes to get one?
Ordered one in October, the original date was early March, still confirmed to come late March.
Btw, Orbea also raised prices, however, contrary to some other manufacturers, honors the preorders and these will be handled by the "old" pricing.

If you ordered something right now, I don't think you'd get anything earlier than August, if at all, just as with almost anyone else.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

skymasternl

by skymasternl

Aerohead23 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:12 pm
Anyone ordered a custom bike lately? wondering how long it takes to get one?
Also ordered a custom Orca OMR back in mid October 2020 in the Netherlands. Was to be delivered in 2nd week of May but apparently it's been moved up to 2nd half of April apparently.

I also received the confirmation email from Orbea saying that the price will not change for us who ordered before the price increase. My LBS didn't even ask me to pay a deposit. Quite neat.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

litespeeder

by litespeeder

Hi guys, i need help on Orca frame size decision. I'm 5'7" (171cm) with 31 inches inside leg. I've the feeling that, beside from Orbeas recommendation, the 51 size maybe is a little bit to small, so better going with a 53. What do you think?

andyw79

by andyw79

litespeeder wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:20 am
Hi guys, i need help on Orca frame size decision. I'm 5'7" (171cm) with 31 inches inside leg. I've the feeling that, beside from Orbeas recommendation, the 51 size maybe is a little bit to small, so better going with a 53. What do you think?
I'm 173cm tall with stumpy legs (29.5 inch inside leg) - went for a pre purchase sizing at a bike fitter and he recommended a 53 for the Orca (haven't ridden it yet so hopefully he was right!).

Janboo

by Janboo

Ordered my Orca OMX together with an Oiz OMX (lucky me) first week of sept 2020. Delivery was scheduled eind of january for the Orca. Hope to receive the bike end of march. For the Oiz it will be end of april but nothing sure.

As for the size of the Orca, it will be a 53. I'm 181cm tall with inseam 83cm. (32.7 inch). Tried a 51 (too small) and a 55 (felt too big) so ended with a 53.

With 171 and 31 inside legs I would go for 51 but it is af course also preferences.

check6

by check6

Janboo wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:29 am
Ordered my Orca OMX together with an Oiz OMX (lucky me) first week of sept 2020. Delivery was scheduled eind of january for the Orca. Hope to receive the bike end of march. For the Oiz it will be end of april but nothing sure.

As for the size of the Orca, it will be a 53. I'm 181cm tall with inseam 83cm. (32.7 inch). Tried a 51 (too small) and a 55 (felt too big) so ended with a 53.

With 171 and 31 inside legs I would go for 51 but it is af course also preferences.
Ordered my Oiz August last year. Shipping is scheduled for this Monday, 3/22. Not sure if that is shipping from the distributor, Spain or the moon, but scheduled just the same. The XTR groups was the claimed delay, then the deraileur hanger held it up for over a month. Sure hope it actually shipped this week, but at this point I'm less than optimistic.

check6

by check6

andyw79

by andyw79

Has anyone fitted their Orca to a turbo trainer - I don't use them but it will be going on a turbo during a bike fit and the manual seems to suggest you need a specific trainer axle rather than just using the standard one that comes with the bike?

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

What type of axle does Orca currently use?
What type of trainer would be used?

If you know ans the first one, can query from fitter if their trainer is compatible.

andyw79

by andyw79

rudye9mr wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:24 pm

If you know ans the first one, can query from fitter if their trainer is compatible.
It comes with a bolt through thru axle - the bike fitter uses a Kickr but hasn't had an Orbea on it before.

In the past I've always just used the thru axle that came with the bike to connect to a turbo but noticed the blue paper says you must use a specific trainer axle (£54 after postage to attach to a turbo once!).

timbo43x

by timbo43x

andyw79 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:11 pm
rudye9mr wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:24 pm

It comes with a bolt through thru axle - the bike fitter uses a Kickr but hasn't had an Orbea on it before.

In the past I've always just used the thru axle that came with the bike to connect to a turbo but noticed the blue paper says you must use a specific trainer axle (£54 after postage to attach to a turbo once!).
You only need to buy that trainer axle if you use a wheel on trainer and you need the trainer to clamp pressure through the axle. I have mine mounted on a Kickr 2018 and no issue. It screws in like mounting your wheel outdoors.

I had the same issue with my bike fitter and they are ordering a wheel on axle from Orbea (kind of them to support it as a one off). But, I'll take the Kickr with me just in case.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Janboo wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:29 am

How did 55 feel too big? Reach, stack of was it something else?
Noticed 53 comes stock with 170mm cranks and 55 172.5.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

xfurio

by xfurio

TheMadWeasel wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:36 am
Hello fellow Orbea Orca OMX fans

I am currently in need of replacing my old, aging and unfortunately broken Trek 5500 USPS edition 2003, fitted with Campagnolo Record groupset.
Long story short: the BB shell is broken and completely worn out.

You'll probably see me coming with my question: I am interested in the Orbea Orca OMX, but I actually want to have it fitted with Campagnolo Chorus or Record 12 speed disc. Not because I dislike or dispise Shimano, nor SRAM, it's just that I am so accustomed to Campagnolo (especially the thumb shifters) that I don't want anything else. I tried Shimano Ultegra R8000, but it just wasn't for me tbh.

The question: According to Tarkus in this thread, Orbea has confirmed him that Campa 12 speed mechanical should work but that the EPS versions of Record en Super Record (way above my budget anyway) wouldn't work.
However, when I contacted Orbea myself, they said that 12 Speed campa will NOT work, only the EPS versions of Record and Super Record?!

In addition, when I asked a LBS who is an Orbea dealer, he told me he thinks it might work, while another local LBS Orbea dealer told me it will not work!

So... Can anybody confirm for good that you can build up an Orbea Orca OMX with Campagnolo 12 speed mechanical (either Chorus or Record).
Thank you so much!
Hi.

Answering to the question above, indeed. I just build up my Orca OMX with Record 12s mechanical.

No issues.

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

Does anyone happen to have a carbon raw in matte? I'd like to see some detail photos to compare em to the glossy finish.

mariosimas

by mariosimas

https://www.orbea.com/es-es/myo/step-customization/

click on "Paleta de colores"

than you can choose between "brillo" and mate"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com