Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

polpy

by polpy

cyclespeed wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:22 pm
nunokas wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:05 pm
mickmania wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:58 am
GT3RS wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:20 pm
Despite your misgivings about the sturdiness of the Nexum drag bar (I'm 63kg) I ordered and paid for one as well as a seatpost for my dogma on October the 24th last year. So far not a word from Darimo about delivery, imagine my delight when I opened this link and saw the exact bar I ordered in stock at R2. When Spain beats Germany my arse.
Same for me & I ordered first week of November. Was told 6 weeks and now I'm at 18 weeks with no updates at all. Obviously Darimo lies about estimated delivery times when I placed the order, they know how many orders they need to fulfill and how long it takes to create and send per bar.
But again that's what you get with a Spanish company, they are known for being lazy workers.
That's a damn fine level of bigotry here.
Not really, but 'lazy' isn't the right word. I have now lived and worked in Spain for 6 years and I love the people and the country. But where they fall down is customer service. It just is not like other countries.
It's not 'the customer is always right' here, it's 'we're always right, and tough s&*t if you don't like it.

I had some Assos shorts rip at the crotch after 1 ride. The LBS gave me a very hard time over it, but after 2 months I got a replacement. These also ripped after 1 ride (I've had like 30 cycle shorts over 20 years and all been fine). This time they basically told me to take a running jump. It was my fault / problem.

I had some American friends here give up and go back home because they couldn't handle it. I think my company does well because we DO offer good customer service.

It's a shame because at the prices they charge, they should be able to offer great customer service, but also invest and expand production. I don't have much confidence in ordering from them, not knowing when it would arrive.
Could 1:1 happen here in Germany if iam honest. This has nothing to do with spain but more with modern customer service in general. Everybody is overworked and gets too little pay. Everyone is just doing the bare minimum.

RDY

by RDY

polpy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:53 pm
cyclespeed wrote:
nunokas wrote:
mickmania wrote:

Same for me & I ordered first week of November. Was told 6 weeks and now I'm at 18 weeks with no updates at all. Obviously Darimo lies about estimated delivery times when I placed the order, they know how many orders they need to fulfill and how long it takes to create and send per bar.
But again that's what you get with a Spanish company, they are known for being lazy workers.
Not really, but 'lazy' isn't the right word. I have now lived and worked in Spain for 6 years and I love the people and the country. But where they fall down is customer service. It just is not like other countries.
It's not 'the customer is always right' here, it's 'we're always right, and tough s&*t if you don't like it.

I had some Assos shorts rip at the crotch after 1 ride. The LBS gave me a very hard time over it, but after 2 months I got a replacement. These also ripped after 1 ride (I've had like 30 cycle shorts over 20 years and all been fine). This time they basically told me to take a running jump. It was my fault / problem.

I had some American friends here give up and go back home because they couldn't handle it. I think my company does well because we DO offer good customer service.

It's a shame because at the prices they charge, they should be able to offer great customer service, but also invest and expand production. I don't have much confidence in ordering from them, not knowing when it would arrive.
Could 1:1 happen here in Germany if iam honest. This has nothing to do with spain but more with modern customer service in general. Everybody is overworked and gets too little pay. Everyone is just doing the bare minimum.
With that attitude commercial suicide is often eventually the result. But when the customer service are also the owners and operators of the business, as in this case, you'd think they'd be more cognizant of it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EtoDemerzel

by EtoDemerzel

Good customer service is a skill. Owners and operators are sometimes the worst at it.
Service is an intentional product companies offer as part of their brand. Good service is trained and a focus of brands that value this aspect of business.

OtterSpace

by OtterSpace

In addition to customer service challenges it seems to me like they over expanded their offerings and can't keep up with orders in a timely fashion.

Even though the drag handlebar is now listed on R2 it likely will take months of waiting to receive it if you order from R2. I ordered a SL6 seatpost from R2 at the end of November, the quoted manufacturing time came and went, and I expect to receive it finally tomorrow, and thats a comparatively simple and understood design.

Come to think of it I dont think I've seen any end user post pictures of the drag on their bike yet so order at your own risk.

I wouldn't want to be in the first round of orders for any of their products anymore given the expanding list of complaints in the past year and I own something like 5 Darimo parts*.

I also no longer order direct and always use R2 as an intermediary now all of which is a shame.

* (1/5): 36mm handlebar. No issues other than stifness which was expected.
* (2/5): 27.2 T1 loop seatpost on my Izalco Max. No issues.
* (3/5): 25.4 T1 loop seatpost on my Paralane. No issues.
* (4/5): IX2 Stem. Interface with sterrer tube was tight. After investigating the hole is slightly oval and required additional sanding.
* (5/5): SL6 T1 loop seatpost. Yet to receive.

kode54

by kode54

polpy wrote:
cyclespeed wrote:
nunokas wrote:
mickmania wrote:

For the amount they charge and the time it takes to make what you ordered, I highly doubt that they’re overworked and underpaid.

