*Tour Aero Bike Tests*

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

EtoDemerzel

by EtoDemerzel

toxin wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:47 am
New storck aerfast https://www.tour-magazin.de/rennraeder/ ... tour-test/

201 w with 1x and fully optimised wheels and tyres. Marketing claimed fastest bike ever cause they tested it without a bottle and got 195 w.

They also claim 360 g weight saving when the actual measured frame weight is 17 g heavier and fork 36 g ligher than last gen. They claim it's 620 g lighter than the simplon when the frame diff is 150 g and fork weight is almost identical.

What a joke of a company.
That looks like a very positive review of the Storck to me. They say it's unusually lively for an aero bike, would be under 200w w/ 38 bars.
They also say outside of the wind tunnel, the Storck is superior to the Simplon.

It's also 7170g vs. 7790g Simplon so it is 620g lighter.
Tour said it used different carbon to maintain the same weight as the older model, while being more aero. It's pretty clear in the article how it got lighter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

slot22

by slot22

Where can i find the cervelo s5 >2023 edition?

Thanks

toxin

by toxin

EtoDemerzel wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:57 pm
toxin wrote:

201 w with 1x and fully optimised wheels and tyres. Marketing claimed fastest bike ever cause they tested it without a bottle and got 195 w.

They also claim 360 g weight saving when the actual measured frame weight is 17 g heavier and fork 36 g ligher than last gen. They claim it's 620 g lighter than the simplon when the frame diff is 150 g and fork weight is almost identical.

That looks like a very positive review of the Storck to me. They say it's unusually lively for an aero bike, would be under 200w w/ 38 bars.
They also say outside of the wind tunnel, the Storck is superior to the Simplon.

Tour said it used different carbon to maintain the same weight as the older model, while being more aero. It's pretty clear in the article how it got lighter.
It's 1x and the wheels and tyres are listed lighter than the ones tested with simplon. So add 3-400 g and a few watts of drag to equalise for setup and the storck it's not looking so hot for a bike that's more expensive than simplon. It's not even faster than the last aerfast which is just a last gen pardus spark with an ugly fork slapped onto it.

The simplon frame is about ~150 g heavier. That's all the storck has over it. The simplon is better in every other performance metric if you dont mind the proprietary cockpit.

The tested storck frame is effectively a size or two smaller than the tested simplon too.
Last edited by toxin on Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naavt

by naavt

toxin wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:46 pm

It's 1x and the wheels and tyres are listed lighter than the ones tested with simplon. So add 3-400 g and a few watts of drag to equalise for setup and the storck it's not looking so hot for a bike that's more expensive than simplon. It's not even faster than the last aerfast which is just a last gen pardus spark with an ugly fork slapped onto it.

The simplon frame is about ~150 g heavier. That's all the storck has over it. The simplon is better in every other performance metric if you dont mind the proprietary cockpit.
Curious that one thing that makes me love the Aerfast is the "ugly" fork you mention. I think this is one of those examples that "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder".

For me that's the principle factor that sets the Aerfast apart from "every other" drop seatstays bike.

The only thing that puts me off from buying one is having 5 bikes in my garage and price!

I've even considered investing in a Pardus (which is cheaper comparatively), but went away after realizing that I couldn't source the Aerfast fork to mount in the Pardus frame.
Last edited by naavt on Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toxin

by toxin

I don't mind a deep fork. But it just looks wrong on that bike.

nigel379

by nigel379

EtoDemerzel wrote:
toxin wrote:

Tour says it would test 199 watts with 36cm bars not 38cm.

Wish tour added stem and heandlbar weight as the Simplon bar and stem are crazy heavy. From Simplon's own site: stem is 281 grams (80-100mm) and the 38cm bars are 334 grams.

EtoDemerzel

by EtoDemerzel

toxin wrote:
EtoDemerzel wrote:
toxin wrote:

The tested storck frame is effectively a size or two smaller than the tested simplon too.
Tour's review is very positive and called it first class aero bike that's better than the Simplon outside the windtunnel.
They also said the limitations of going below 200w has more to do with the UCI regs and that's about the limit within the rules.

Maybe you feel it's not changed enough from the .4 but it seems alright for Storck.
I generally have a positive opinion of the brand, having ridden a few. Though neither brand is worth discussing in any great depth.
It's just a pretty big discreptancy from how positive the Tour article is and how much you hate the Storck. lol

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

toxin wrote:

I mean, this is kind of huge because integrated cockpits are rarely long/low/narrow enough.

toxin

by toxin

when you put 2x on it it's in the same range as aeroad s5 and systemsix

spartan

by spartan

new numbers added dogma very impressive weight with sram axs .
https://www.tour-magazin.de/rennraeder/ ... r-im-test/

colnago need to deliver a new frameset for Pogo. premium brand with mediocre engineering.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

fizzaz

by fizzaz

Yeah, he's seems to be really held back at the moment...

Ronin416

by Ronin416

fizzaz wrote:Yeah, he's seems to be really held back at the moment...
Almost painful knowing the edge the other bikes have over his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobones

by bobones

Yeah, if he was on a decent bike, he'd probably have won the last two TdF's.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

spartan wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:41 pm

colnago need to deliver a new frameset for Pogo. premium brand with mediocre engineering.

I expect big things from Colnago. Team UAE-Emirates and UAE-ADQ are going to be powerhouses for a long time and Colnago is literally owned by Abu Dhabi. They have nearly unlimited resources at their disposal.

dvdrl

by dvdrl

bobones wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:00 am
Yeah, if he was on a decent bike, he'd probably have won the last two TdF's.
That's a joke, right?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com