Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

charirider

by charirider

TobyLangstone wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:35 pm
I bought the nexum drag (reinforced 100kg plus version), carefully torqued it to spec and then pushed on the bars only to hear a little crack. It cracked between the clamp bolts.
Darimo said it was unusual and quickly agreed to warranty replace them. However I'm having some safety concerns. For context 85kg and racing.
Has anyone pushed these bars and feel they're safe enough for racing? Hoping for a confidence boost 😬IMG_2756.jpeg
If you are racing, buy what people are racing on.
Vision Metron 5D EVO. 100 g heavier but you will not have any issues with that, I promise.
Darimo is for the bling, not for racing!
2018 Cannondale SuperSix EVO gen2 rim size 56 (raw stripped) 6.8kg
2014 Bridgestone Anchor CX6 Equipe 105 size 55 (cyclocross) 9.6kg

ry5n

by ry5n

Reporting back on my saddle rail. Apparently it’s not a crack or delamination in my case, just wonky layup in one of the rails. At the very least I’ll order the Gelu cradle, but may go back to the stock seatpost anyway.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Scott2017

by Scott2017

Changing the subject a bit here, anyone heard any updates on the Darimo crankset, is that still coming?

OtterSpace

by OtterSpace

Scott2017 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:24 am
Changing the subject a bit here, anyone heard any updates on the Darimo crankset, is that still coming?
The only time I saw anything on it was over a year ago during last years sea otter. Speculation was it was somewhere around 300g. SRAM red E1 is directly in that ballpark so I dont see any value in a Darimo product at 300g or more. Plus they have bigger scale up items to deal with another product would only compound issues.

Scott2017

by Scott2017

OtterSpace wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:01 am
Scott2017 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:24 am
The only time I saw anything on it was over a year ago during last years sea otter. Speculation was it was somewhere around 300g. SRAM red E1 is directly in that ballpark so I dont see any value in a Darimo product at 300g or more. Plus they have bigger scale up items to deal with another product would only compound issues.
Too bad, had high hopes for that one. I'm dealing with BB90 and supposedly that was going to fit, and have a pm. Not a lot of options elsewise, SRAM Red 22 is light but the GXP version isn't.

Sportastic

by Sportastic

C36 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:45 am
ry5n wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:22 pm
I asked because I’ve been running a Darimo T1 (with carbon yokes, not the dyneema loops) for a few months with a Selle Italia C59 saddle. I now have what looks like a hairline crack in one rail.

There’s a carbon repair shop in town who I trust; I’ll have them take a look at the rail tomorrow. If it’s damaged, I’ll likely go back to my stock post. Is the rocker diameter generally standard for 27.2 seat posts? If it is the Gelu system should save me some of the difference.
Sharing my experience with 3 Darimo seatpost (with the loops) after using Schmolke, AX and MCKF. I broke few rails over the years (and yokes... and tubes) and all happened with metallic yokes, I find the loops to offer a better fit with the rails over hokes that do not adjust to the exact curvature of the rail and create stress points.
The Gelu cradle is longer than the usual ones rather than the Darimo unusually short (It is the same length than the previous ones) and on this particular case I would point out more a Gelu limitation due to their design (lighter rails but need more cradle support).
In my case I have chosen k4 instead of k3 because of the reinforcement... when thinking about setting up with t1 loop

PedaleurPat

by PedaleurPat

ryanw wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 10:36 am
pdlpsher1 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 5:49 pm
ryanw wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:10 pm
Should be ready to launch in about 4-8 weeks.
I don't want to give a solid date to get hopes up, but we're nearly there.
One more round of testing (my 90kg lump trying to break it), and then will go into full production.
I hope the design doesn't skimp materials on the horizontal yokes. I've broken two Darimo yokes, both the front ones where the hole is bigger than the rear one. It was no fun having to ride 10mi. out of the saddle on one occasion and 3mi. (all climbing) on another occasion.
There shall be some steel hardware to make sure this is robust and fit for purpose, yet still light, and most importantly, looks the sh*t...
Hey Rhino! Some updates on the seatpost?

TobyLangstone

by TobyLangstone

Knedragon27 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:54 pm
TobyLangstone wrote:
I bought the nexum drag (reinforced 100kg plus version), carefully torqued it to spec and then pushed on the bars only to hear a little crack. It cracked between the clamp bolts.
Darimo said it was unusual and quickly agreed to warranty replace them. However I'm having some safety concerns. For context 85kg and racing.
Has anyone pushed these bars and feel they're safe enough for racing? Hoping for a confidence boost 😬
Why would you race with that bar ? Just asking?
Not many options that are integrated 36-130 with flare. Roval would be my top choice but they don't do any useful sizes, Enve cockpit has never been released and is likely be £1400.. EXS bar always seems to be out of stock etc etc

Sander7721

by Sander7721

TobyLangstone wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:33 am
Knedragon27 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:54 pm
TobyLangstone wrote:
Has anyone pushed these bars and feel they're safe enough for racing? Hoping for a confidence boost 😬
Why would you race with that bar ? Just asking?
Not many options that are integrated 36-130 with flare. Roval would be my top choice but they don't do any useful sizes, Enve cockpit has never been released and is likely be £1400.. EXS bar always seems to be out of stock etc etc
Sahme about the bars, I hover around 85kgs lol i dont think I would bother with the Darimo bars, I run Rapides but I can see the issue with sizing for some but I have confidence in the bars strength so no doubts. EXS obvi0usly cannot keep up with demand they post stock update on there Insta Stories but you would have to keep looking at you Insta every 5mins not to miss out.
Only other option maybe is the Avian Falcon Bars https://avians.cc/products/avian-falcon ... 8433027146 there 280grams but IMO there not the prettiest but they have 360/130
The soon to be release THM frontale aero are looking tempting but Im sure you will need 1299 euro and sit around for 12 weeks though and size options are crap lol https://www.thm.bike/en/combobar/fronta ... &results=3
Last edited by Sander7721 on Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SL8 Maganta 54CM 6kgs
Winspace SLC 2.0

Sander7721

by Sander7721

And Gemini also have something in the pipeline!
https://ridegemini.com/en/
Although I dont see it being cheap cheap!
SL8 Maganta 54CM 6kgs
Winspace SLC 2.0

mikehhhhhhh

by mikehhhhhhh

Anyone have thoughts on this moulding line down the middle of my post, it's subtle but I'm starting to think that's looking like it's cracked
IMG_5047.jpeg
IMG_5045.jpeg

Aryeh

by Aryeh

mikehhhhhhh wrote:Anyone have thoughts on this moulding line down the middle of my post, it's subtle but I'm starting to think that's looking like it's cracked
IMG_5047.jpeg
IMG_5045.jpeg
Mine has a line in the same spot. I'm not worried about itImage

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk