Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

otnemem

by otnemem

partytaco wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 3:52 am
nickf wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:00 am
Try flipping the bar around. I believe one side has larger openings for the head of the bolt to fit.
That bar is fixed. I am also having the same issue with my new Darimo MTB seatpost. In order to get the saddle pitch the way I like it, the rear bolt has to be loosened to where it's only half inserted into the nut. I emailed them about a longer bolt but have not heard back.
That's not good.

Is it me or is Darimo slipping a lot in the last few months?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

partytaco wrote:
nickf wrote:
Try flipping the bar around. I believe one side has larger openings for the head of the bolt to fit.
That bar is fixed. I am also having the same issue with my new Darimo MTB seatpost. In order to get the saddle pitch the way I like it, the rear bolt has to be loosened to where it's only half inserted into the nut. I emailed them about a longer bolt but have not heard back.
Have you tried turning the seatpost the other direction (180 degree)?
The tilt of the rod looks like it's leaning in the wrong angle.
Anyway, that bolt, better pick something longer in the meanwhile, riding like that is dangerous.
Just get a stainless steel version in the meanwhile.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

MichaelK

by MichaelK

Looking at the photos, looks like both seatposts are in the correct orientation. Something else is wrong. Maybe Darimo changed their bolt supplier and didn't double check the new lengths? Not unheard of, I've caught a supplier trying to dime out on 1mm on bolts.

nickf

by nickf

partytaco wrote:
nickf wrote:
I just had a similar issue. The bar can't be removed but try spinning it around and insert the bolt through from the other direction. I got more threads and adjustments once spun it around.

partytaco

by partytaco

Can you please send a picture of what you mean? I don't see a way to flip the bolt around in any direction other than the way it is.

And yes, Darimo could use a lesson in customer service. After this experience waiting for almost 4 months for a seatpost that doesn't work and now having them not respond to emails, they have lost me as a customer. Strongly considering a fraud claim/pursuing a refund with my CC company.

Does anyone know the size of this bolt so I can find a longer replacement?
nickf wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:10 pm
partytaco wrote:
nickf wrote:

I just had a similar issue. The bar can't be removed but try spinning it around and insert the bolt through from the other direction. I got more threads and adjustments once spun it around.

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

partytaco wrote:Can you please send a picture of what you mean? I don't see a way to flip the bolt around in any direction other than the way it is.

And yes, Darimo could use a lesson in customer service. After this experience waiting for almost 4 months for a seatpost that doesn't work and now having them not respond to emails, they have lost me as a customer. Strongly considering a fraud claim/pursuing a refund with my CC company.

Does anyone know the size of this bolt so I can find a longer replacement?
nickf wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:10 pm
partytaco wrote:
nickf wrote:

I had luck with a follow up via Instagram. It prompted a response to my email but that was about a purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

whinefields

by whinefields

Their customer service certainly leaves much to be desired.

I tried rotating the bar around 180 degrees like a few suggested. It worked somewhat in that the screw is now just in the bolt, but it's still a far cry from the way the loops should look according to all the photographs both on this website and around the web. The problem is now that there is so little slack that it's almost impossible to adjust the seat angle properly. I've managed to do so but I have a feeling the tension on my front screw -- the one Darimo suggests using to adjust seat angle -- is far above 3nm.

I was thinking of ordering a set of M5 bolts from Fair Wheel Bikes in a 45mm length. That should do the trick, no?

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

whinefields wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 9:55 pm
I've had more success with Aliexpress customer service than Darimo.
Speedplay is the devil!

ArtV

by ArtV

whinefields wrote:

I tried rotating the bar around 180 degrees like a few suggested. It worked somewhat in that the screw is now just in the bolt, but it's still a far cry from the way the loops should look according to all the photographs both on this website and around the web. The problem is now that there is so little slack that it's almost impossible to adjust the seat angle properly. I've managed to do so but I have a feeling the tension on my front screw -- the one Darimo suggests using to adjust seat angle -- is far above 3nm.

I was thinking of ordering a set of M5 bolts from Fair Wheel Bikes in a 45mm length. That should do the trick, no?
I am probably wrong but it kind of looks like the hole through which the bar goes through is too low. Try measuring the distance between the hole and top of the post and let us know the distance.

velov

by velov

Are people, having similar QC and customer service issues with Schmolke, Ax Lightness, McFk, etc? Especially those who've bought both Darimo and the German brands in the past...

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

ArtV wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 11:49 pm
whinefields wrote:

I am probably wrong but it kind of looks like the hole through which the bar goes through is too low. Try measuring the distance between the hole and top of the post and let us know the distance.
This is what I was thinking as the bolts in my post have plenty of engagement into the nuts.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

Matte86

by Matte86

velov wrote:Are people, having similar QC and customer service issues with Schmolke, Ax Lightness, McFk, etc? Especially those who've bought both Darimo and the German brands in the past...
I haven’t bought from Darimo.. but with THM and SRM with THM cranks I had great experiences

C36

by C36

whinefields wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:03 am
Wondering if I could get a little help from the experts here.

For some reason, I feel like I'm messing up the installation of my T1 loop (I probably am). For the life of me, I cannot get either bolt down on the screw. The dyneema loops are simply too tight. My screws are at the end very of the nut. This doesn't seem right to me. For instance, in the installation video, it looks like you can screw the nuts at least halfway down. Not so with mine.
The loops are clearly too short, not sure if manufacturing problem or used for another type of seatpost
I see many advices but did you contacted Darimo? I would started there.

C36

by C36

velov wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 1:11 am
Are people, having similar QC and customer service issues with Schmolke, Ax Lightness, McFk, etc? Especially those who've bought both Darimo and the German brands in the past...
I stoppe using MCFK after they didn't backed-up their product failure and dragged their feet (now that was pre-covid... they can only have improved since then...), I had few issues with Ax but they were responsive. I had one issue with Darimo (the 4g seat-post clamp had a fiber that deliaminated over 6-7mm. Used it for 2 months without problem before I stop procastinate and contacted them) and got replacement part within a week.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

C36 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:03 am
velov wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 1:11 am
I stoppe using MCFK after they didn't backed-up their product failure and dragged their feet (now that was pre-covid... they can only have improved since then...), I had few issues with Ax but they were responsive. I had one issue with Darimo (the 4g seat-post clamp had a fiber that deliaminated over 6-7mm. Used it for 2 months without problem before I stop procastinate and contacted them) and got replacement part within a week.
Ax = good
MCFK = Not easy at all. Prepare to ask the shop you bought from (hope you did)
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com