Look 795 Blade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

naavt

by naavt

MJN76 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:25 pm
First time poster here. Have been following the integrated handlebar discussion with some interest, as Naavt has demonstrated it is do-able & thought I would share some images from my project. Can go into more detail if anyone is interested, let me know.

To answer the question about whether any bars will work you need to go for a pair that segregate the hoses from the actual steerer tube. My C64 has a Deda Alanera integrated bars & they won’t work because the hoses are routed directly into the fork steerer...
Hi there,

I've looked into Vision ACR spacers and they admit the cables through the front of the spacer. Look admits cables through the sides. Can you specify how you redirect the cables from the front to the sides? From my picture you can tell that there's no space to do that when the fork steerer is in place.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

naavt

by naavt

double post

SLH

by SLH

Has anyone managed to attach a Garmin Varia to the Aeropost? Or have you tried the KOM attachment with success?
Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS
DT Swiss ARC 1100 Dicut 50

MJN76

by MJN76

naavt wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:50 am
MJN76 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:25 pm
First time poster here. Have been following the integrated handlebar discussion with some interest, as Naavt has demonstrated it is do-able & thought I would share some images from my project. Can go into more detail if anyone is interested, let me know.

To answer the question about whether any bars will work you need to go for a pair that segregate the hoses from the actual steerer tube. My C64 has a Deda Alanera integrated bars & they won’t work because the hoses are routed directly into the fork steerer...
Hi there,

I've looked into Vision ACR spacers and they admit the cables through the front of the spacer. Look admits cables through the sides. Can you specify how you redirect the cables from the front to the sides? From my picture you can tell that there's no space to do that when the fork steerer is in place.

So the hoses pass up through the compression ring as usual however I’ve got creative & cut out a moon shaped aperture in the centre of the junction spacer, hoses then feed straight into the metron. I’ve obv got not spacers yet if anything this could make the job a little easier for you as the hose transition from side to centre is less drastic compared to my set up. Guessing you will need to modify those spacers with a drill / craft knife or failing that perhaps go down the 3d printer route

MJN76

by MJN76

dvrider wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:14 am
Looks clean. How did you circumvent the proprietary steerer tube geometry?
As per Juicebox’s post I have also created some shims that slide down either side of the fork to create a circle, then the stem bolts can be torqued up. It’s rock solid – zero creaks & no play in the headset

GGDoomed

by GGDoomed

These handlebar hacks are great and they make the older gen 795 a very compelling project.
FINISHED : Cube Litening C:68X S

iankovski

by iankovski

After some problems with the SRAM + Quarq power meter I just bought a Dura Ace 9200 crank to use with the bike. What BB do you guys are using and can recommend? Thanks!

Kipedias

by Kipedias

iankovski wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:06 pm
After some problems with the SRAM + Quarq power meter I just bought a Dura Ace 9200 crank to use with the bike. What BB do you guys are using and can recommend? Thanks!
BBinfinite. Absolute perfection thus far - no creaking and it's v smooth

RDY

by RDY

GGDoomed wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:01 am
These handlebar hacks are great and they make the older gen 795 a very compelling project.
Seeing all this, did anyone finally test 32mm tires on an 'old' 795, or even 33mm cx tires?

req110

by req110

Latest gen 795 blade RS does not bring good advertising as yesterday rider had massive wobble at 100kmh and today broken handlebar.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

mrlobber

by mrlobber

req110 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:52 pm
Latest gen 795 blade RS does not bring good advertising as yesterday rider had massive wobble at 100kmh and today broken handlebar.
At which km/descent did that happen?

On the other hand, I think there are very very limited opportunities to test a bike as a total system behaviour at 100+ kmh.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

C36

by C36

req110 wrote:Latest gen 795 blade RS does not bring good advertising as yesterday rider had massive wobble at 100kmh and today broken handlebar.
Wobble happened when he stood up out of the saddle, leaving the bike floating between the legs, spectacular but nothing special.

Handlebar he crashed yesterday. We will soon know if it had been replaced or assessed it was not needed (and avoid the work on the housing).

req110

by req110

Wobble video https://www.instagram.com/stories/letou ... 527707716/

Understood, not sure how much is this issue of a frameset or not, but in our TDF show one of two commenters who was a former racer and now he also runs Colnago shop (Petr Bencik), mentioned that it may be due to nowadays trend to squeeze every single gram and maybe watt, making bikes prone to get wobbles from side wind.

He, as an Colnago reseller may be biased of course. It would not be a first time when I hear a "Italian classic brand reseller" (like bianchi and colnago) talking about bike properties, which you can't measure at all. The other guy was telling me how oltre xr4 is the best bike on the planet riding like on rails totally stable like no other bike... Statements which can't be proved by any means.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

Kubackjeee

by Kubackjeee

One guy on the TDF just broke the handlebar and had to replace the bike. I don't know if he crasher in the earlier part of the stage or not, but kinda looked ok. Then during the ride his handlebars right arm snaped
Scott addict rc
Specialized Diverge e5 comp 2019

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Kubackjeee wrote:One guy on the TDF just broke the handlebar and had to replace the bike. I don't know if he crasher in the earlier part of the stage or not, but kinda looked ok. Then during the ride his handlebars right arm snaped
Saw this as well. The feed I was watching did not allude to prior crash.
Never cheer before you know who is winning