Look 795 Blade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Using the Token campy BB...really good.

Conceptually, any thread together should work well...note no place for c-clip vs campy oem bb cups.

hannawald

by hannawald

If you aleeady have C-Bear you should try it, they are good quality. If it starts creaking you can change it later. But it should be ok. It is not some rule every pressfit creaks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

naavt

by naavt

Manage to find a Token one on an Italian bike store. Campy SR CULT bearings are known for having dragging seals. I'm thinking on fitting the C-Bear ones on the Token unit. Let's hope they fit.

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

C-Bear does not run seals or has a contactless seal?

naavt

by naavt

rudye9mr wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:39 am
C-Bear does not run seals or has a contactless seal?
They have seals but are much more free running than CULT bearings. Don't really know why though.

naavt

by naavt

forklifter wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:24 pm
Maybe some potential weight loss:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/354402902587?h ... R77cioqzYQ
Not that great I'm afraid! I've came surprised with the stock seatpost weight for such an aero design:

forklifter

by forklifter

Only to consider if you need less setback I guess

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

naavt wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:09 am
forklifter wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:24 pm
Maybe some potential weight loss:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/354402902587?h ... R77cioqzYQ
Not that great I'm afraid! I've came surprised with the stock seatpost weight for such an aero design:

thanks for this - a few Qs
- aeropost 2 or 3 being weighed? cut/uncut?
-145g seat post alone + paraphanelia = 219g?

naavt

by naavt

rudye9mr wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:47 am

thanks for this - a few Qs

- aeropost 2 or 3 being weighed? cut/uncut?

R: Aeropost 3 - Uncut

-145g seat post alone + paraphanelia = 219g?

R: That's right. The heaviest thing here is the hardware by comparison.

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

hmm....wondering if anyone can 3D print hardware in titanium...

naavt

by naavt

rudye9mr wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:04 pm
hmm....wondering if anyone can 3D print hardware in titanium...
If you find someone let me know ;)

Lina

by Lina

naavt wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:31 pm
Manage to find a Token one on an Italian bike store. Campy SR CULT bearings are known for having dragging seals. I'm thinking on fitting the C-Bear ones on the Token unit. Let's hope they fit.
Bearings have seals for a reason. Especially in dirty environments, which bottom brackets definitely are. Even if the bike is only ridden in dry conditions. And the seal drag on bearings is so small that it's completely negligible. Sure the bearing won't spin freely when you spin it, but that doesn't mean it's robbing you of watts. And after some use the bearing with good seals will be rolling better than the one that's been ground up with dirt in there because it has no seals.

naavt

by naavt

Lina wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:50 pm
naavt wrote:
Bearings have seals for a reason. Especially in dirty environments, which bottom brackets definitely are. Even if the bike is only ridden in dry conditions. And the seal drag on bearings is so small that it's completely negligible. Sure the bearing won't spin freely when you spin it, but that doesn't mean it's robbing you of watts. And after some use the bearing with good seals will be rolling better than the one that's been ground up with dirt in there because it has no seals.
C-Bear bearings have seals. They just don't drag as much and are known to be easier spinning than CULT ones.

Lina

by Lina

naavt wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:06 pm
Lina wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:50 pm
naavt wrote:
C-Bear bearings have seals. They just don't drag as much and are known to be easier spinning than CULT ones.
Seals that don't drag as much have less protection. And no, the CULT bearing seals will not steal you of watts compared to other sealed bearings. Spinning bearings when they're not under load is completely irrelevant to how they'll perform under load. At most you'll notice if something is really wrong in the setup when it doesn't want to spin at all. And in those conditions a bearing with less sealing or no seals is going to seem like it spins forever. But under load while you're pedaling the difference is so small that unless you're in a TT race where every single watt matters it's not worth it. And you'll need new bearings for every race if you want that marginal gain. But there is a downside to less sealed bearings, which is that they get worn much faster as dirt gets into the bearing and eats it. So while it might be marginally, and the margin is really small, faster out of the package it will be slower after a few weeks of riding.

Unless you're prepared to change the bearings often then you'll most likely get better performance on average from the more sealed bearings. Especially since the CULT bearings are quite good and last forever. In part thanks to the seals.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

naavt

by naavt

My bike is finally on the assembling line as I write these words :)

Became aware that the frame interface mounting plate is only adapted for Di2, not EPS. For the time being the mechanic screwed the EPS plate on top of the mounting plate, but in the long run I would like to "clean" that up.

Do you guys know if Look makes a frame mounting plate specific for EPS?