Darimo Carbon components, when Spain beats Germany

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

marian

by marian

I'm curious about the off-road durability

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Aeo wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:20 am
Bringing road bike prices to MTB :)
https://r2-bike.com/DARIMO-CARBON-Stem- ... e-9-740-mm
See also: Gemini Propus :wink:

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Looks like some Darimo seatpost copies are popping up on AliExpress. Not sure how I feel about a $45 super light seatpost though.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:45 pm
Looks like some Darimo seatpost copies are popping up on AliExpress. Not sure how I feel about a $45 super light seatpost though.
Link?
Cuz there have been plenty of elite one and similar ultralight seatpost on Ali for the last couple of years. Not darimo level but that is because darimo uses some ass light hardware and 90kg limit

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

eucalyptus wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:41 pm
LanceLegstrong wrote:
Link?
Cuz there have been plenty of elite one and similar ultralight seatpost on Ali for the last couple of years. Not darimo level but that is because darimo uses some ass light hardware and 90kg limit
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568049 ... _shipto=US
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:51 pm
eucalyptus wrote:
LanceLegstrong wrote:
Link?
These have been on Ali, mostly ebay for a loooong time! They are branded Hylix on eBay. They make lots of different lightweight stuff. Not really Darimo copies... Anything light is not a copy of Darimo.

A copy is supposed to look identical to what it is copying, that does not have Darimo logos or the appearance of Darimo

Aeo

by Aeo

The grey UD carbon look has become synonymous with Darimo, not least since Team UAE has been running them on their Colnago bikes

The Hylix posts seem pretty good, high weight limit on paper and not a a lot heavier than Darimo https://www.ebay.com/itm/294961793292
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

eucalyptus wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:39 am
These have been on Ali, mostly ebay for a loooong time! They are branded Hylix on eBay. They make lots of different lightweight stuff. Not really Darimo copies... Anything light is not a copy of Darimo.

A copy is supposed to look identical to what it is copying, that does not have Darimo logos or the appearance of Darimo
It's a copy. They have even copied the text from Darimo's website.

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

eucalyptus wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:39 am
LanceLegstrong wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:51 pm
eucalyptus wrote:
LanceLegstrong wrote:

Link?

Lol

Looks the same to me.

And the one I linked is quite different from the hylix on eBay.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

My Sub 4 clamp broke on a ride today. ;^(

whinefields

by whinefields

Wondering if I could get a little help from the experts here.

For some reason, I feel like I'm messing up the installation of my T1 loop (I probably am). For the life of me, I cannot get either bolt down on the screw. The dyneema loops are simply too tight. My screws are at the end very of the nut. This doesn't seem right to me. For instance, in the installation video, it looks like you can screw the nuts at least halfway down. Not so with mine.

The only way I could place the loops on the nut was by loosening the nut the entire way. Then, once I tried to tighten both loops using a Wera torque wrench, I heard a horrible cracking noise before I even got close to 3nm. And that's just with the rear bolt. I can't even insert my wrench into the front bolt due to the angle.

I've attached some photos below, in case it's helpful. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? And why my front bolt is horribly angled?

I cannot go any lower than this on my bolts:

You can see the angle of the front bolt here:

I thought I installed the loops correctly, but perhaps I didn't?

Gary71

by Gary71

Hard to tell by the light in your photos, but are you sure the bar that goes through the seat post is not upside down ?

nickf

by nickf

Try flipping the bar around. I believe one side has larger openings for the head of the bolt to fit.

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

For anyone wondering, the GoPro attachment from a K-Edge combo bolts right up to the Darimo IX2 computer mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

partytaco

by partytaco

nickf wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:00 am
Try flipping the bar around. I believe one side has larger openings for the head of the bolt to fit.
That bar is fixed. I am also having the same issue with my new Darimo MTB seatpost. In order to get the saddle pitch the way I like it, the rear bolt has to be loosened to where it's only half inserted into the nut. I emailed them about a longer bolt but have not heard back.
Attachments
0-3.jpg
0-2.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com