Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

C36

by C36

Broke few yokes over the years. 2 schmolke, 1 ax (partial crack), deformed the 2 on a Woodman (their very light one) around the thread hole… so it may happen and all were quite heavier than Darimos products.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rafalkalwa

by rafalkalwa

Hi,

What is the size of computer mount bolts in Nexum Cocpit?

I don't like the dedicated computer mount for estetic reason so I am looking for other options like Silca integreted mount or Alipitude...

kode54

by kode54

mdeth1313 wrote:effeto mariposa torque wrench on all my bolts.
Most torque wrench have a variance + or -. I use a digital torque checker to see how off my wrenches are from 2nm to 10nm.

According to the checker, I’m off +.25nm on one of my torque wrenches so I adjust according and have been under torquing by .5Nm. So if a part requires 6Nm I usually torque to 5.5Nm or 5.25nm. Always under and never over the specified amount.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

C36

by C36

First hand experience on their post-sale customer service. A first in 4-5 years and it has been a nice experience for such a boutique brand.

The sub4 seat clamp had a small delamination, the "end" of the carbon strand used in the clamp debonded. I rode like this for 2 months and using x-mass break I contacted them.
- mailed them the 16th and sent pictures the 23rd December --> responded 26th Dec.
- I gave requested info the 5th Jan (delay on my end) --> parts were shipped 5 days later and received 5 days after.

They also added some new-color stickers for the seat-post in replacement of original ones, for a better matching they asked frame pictures, that was a nice touch.

nickf

by nickf

Advice needed. T1 loop post keeps loosening every couple of rides. It was fine for months, the past week or so the rear bolt keeps wanting to back out. I recently backed out the rear bolt enough to add some blue loctite. Today's ride I noticed the loops were a little soft, sure enough the bolt backed out a turn and a half. Thinking of adding a jam nut on either side of the barrel to keep things from moving. Suggestions?

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

[quote=nickf post_id=1785469 time=1673841802 user_id=15364]
Advice needed. T1 loop post keeps loosening every couple of rides. It was fine for months, the past week or so the rear bolt keeps wanting to back out. I recently backed out the rear bolt enough to add some blue loctite. Today's ride I noticed the loops were a little soft, sure enough the bolt backed out a turn and a half. Thinking of adding a jam nut on either side of the barrel to keep things from moving. Suggestions?
[/quote]

I had the same issue. Darimo told me to use some green Loctitie on it. Green is the least amount of holding power. Mine used to come loose every ride. I did a 3 hour ride on it Saturday and its still as tight as could be. My T1 Loop is on a fat bike so for me that is snow play and single track.

nickf

by nickf

Juanmoretime wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:14 pm
nickf wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:03 am
I had the same issue. Darimo told me to use some green Loctitie on it. Green is the least amount of holding power. Mine used to come loose every ride. I did a 3 hour ride on it Saturday and its still as tight as could be. My T1 Loop is on a fat bike so for me that is snow play and single track.
I went back and found the email where they recommended loctite 243. That's what I have been using. Just took everything apart, cleaned all the threads and barrels. Applied fresh 243, let's see if it holds. The t1 post on my gravel bike hasn't budged since I initially set it up more then a year ago.

C36

by C36

Worth checking it’s not your rails that cracked. When I had problems with a loose bolt it was the old round rails from my Berk saddle that were bending (with less than 4Nm).

No problem since then on the different seat post I owned but I might go the loctite path too so I don’t have to check it.

velov

by velov

Does anyone know it the cradle in the T2 seatpost can be flipped to go from 15mm setback to zero or more?

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

velov wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:28 am
Does anyone know it the cradle in the T2 seatpost can be flipped to go from 15mm setback to zero or more?
No, the T2 cradle is symmetrical.

velov

by velov

Thanks. Was hoping it was similar to this:

nickf

by nickf

Found the issue. Saddle kept coming loose after every ride. This was the front loop. Will swap back to the old style carbon parts for now. These are a little more then 2 years old. Will contact darimo and order some replacements. For such a boutique light weight part I'm not upset. Just glad I found it before it popped during a ride.
Attachments
20230207_161157.jpg
20230207_161208.jpg

jlok

by jlok

How much is the flare of the Nexum with flared drop? I wish there's something like 36cm hoods and 40cm drop...
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

dhernan592

by dhernan592

Would anyone know if Factor One framesets are an option? I know only the Ostro is offered

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aeo

by Aeo

Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14