Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Aryeh

by Aryeh

bratz wrote:Anyone knows how to contact Darimo apart from info@darimo.eu? Have emailed them to request a change for my seatpost order from 15mm to 0mm offset but havr not receive any reply.
Maybe Instagram. They usually reply faster there, but I'm not sure if they can make order changes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bratz

by bratz

Thanks Aryeh. I dont have instagram though

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

DeiviX wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:12 am
pdlpsher1 wrote:Does anyone have broken the round aluminum bars that hold the seatpost down? I've broken two already when riding, both times on the front one, the one without threading. Due to lack of threading the hole where the bolt go through is larger, hence there's less materials around the hole. On both times it broke at the hole. Two days ago I had to ride 16mi. on a windy day standing only. This really sucks. I was lucky not to crash when my saddle suddenly gave out both times, on two different bikes. I do have spare ones but this is still very annoying. When I first got my seatposts (I have two) I torqued the bolt to 4NM. Now I do much less, at 2NM, but I wonder if it's cycle-fatigue that causes the failure and not the 4NM torque. I weigh 60kg and easy on bike components. Please advise. Thanks.
I am very sorry for what happened, contact Darimo and they will send you a reinforced one.
Info@darimo.eu

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
@bratz I think this is someone who works within Darimo @DeiviX
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

DeiviX

by DeiviX

bratz wrote:Anyone knows how to contact Darimo apart from info@darimo.eu? Have emailed them to request a change for my seatpost order from 15mm to 0mm offset but have not receive any reply.
Hello, send me a private message with your order information, the changes you want to make and I will try to manage it.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

bratz

by bratz

Thanks @bikeboy1tr

@DeiviX has send a PM.

Thanks both for your help

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

As a UK supplier, I've given up with Darimo.

Quality is atrocious now, voids and bubbles in the layup, seatposts being shipped with even being drilled, or drilled in the wrong position.

I've had 9 Tarmac SL8 posts from them, and every single one has needed chopping or drilling.

Such a shame since a couple of years ago their QC was much better and they actually replied to emails.

Thankfully Gemini shall be starting production on lightweight road components in the next couple of months, so they shall be my go-to for my builds.

And please don't think I'm being picky, I've been as fair as I can be with thousands of pounds worth of components I've purchased from them over the past 3 years. But enough is enough.

I wish them all the best and that they can turn their ship around, because if they don't, as many global suppliers have testified to myself, they'll be out of business in the not too distant future.
Attachments
IMG_4277.jpeg
IMG_4278.jpeg
IMG_4279.jpeg
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

bratz

by bratz

Unsettling to hear. I ordered an SL8 post

@ryanw what chopping and drilling were required for your customer poats?
Last edited by bratz on Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aryeh

by Aryeh

bratz wrote:Unsettling to hear. I ordered an SL8 postImage
Same although I'm running SRAM so at least I don't have to worry about the battery mounting problem.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

bratz wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:16 pm
Unsettling to hear. I ordered an SL8 postImage

@ryanw what chopping and drilling were required for your customer poats?
Some posts have arrived without any holes, so I've had to drill myself.
Others have holes off centre, and incorrect heights, so the Di2 battery holder won't fit. Meaning I've had to spend time and effort cutting / redrilling posts.

Just not good enough for the consumer.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

bratz

by bratz

Thanks for your info. Hope the production of SL8 post gets better and I would not have to do that.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Amazing - so many darimo fails - I was 2-3 years ahead of the curve on that. Bolts breaking on setback posts - holes drilled at the wrong angle - broken yokes. Where are all the darimo defenders now?
Speedplay is the devil!

Attermann

by Attermann

mdeth1313 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:09 pm
Amazing - so many darimo fails - I was 2-3 years ahead of the curve on that. Bolts breaking on setback posts - holes drilled at the wrong angle - broken yokes. Where are all the darimo defenders now?
do you know how many failed?

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Attermann wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:34 am
mdeth1313 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:09 pm
do you know how many failed?
-

They're back!

The simple answer is -- too many. Read the recent posts - quality control has gone to crap, customer service and standing by your product has gotten worse (than it already was).

Darimo should be labeled PAYOR - Purchase at your own risk.
Speedplay is the devil!

Attermann

by Attermann

Who's back? You say it like everything you read here is the absolute truth, but I will give you that what Ryan says doesn't make them look good, I have only bought from them in 2020, so I don't how they are today, it seems like their responsiveness and costumer service has taken a dive.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Yes - the quality has been hit or miss since day 1.
Speedplay is the devil!