Look 795 Blade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

naavt

by naavt

treyxt wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:31 pm
naavt wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:42 am
treyxt wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:51 pm
what handlebar/stem is that?
Integrated Yoeleo H9

https://www.yoeleobike.com/products/h9- ... -handlebar
Will any bar/stem work with integrating the cables?
Probably yes, in the event that you provide the changes I've also made.

You have to accommodate for the difference of the fork steerer (from rectangular to circular), and the spacers that have to receive all cables

naavt

by naavt

I've already decided and I'm going the lighter route. Installing an Easton EC90SL with P2Max SL PM. Trying to shed some weight.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to really light and stiff thru axles for this bike? I've seen many here on WW raving about J&Ls but I don't know if they are compatible with the 795.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

https://robertaxleproject.com/product/l ... d-release/

34g for the rear

you can go through the selector for the front.

the mavic speed release axles are not that much off this weight either.

If you do use a wheel on trainer - you can also find axles here.

naavt

by naavt

rudye9mr wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:47 am
https://robertaxleproject.com/product/l ... d-release/

34g for the rear

you can go through the selector for the front.

the mavic speed release axles are not that much off this weight either.

If you do use a wheel on trainer - you can also find axles here.
Thanks! Had the idea - wrongly I suppose - that I could shave some more grams on this swap alone, but it seems not :roll:

Renne

by Renne

naavt wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:51 pm
treyxt wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:31 pm
naavt wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:42 am
treyxt wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:51 pm
what handlebar/stem is that?
Integrated Yoeleo H9

https://www.yoeleobike.com/products/h9- ... -handlebar
Will any bar/stem work with integrating the cables?
Probably yes, in the event that you provide the changes I've also made.

You have to accommodate for the difference of the fork steerer (from rectangular to circular), and the spacers that have to receive all cables
Where did you get spacers for this?

naavt

by naavt

Renne wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:20 am

It's being designed.

It will be SLS printed, so perfectly smooth edges and NYLON PA12 materials used.

I can share the designers contact when its done for anyone with interest.

Pew

by Pew

^ I'm definately interested! I was thinking about this last year but durability was my no. 1 concern. A hollow plastic spacer just doesn't seem all that strong :noidea:

Renne

by Renne

naavt wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:08 pm
Renne wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:20 am

It's being designed.

It will be SLS printed, so perfectly smooth edges and NYLON PA12 materials used.

I can share the designers contact when its done for anyone with interest.
Could be interested!

iankovski

by iankovski

Hello everyone. If you remember, last year I posted here about some frame damage due to SRAM Red + Quarq DUB powermeter: Link to the post.

I "fixed" it changing the spacers. But I was not satisfied yet. This year I bought a torque wrench and dismount the crankset myself. What I've found was that the previous owner used a spacer bigger than recommended by Quarq/SRAM as you can find here: Link to the manual. Instead of 3.2mm on the non-drive side he put a 4mm spacer. Total mess.

So, I ordered the official SRAM spacers to finally mount it properly. I put the exact recommended above. 3.2mm + wave washer on NDS, 2.5mm + 2 0.5mm on DS. The powermeter was not rubbing but still very close to the frame. As suggested previously, I try to fix the scratches with some nail polish.

However, as this was the "prescribed" configuration I gave it a try and went out with it. In the very first ride, I got some rain and the dirty and debris started splashing over all the bike. Out of nowhere, I started hearing the powermeter rubbing again. I think it got some muck/dirty and since there's almost no room between the crank+powermeter and the frame it was enough to cause more damage.

As you can see in the pictures below, the "fixed" part with the nail polish was rubbed again.

The question I want to do is: Should I contact the Quarq/SRAM customer service and discuss this with them? To me, it's very clear that the powermeter isn't compatible with BB386 bottom brackets.

Other than that, is it possible, in the meanwhile, replacing the 2.5mm spacer on the DS with a 4.0mm spacer?

naavt

by naavt

I've sold my Campy NG P2Max crankset (which I absolutely loved), because of that :(

Went for PM pedals instead.

iankovski

by iankovski

naavt wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 10:51 pm
I've sold my Campy NG P2Max crankset (which I absolutely loved), because of that :(

Went for PM pedals instead.
There was no spacers enough to fit it in? I am probably taking the same solution. Got sick of this shit.

naavt

by naavt

iankovski wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 4:41 pm

There was no spacers enough to fit it in? I am probably taking the same solution. Got sick of this shit.
That's not anything you can do with spacers when the crankset axle doesn't have length enough to use spacers.

Campy cranksets (ultra torque ones), use a threaded bolt which unites both NDS and DS crank arm axles. The issue with spider PMs is that they have a smaller inner diameter than regular cranksets (due to the installation of the PM itself), and that's the part which rubs the BB area on this bike, which is huge, much beefier than all my other bikes.

The safe bet here is for you to install a regular crankset, since it has the space needed to clear the BB shell, and then opt for another kind of PM.

I was always running away from PM pedals, most because I'm a speedplay user and only recently (2 years or so), wahoo launch the first speedplay power pedal.

Until then I always was a very happy user of P2Max PM which I love. Nonetheless, I'm enjoying some of the newest foundly advantages of a PM pedal.

I now have the opportunity to have power on a rented bike when on vacation, since traveling with a set of pedals and install them on any rented bike is such an easy task.
Last edited by naavt on Sun May 07, 2023 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

naavt

by naavt

Double post

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

+1 for moving away from crankbased PM due to liklihood of frame rub...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Leon

by Leon

Are there Campy SR EPS users here? And if I may ask, which interface did you use for the Blade to integrate it into the downtube? It seems like the Campy one for the downtube is too big and I would need the interface for the handlebar.
Ride bikes, not tanks!