BMC TimeMachine Road 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

spdntrxi wrote:^. that's no brainer then.. 6400 for DA is a hell of a price. When the module came out it was $5499. Now it's 4499. and that is just frame, fork. stem, bars, saddle, seatpost
Sorry for asking, but what is the „Module“?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

frame, fork, stem, bars,saddle,seatpost
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

nulldreiundreissig wrote:
spdntrxi wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:49 pm
yes it is heavy.. I'm currently around 7.4-7.5kg depending on what wheels are on it. Stem/seatpost/water bottle holder and snack box add a bit much to the overall weight. Really wish they would make new bottle holders with less material like the new SLR01 cages, which have lattace style support instead of being solid. I'm actually using the SLR01 cages right now, it's not pretty but I dont think I'm losing much. I might just use a fidlock bottle for the seattube as with a 47cm frame I dont have alot of room for tall bottles and fidlock rotate in/out.

waiting for Darimo to make a seatpost is my ultimate wish. Figure that was lose 100g.
Yeah I can imiagine how narrow things will be with a 47 frame. I really enjoyed the snack box and integrated bottles cages though. It just looked really clean and will be a nice and aero solution for everyone that is not UCI sanctioned. On the other hand, it really looks stupid with the snack box removed.

The looks are certainly spectacular and it was getting attention everywhere I went. Either way, I won't complain about a team bike that i managed to sell at cost.
IMG_3454.jpeg
Have you considered getting the outgoing venge? It may be the best of both worlds. There are some really nice deals here, because everyone want's the new SL7
Did you sell yours? So you would recommend the bike ?
Never been on an aero bike, was riding a Canyon Ultimate CF and a Caad so far...
Wanted to give the Aeroad a try, but because of the seatgate, I will send it back

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

Ferdi77 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:37 am
spdntrxi wrote:
yes it is heavy.. I'm currently around 7.4-7.5kg depending on what wheels are on it. Stem/seatpost/water bottle holder and snack box add a bit much to the overall weight. Really wish they would make new bottle holders with less material like the new SLR01 cages, which have lattace style support instead of being solid. I'm actually using the SLR01 cages right now, it's not pretty but I dont think I'm losing much. I might just use a fidlock bottle for the seattube as with a 47cm frame I dont have alot of room for tall bottles and fidlock rotate in/out.

waiting for Darimo to make a seatpost is my ultimate wish. Figure that was lose 100g.
Yeah I can imiagine how narrow things will be with a 47 frame. I really enjoyed the snack box and integrated bottles cages though. It just looked really clean and will be a nice and aero solution for everyone that is not UCI sanctioned. On the other hand, it really looks stupid with the snack box removed.

The looks are certainly spectacular and it was getting attention everywhere I went. Either way, I won't complain about a team bike that i managed to sell at cost.

IMG_3454.jpeg

Have you considered getting the outgoing venge? It may be the best of both worlds. There are some really nice deals here, because everyone want's the new SL7
Never been on an aero bike, was riding a Canyon Ultimate CF and a Caad so far...
Wanted to give the Aeroad a try, but because of the seatgate, I will send it back

Yes, I have sold mine. I already had an SL6 Disc at home that I liked really much and got the TMR as a teambike. Ultimately I couldn't justify keeping two bikes at this price level and took decision to sell the TMR, because the Tarmac suited my kind of riding more than the TMR. That said, I'm a 61kg guy that excels on punchy hills, who can hover arround the peloton at other times.

Other than that, TMR a great bike. Fast, decent comfort, a looker and really performant, especially when specced well. Try to get a testride on a TMR if you can and really think through your fit / spec. because those cockpits are a major PITA when you have to recable. Depending on the modell year the Dura Ace modell should come with much nicer wheels than my TMR01 Four, so that should also help in crosswinds.

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

Ferdi77 wrote:
spdntrxi wrote:

IMG_3454.jpeg

Yes, I have sold mine. I already had an SL6 Disc at home that I liked really much and got the TMR as a teambike. Ultimately I couldn't justify keeping two bikes at this price level and took decision to sell the TMR, because the Tarmac suited my kind of riding more than the TMR. That said, I'm a 61kg guy that excels on punchy hills, who can hover arround the peloton at other times.

Other than that, TMR a great bike. Fast, decent comfort, a looker and really performant, especially when specced well. Try to get a testride on a TMR if you can and really think through your fit / spec. because those cockpits are a major PITA when you have to recable. Depending on the modell year the Dura Ace modell should come with much nicer wheels than my TMR01 Four, so that should also help in crosswinds.
Thanks for the information. It’s the 2020 DA Modell with mavic comete pro Carbon wheels...

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

Ferdi77 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:01 pm
Ferdi77 wrote:

IMG_3454.jpeg

Thanks for the information. It’s the 2020 DA Modell with mavic comete pro Carbon wheels...

Given your previous bikes, you're already used to a racy geometries, at least in terms of stack and reach. Take your current setup as a baseline and try to negotiate the stem / bars with the shop, if you need to. Replacement Stems / bars are extremely expensive and availability may not ve given at any time. If you get the fit right, there's no reason why you shouldn't like the bike.I don't know the wheels from personal experience, but 6400 EUR for a full DA build is a really good price either way.

Hinloopen

by Hinloopen

I thought you guys and gals at Weightweenies might like these sketches I did for the marketing team last year :) they were done to show the shape integration of the aero-module within the rest of the frame module. I 3d-modeled the shape of the downtube and the storage box + bottle cage fairings with a single shared surface, which is why the transition between the parts is so smooth! One might ask: isn't this setup slower than the average aero bike if no one is running bottles? Fractionally, perhaps. But it was 100% designed with a peloton-scenario in mind. And it's silly to put a round bottle behind a razor thin downtube. Hope you enjoy the visuals!

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Design only available on the timemachine?

Hinloopen

by Hinloopen

rudye9mr wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:11 pm
Design only available on the timemachine?
Not entirely, no. We've taken the principles of the Timemachine Road and translated it into a fitting solution for the new Teammachine SLR. It's the exact same principles, but executed a bit less extreme, to prevent weight penalties. But it also has a downtube that works together with the bottles and bottle cages. You can find out more about the system here:

https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/intl_en ... technology

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Can't express enough how thankful i am for your responses on design philosophy for BMC range...

WeekendWarrior

by WeekendWarrior

Hi bmc timemachine road owner, would you remove the aero module storage box for lighter weight or keep it for aero advantage(not sure how much watt saving though)

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

WeekendWarrior wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:05 am
Hi bmc timemachine road owner, would you remove the aero module storage box for lighter weight or keep it for aero advantage(not sure how much watt saving though)
I often do as I have a small frame and large capacity bottles are an issue on the seat tube holder. If I compare minus the storage box versus my seatpack, I save about 40g with my seat pack.

Watt saving or not saving, I have no ideal. Probably not enough to worry about with alot of dirty air with rotating feet anyways.

gzon

by gzon

The Timemachine Road would be even better if it could llose 500g. The stem and seatpost could definitely be made lighter I believe. The module and bottle cages as well.

gzon

by gzon

The Timemachine Road would be even better if it could loose 500g. The stem and seatpost could definitely be made lighter I believe. The module and bottle cages as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

gzon wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:49 pm
The Timemachine Road would be even better if it could loose 500g. The stem and seatpost could definitely be made lighter I believe. The module and bottle cages as well.

I dont know if 500g is possible with those items, but I feel 200-300g is. Darimo says this year for a seatpost. As for bar and stem not likely to happen. The cages could have been more hollowed out like the new teammachine cages.