I too buy from R2. I get great response and had to warranty a stem from them. They had Darimo reply by email to me right away and offered a replacement from R2 or direct, my choice. Seamless.

BUT, when dealing direct without the handholding or buying power of R2, I do t get the same treatment.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

EtoDemerzel wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:06 pm
Good customer service is a skill. Owners and operators are sometimes the worst at it.
Service is an intentional product companies offer as part of their brand. Good service is trained and a focus of brands that value this aspect of business.
I own a marine company in Mallorca that sells engineering parts to the luxury yachts here (Palma is one of the biggest private maintenance harbours in the world).

PERFECT customer service is my prime objective. We always answer the phone, any time, we reply to emails within minutes. We deliver within hours. Any problems we resolve them quickly.

This should be the base standard for all companies, but unfortunately it very rarely is.

If Darimo is giving product to R2 then they are giving away at least 40% of their margin. Surely for that loss, they could employ 1 person to solely handle customer service?

EtoDemerzel

by EtoDemerzel

cyclespeed wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:20 pm
EtoDemerzel wrote:
This should be the base standard for all companies, but unfortunately it very rarely is.

Surely for that loss, they could employ 1 person to solely handle customer service?
I completely agree. I personally won't intentionally buy from companies with poor service.
However, I also don't have high expectations if I buy cheaper products and don't get good service.

In the case of something like Darimo, where they are expensive and have poor service (based on this discussion-I have never bought from them)... well, you have to go in knowing that are that desperate for the product or you avoid them. Personally, life is too short to support that kind of business but cycling is a weird industry. Customers put up with a lot of crappy companies for some reason.

GT3RS

by GT3RS

Predictably after moaning on here about the epic wait for my Nexum bars a couple of days ago they have turned up (after some chunky customs charges) along with my Dogma F seatpost. The post looks pretty good and comes in at just 106g for 300mm in a 0 setback, the bars a pretty impressive 205g for 360 x 100mm. The finish of both seems quite good compared to some of the pictures that Ryan has posted previously.
Attachments
IMG_0147.jpeg

OtterSpace

by OtterSpace

Nice to see a drag making it to a customer. Some feedback on what you think of it after a few hundred k would be appreciated.

From what I've seen of Darimo products 3k is the more consistent finish. For UD finish Darimo just put one layer over the 3k that isn't structurally required and it looks like it doesn't always adhere well. Thats why Darimo products list UD as a heavier finish.

DeiviX

by DeiviX

GT3RS wrote:Predictably after moaning on here about the epic wait for my Nexum bars a couple of days ago they have turned up (after some chunky customs charges) along with my Dogma F seatpost. The post looks pretty good and comes in at just 106g for 300mm in a 0 setback, the bars a pretty impressive 205g for 360 x 100mm. The finish of both seems quite good compared to some of the pictures that Ryan has posted previously.
The photos of the products shown by Ryan are from an old production.
Regardless of this, it must be taken into account that Darimo does not varnish its products, so these small imperfections cannot be hidden like other manufacturers do.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Evaso

by Evaso

Has anyone received the IX4al yet? Or still in production?

Noro

by Noro

cyclespeed wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:20 pm
EtoDemerzel wrote:
I own a marine company in Mallorca that sells engineering parts to the luxury yachts here (Palma is one of the biggest private maintenance harbours in the world).

PERFECT customer service is my prime objective. We always answer the phone, any time, we reply to emails within minutes. We deliver within hours. Any problems we resolve them quickly.

If Darimo is giving product to R2 then they are giving away at least 40% of their margin. Surely for that loss, they could employ 1 person to solely handle customer service?
This!

bratz

by bratz

DeiviX wrote:
StephanDoubleU wrote:
DeiviX wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:07 pm
bratz wrote:Anyone knows how to contact Darimo apart from info@darimo.eu? Have emailed them to request a change for my seatpost order from 15mm to 0mm offset but have not receive any reply.
Hello, send me a private message with your order information, the changes you want to make and I will try to manage it.

Hi DeiviX
You sent me 2 messages about my seat post. Unfortunately I can't reply to you. How can I still contact you?

Regards
Stephan
You have a new MP

@DeiviX received my seat post 2 days back. Wanna say thank you for assisting in the change. Post looks good. Installing over the weekend and will update if I face any issue with battery holder fitment.

DeiviX

by DeiviX

bratz wrote:
DeiviX wrote:
StephanDoubleU wrote:
DeiviX wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:07 pm
Hello, send me a private message with your order information, the changes you want to make and I will try to manage it.

Hi DeiviX
You sent me 2 messages about my seat post. Unfortunately I can't reply to you. How can I still contact you?

Regards
Stephan
You have a new MP

@DeiviX received my seat post 2 days back. Wanna say thank you for assisting in the change. Post looks good. Installing over the weekend and will update if I face any issue with battery holder fitment.
Perfect, enjoy it!

EdSawyer

by EdSawyer

I got the SL7/Drag adapter very quickly , came in today. Shipped via dhl express. Excellent service and turnaround!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com