Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Factor50

by Factor50

It's a shame to hear, but good to get this type of feedback.

I had a bike fit recently and mentioned to my fitter that I was looking at some Darimo parts and his face suggested I was mad to consider it.

Not sure seatpost or handlebars are worth risking given the importance to safety.

I guess the various reviews are backed up by the appalling customer service I've received so far. Emails take weeks to respond to and when I finally asked to price up an order, I'm 8 days and waiting on any kind of response. Doesn't bode well with any warranty support for a speedy resolution (especially when they're anticipating 10 week turnaround for orders to be delivered).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

i have bought 2 darimo seat posts recently, for the colnago and a standard round post, both with setback. both are not perfect in terms of finish but i wasn't expecting them to be given it is like b-t-p components (now no longer making stuff). i have same not perfect components from mcfk as well with their saddles and seatposts. nothing has broken and so far so good.

EdSawyer

by EdSawyer

Do any of the euro shops have the Nexum drag in stock yet? Not really wanting to deal with ordering from Darimo directly.

claus

by claus

Is it considered "safe" to use an Ellipse handlebar (36cm) from Darimo (buying directly - I haven't found a "trusted" shop for this width yet)?
I got a Prime Primavera X-Light (36cm) but I don't like the shape.

What about using a T1-Loop seatpost (I would probably order this via r2-bike)?

What kind of "inspection" or "testing" could be done after receiving those parts?

Are there any better ("safe") alternatives which are not heavier?
Last edited by claus on Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

claus wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:36 pm
Is it considered "safe" to buy an Ellipse handlebar (36cm) from Darimo (directly - I haven't found a "trusted" shop for this width yet)?
I got a Prime Primavera X-Light (36cm) but I don't like the shape.

What about a T1-Loop seatpost (I would probably order this via r2-bike)?

What kind of "inspection" or "testing" could be done after receiving those parts?

Schmolke
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

claus

by claus

AFAICT Schmolke does not offer any handlebar in width 36cm.

C36

by C36

claus wrote:Is it considered "safe" to buy an Ellipse handlebar (36cm) from Darimo (directly - I haven't found a "trusted" shop for this width yet)?

What about a T1-Loop seatpost (I would probably order this via r2-bike)?

« Safe » to order a bar: yes, fast: no.

Inspection: some of the holes for the battery holder (sl8 seatpost I believe)? Were all over the place requiring to trim the lower end of the post. Except this, nothing special.

As of competitors, there are no equivalent interns of options (diameters, seatback, aero, bar width, flare, angle…). In terms of weight
GrigioCarbonio is the only in the same league. But price are like twice Darimo for the stem -in the 600€ range- (as of schmolke, I gave up and went to Darimo after breaking almost everything on a seatpost (tube, hooks).

kode54

by kode54

It’s a shame that Darimo isn’t addressing these issues. QC and customer service/response should back up their reputation but they still operate like a start-up/boutique company. Their ordering system is archaic at best with no online shopping cart. I have to buy their products from r2-bike but when I need to warranty something, r2 steps up weeks faster than Darimo. I have had 2 products fail on me. An IX2 stem (torqued to specs) which cracked by clamping area and an Ellipse handle at on another bike that cracked after hitting a ‘normal’ and typical pothole. Fragile? Maybe. It’s possible that the bar crack when hitting the divet at the right speed and force. Dunno. However, both warranties after months, not weeks for standard sizes. I chalked this up to a boutique brand product company. Knowing the current conditions of how customer service is and QC, I take my chances but not quite as frequent as I used to purchase their parts.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Aryeh

by Aryeh

Tomorrow will be 11 weeks since my SL8 seatpost was ordered. It just arrived to the shop today.
Last edited by Aryeh on Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StephanDoubleU

by StephanDoubleU

The problem with my seat post is that the two holes are too far down. The Di2 mount wobbles like a cow's tail. I am now supposed to send the seatpost back and get a new one.
Attachments
Di2 Adapter.JPG
Di2 Adapter.JPG (27.85 KiB) Viewed 758 times

refthimos

by refthimos

Aryeh wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:11 pm
Tomorrow will be 11 weeks since my SL8 seatpost was ordered. It just arrived to the shop today.
My Nexum Drag bars were ordered on Nov 8 (15 weeks, 5 days and counting) and still haven't even shipped.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

MichaelE89

by MichaelE89

Just a little part from a German😅

feel free to download and print
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6505337
20240218_102534.jpg
20240218_102917.jpg

Knedragon27

by Knedragon27

refthimos wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:10 am
Aryeh wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:11 pm
My Nexum Drag bars were ordered on Nov 8 (15 weeks, 5 days and counting) and still haven't even shipped.
Ordered my Nexum Drag bar on 10/28 , got it 1/26. They put the placement for the front brake cable about 50 mm off.

by 208

Reading about all the quality issues really makes me wonder when Spain actually beat Germany.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StephanDoubleU

by StephanDoubleU

DeiviX wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:07 pm
bratz wrote:Anyone knows how to contact Darimo apart from info@darimo.eu? Have emailed them to request a change for my seatpost order from 15mm to 0mm offset but have not receive any reply.
Hello, send me a private message with your order information, the changes you want to make and I will try to manage it.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Hi DeiviX
You sent me 2 messages about my seat post. Unfortunately I can't reply to you. How can I still contact you?

Regards
Stephan