Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bilwit

by bilwit

taking them forever to get a -12 degree nexum drag available :cry:

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

They'll be a new SL8 lightweight post coming to the market very soon. Just finalising clamp design.

I've helped the company design these, so you can rest assured they won't be sh*t.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mikehhhhhhh

by mikehhhhhhh

ryanw wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:16 am
They'll be a new SL8 lightweight post coming to the market very soon. Just finalising clamp design.

I've helped the company design these, so you can rest assured they won't be sh*t.
How soon? I'm in a position where R2 are offering to let me cancel, despite the item being made to order.

Turrifik

by Turrifik

mikehhhhhhh wrote:
ryanw wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:16 am

How soon? I'm in a position where R2 are offering to let me cancel, despite the item being made to order.
I’m in exactly the same boat. Can cancel my R2 order. Would be glad to pre-order :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Should be ready to launch in about 4-8 weeks.
I don't want to give a solid date to get hopes up, but we're nearly there.
One more round of testing (my 90kg lump trying to break it), and then will go into full production.

C36

by C36

refthimos wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 7:51 pm
My Nexum Drag arrived yesterday, so 26 weeks + 1 day from order date.

291g in 40/130, 6deg flare, UD, with the "reinforced" option. So only a 97g savings over the Momo bars, though the Drag is a bit longer (as intended). I do think the tops of the Drag will be more comfortable (for me at least) compared to the Momo.

From the "squeeze the drops" test, the Drag is flexier than the Momo. We'll see how it is on the road. Also will be curious to see how they did with the Evo4 adapter - that was the reason for the delay, as they did not have an EVO4 adapter in hand and had to source a stock adapter and then create a suitable adapter to match the Drag.
That is 25% gain (but starting from a quite heavy bar). When I compare to light options, I have my Farsports F1, first gen (lighter), sanded, smaller (38*110), and clearly not super stiff... and I am just bellow 290g on top of my head (+ the shim).
What is a shame is the irregular finish (is it particularly the UD finishes?). A friend recieved the 3k version and except around the clamp where it is a bit rougher (similar to what I had on a MCFK stem), all the rest of the bar is really clean, I need to see if I can get pictures before he installs it.

ribbo

by ribbo

Anyome aware of an alternative for a lighter, zero offset, Dogma F seatpost? Appears to be scarce from my research and the indefinite wait time from Darimo isn't exactly attractive.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

ryanw wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:10 pm
One more round of testing (my 90kg lump trying to break it), and then will go into full production.
I hope the design doesn't skimp materials on the horizontal yokes. I've broken two Darimo yokes, both the front ones where the hole is bigger than the rear one. It was no fun having to ride 10mi. out of the saddle on one occasion and 3mi. (all climbing) on another occasion.

otnemem

by otnemem

I've seen quite a lot of Darimo stuff full of voids but sadly (and despite clearly existing a market for it) there aren't any alternatives.

SL7 seatpost other than Chinese stuff? Lighter modern integrated aero bar?

C36

by C36

otnemem wrote:I've seen quite a lot of Darimo stuff full of voids but sadly (and despite clearly existing a market for it) there aren't any alternatives.

SL7 seatpost other than Chinese stuff? Lighter modern integrated aero bar?
To your answer, Gemini (Spanish brand out of Barcelona) will propose one seatpost, starting with the sl8, their parts are a bit heavier (if i compare their round seatpost with my Darimo ones) but finish is nicer and probably more consistent.

What you call “voids” are purely cosmetic and would disappear by adding a finish layer, then adding weight. It has been their decision not to go this route. On the seatpost a I haven’t seen any defect, on the bars some have those bubbles.
What annoys me more are the cuts made to pass housings or hold batteries that are not consistent with some poorly executed.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

I have a spare Darimo Setpost for Pinarello F Setback with 0 setback, build for rider of 95kg, and 400mm length. If you are Europe based....easy to post and sell. PM if interested.

ribbo wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 4:53 pm
Anyome aware of an alternative for a lighter, zero offset, Dogma F seatpost? Appears to be scarce from my research and the indefinite wait time from Darimo isn't exactly attractive.
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

my sl8 post failed quality control at darimo so i cancelled my order. maybe this new o r you designed is much better

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 5:49 pm
ryanw wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:10 pm
I hope the design doesn't skimp materials on the horizontal yokes. I've broken two Darimo yokes, both the front ones where the hole is bigger than the rear one. It was no fun having to ride 10mi. out of the saddle on one occasion and 3mi. (all climbing) on another occasion.
There shall be some steel hardware to make sure this is robust and fit for purpose, yet still light, and most importantly, looks the sh*t...

charirider

by charirider

Is standard SL8 roval seatpost cut to length with swapped hardware is so much heavier?
I got my Cannondale Save post from 192 to 130g cutting to length plus gelu hardware...
2018 Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2 rim size 56 (raw stripped) 6.8kg
2014 Bridgestone Anchor CX6 Equipe size 55 (cyclocross) 9.6kg

charirider

by charirider

jdecraene85 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:42 am
mrlobber wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:37 am
Here you have it, a multiple of them.
A bit exaggerated by the strong sunlight, but the green stuff isn't reflection of the grass...
Wow. That's absolutely horrible. For 850 euros... unbelievable.
No way I will ever consider ordering an integrated aerobar from Darimo now.
I recently received a reinforced Dogma F seatpost (my second one, the first 'normal one' was too flexy) and it seems certainly more than okay (not tested yet).
But this handlebar certainly didn't get the finish / workmanship you'd expect for that price. Urgh.
Who nees it now when new Metron 5D is released?
340g of stiffness aero perfextion proven with countless grand tour podiums!
And proper RD/testing.
And "raw" 3k finish.
And availability.
And much cheaper price

Or go chinese way... farsports, avian, etc
2018 Cannondale SuperSix EVO 2 rim size 56 (raw stripped) 6.8kg
2014 Bridgestone Anchor CX6 Equipe size 55 (cyclocross) 9.6kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com