Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Anyone who ever worked with carbon can tell that hole is made by a 3 yr old with grandpas old drill bit.

You would think that carbon masters as these brands actually would hand layup a hole to reinforce it. Just drilling a hole that big definitely weakens the bar and it is ugly made. I thought that was what you are paying for, or else how are they different from Chinese brands...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Maddie

by Maddie

It's a shame to see this on a bar/stem from Darimo. Like Eucalyptus said, it's obvious that they forgot to laminate the hole and added it after curing by simply drilling a hole. And with the dullest drill bit they had laying around...

RyanH

by RyanH

MeekMouse wrote:
Thanks, hadn't seen that these had come out. Hopefully they'll have a bit of flare as well, which Darimo doesn't do on their road bars.

Also, any chance you just sold an Aethos? :beerchug:
Yeah, were you the buyer? My go to bars are Specialized S Works Compact Women Bars since they flare 1cm and are very stiff. 38cm bars are 36 at the hoods and 38 at the drops. They generally weigh in around 170g or so. New ones are almost impossible to find lately but I have an older set I can sell if you're getting them refinished anyway (older ones have ugly logos).

Ryan

velov

by velov

Looking at the last few posts, Spain doesn't seem to be beating Germany.

MeekMouse

by MeekMouse

RyanH wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:06 pm
MeekMouse wrote:
Thanks, hadn't seen that these had come out. Hopefully they'll have a bit of flare as well, which Darimo doesn't do on their road bars.

Also, any chance you just sold an Aethos? :beerchug:
Yeah, were you the buyer? My go to bars are Specialized S Works Compact Women Bars since they flare 1cm and are very stiff. 38cm bars are 36 at the hoods and 38 at the drops. They generally weigh in around 170g or so. New ones are almost impossible to find lately but I have an older set I can sell if you're getting them refinished anyway (older ones have ugly logos).

Ryan
Yeah, small world!

I've just reached out to EXS Cycling to see when they'll have the R150 (also 1 cm flare) in stock again; 36 at the hoods is a bit too narrow for me, unfortunately.

Lucendi

by Lucendi

I finally recieved my replacement stem from Darimo promising no defects this time.

The fork clamp looks to be both delaminated and damaged by some type of cutting disc;

Darimo is not replying to emails, as usual...

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Lucendi wrote:I finally recieved my replacement stem from Darimo promising no defects this time.

The fork clamp looks to be both delaminated and damaged by some type of cutting disc;

Darimo is not replying to emails, as usual...
I doubt it reduces the strength from an eyeball judgment but man you have nothing but poor luck with them!

I bought their seatpost, stem and bars separately, had custom color decals, bar width (at that time no 38cm yet) and all 3 times they replied emails fast and everything went without a hitch. Image

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

mashiehood

by mashiehood

Wow there was me thinking about a darimo cockpit .... no thanks, I'll stay with the Germans

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

On Saturday, I had a little accident (entirely my fault) and lost one of the IX2 threaded barrels, rendering the bike unusable. The same day I messaged Darimo asking them to bill me for a replacement. Alexia replied on Monday promising to send the items tomorrow, and just now I received the parts, for free, four days in total. I had local deliveries taking longer. What a great customer support 👍
Attachments
PXL_20221011_114027167.jpg

MichaelK

by MichaelK

That's great customer service. For Lucendi, not so much. How can they be complete polar opposites?!

Lucendi

by Lucendi

MichaelK wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:07 pm
That's great customer service. For Lucendi, not so much. How can they be complete polar opposites?!
I got a reply yesterday. They said that "the stem is perfectly usable and only is an aesthetic mark". Would anyone be satisfied with this?

Anyways, they will make me yet another replacement stem for the replacement stem.

It has now been 4 months since I first placed the order (June 10th).

velomane

by velomane

Agreed, that's only cosmetic. Would I be happy with this? Not a chance. That stem belongs on the b-stock sales page. How did they think it was okay to send this out?

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

RyanH wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:03 pm
MeekMouse wrote:
IvanZg wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:02 pm
That's a defect for warranty claim. The issue I would have with this is QC related, If something this obvious is skipped how can you have any confidence in the end product?!
Yeah, I'm waiting for a response, but am considering going with an Extralite stem and Easton E100 bars (which unfortunately don't come in 38cm).
Look at the new Shimano Pro Vibe Super light as they come in 38cm and are in the 15Xg range
I'll stick with my Haero bars - 40 outside to outside work just as well as the 38 c-c.

I also gave up on Darimo a couple of years ago with a defective setback post. Fortunately dulight stepped up because darimo sure as hell wasn't going to.
Speedplay is the devil!

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Wow it appears in the pic that they didnt take the edge off the bar clamp portion. Should be some kind of relief on the circumference so that it doesnt bite into the handlebar.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

LMCuba

by LMCuba

Anyone had this problem? Awaiting response from Darimo but couldn't hurt to ask here. Saddle is SLR Boost Ti316.
Attachments
thumbnail_20221016_171451750_iOS.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com