Look 795 Blade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

naavt

by naavt

Leon wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 10:02 am
Are there Campy SR EPS users here? And if I may ask, which interface did you use for the Blade to integrate it into the downtube? It seems like the Campy one for the downtube is too big and I would need the interface for the handlebar.
I have the downtube interface and it fits fine. It's just an hassle to find a baseplate for it. I'm designinging one to 3D print.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Leon

by Leon

Oh, I read a few pages back just now. I see your post on the interface. So, I understand what you did. Therefore my question. The handlebar interface is the same size as the di2 junction. So I think that will be a better fit. Didn't you try that?

Can you share a picture of your current solution?

And other question: did you mount the battery in the seatpost or inside the frame at the bottle cage on the seat tube?
Ride bikes, not tanks!

naavt

by naavt

Leon wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 1:42 pm
Oh, I read a few pages back just now. I see your post on the interface. So, I understand what you did. Therefore my question. The handlebar interface is the same size as the di2 junction. So I think that will be a better fit. Didn't you try that?
As I told in a previous post, I find it to be much more exposed on the handlebar. I also find it easier to access the charging port on the frame, but I assume this to be a personal preference. Beyond that I'm using Muc-Off Stealth Tubeless Puncture Plugs on the bar ends.

You can install this exact same interface on the handlebar tough. You just have to buy the extra cable set to do that.
Leon wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 1:42 pm
Can you share a picture of your current solution?

And other question: did you mount the battery in the seatpost or inside the frame at the bottle cage on the seat tube?
I've assembled the battery in the seatpost. For now, the only way to fit the interface in the frame is this awful solution which I'm working to solve by designing a plate for the EPS interface.

I've phoned some guys in the US since they have that plate already, but can't find anyone on the phone! https://www.twohubs.com/Product/accesso ... FurYuzMLOQ

Picture attached :thumbup:

Leon

by Leon

I see we didn't understand each other. I'm not looking to mount the interface in the bar. I want to install the handlebar interface in the downtube. Because I think that will fit in the existing mount.

Anyhow, thank you for the pic. I think I need to order the interface and try myself. If it doesn't work I can return it.

I also saw the cover made by twohubs. That could be an option.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

iankovski

by iankovski

Where I can find the O7 oversized bracket to the seatpost that I can use oval rail saddles?

Also the top tube lid to close the hole for mechanical shiftting?

I'll also post about the BB soap opera but later.

naavt

by naavt

iankovski wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 8:59 am
Where I can find the O7 oversized bracket to the seatpost that I can use oval rail saddles?

I have oval rails and the stock bracket do just fine.

iankovski

by iankovski

naavt wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 10:23 am
iankovski wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 8:59 am

I have oval rails and the stock bracket do just fine.
Really? I was reading that the top/bottom clamp works fine but was afraid after reading the manual where they recommend different. Only thing is that I am trying to install a 7x10mm (Fizik Aliante) and the bottom bracket is not going into, I think because of the wrap around the rails. What's yours? Should I remove the wrap?

naavt

by naavt

iankovski wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 2:04 pm

Really? I was reading that the top/bottom clamp works fine but was afraid after reading the manual where they recommend different. Only thing is that I am trying to install a 7x10mm (Fizik Aliante) and the bottom bracket is not going into, I think because of the wrap around the rails. What's yours? Should I remove the wrap?
I'm not quite getting what's worring you. This is a basic sandwich clamping system. I have a bunch of carbon Fizik saddles (that I have to sell since they are gathering dust), and they all fit fine including the rail wrap.

iankovski

by iankovski

naavt wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 4:06 pm
iankovski wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 2:04 pm

I'm not quite getting what's worring you. This is a basic sandwich clamping system. I have a bunch of carbon Fizik saddles (that I have to sell since they are gathering dust), and they all fit fine including the rail wrap.

Hey pal. Spent more than 1 hour today to finally put the saddle into the brackets. Problem is that the Aeropost 2 clamp are so bad designed that with a 7x9 (or 10 maybe) like the Fizik carbon rails, you're not able to fit the bottom flanges into the hole. The only way to fit a bigger rail is with the oversized upper bracket.

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Frame (Aeropost2) came with two different upper clamps
-one for round rails
-one for oval rails

Fig 14 of manual
7-1 and
7-2

Not sure if that helps.

naavt

by naavt

iankovski wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 11:55 pm
Hey pal. Spent more than 1 hour today to finally put the saddle into the brackets. Problem is that the Aeropost 2 clamp are so bad designed that with a 7x9 (or 10 maybe) like the Fizik carbon rails, you're not able to fit the bottom flanges into the hole. The only way to fit a bigger rail is with the oversized upper bracket.
Oh! I was thinking that you're mentioning the aeropost 3. My bad!

iankovski

by iankovski

rudye9mr wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 1:46 am
Frame (Aeropost2) came with two different upper clamps
-one for round rails
-one for oval rails

Fig 14 of manual
7-1 and
7-2

Not sure if that helps.
Yep, I know but I missed mine. That's what I asked previously, where I can buy a spare one.
naavt wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 7:38 am
iankovski wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 11:55 pm
Oh! I was thinking that you're mentioning the aeropost 3. My bad!
No worries, mate.

iankovski

by iankovski

Guys, just received the oversized seatpost upper bracket yesterday and it simply doesn't fit with the Fizik (7x9 braided carbon) oval rails. No way. The bottom clamps do not fits in the bottom bracket part and the screw is not long enough to connect both parts. After this bothering parts with spare parts and proprietaries I've decided I'll jump this boat as soon as I can and NEVER buy any Look product anymore.

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Screenshot_20230526-060544~2.png
Screw circled in red?

Leon

by Leon

What is that nowadays that if something doesn't work out that people start threathing never to buy a brand anymore..... :noidea:

Why don't you buy an aeropost 3 and save some weight in the process?
Ride bikes, not tanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com