Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

moonoi

by moonoi

I’m using the lock ring that came with the cassette, so shouldn’t be that, also the wheels are the same as from the CFR (Bora WTO), and again worked fine on that bike.

Hanger is straight also…

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

moonoi wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:57 pm
I’m using the lock ring that came with the cassette, so shouldn’t be that, also the wheels are the same as from the CFR (Bora WTO), and again worked fine on that bike.

Hanger is straight also…
Are the the pulley wheels set correctly?
DFBB356E-BE04-4596-A185-1DF476DFD2D1.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I keep my pulley wheels as close as possible as long as its not catching the largest cog when shifting to it. Should good wrap if you are at least in the range of what is shown above.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

robertbb

by robertbb

Apologies if this has been asked before, I've tried searching and can't find anything definitive:

has anyone tried a Shimano 12 speed 11-34 cassette (105 level) with Campy mechanical 12 speed?

I ask specifically about the 105 level cassette because it's a "standard" Shimano cassette which I'm thinking will be far more "vanilla" in tooth shaping than the Hyperglide+ cassette.

moonoi

by moonoi

Seems to be set correctly and looks good to me

Big - Big:

And Small - Big

This is with the KMC chain that specifically mentions Campagnolo 12v compatibility

gorkypl

by gorkypl

robertbb wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:01 am
Apologies if this has been asked before, I've tried searching and can't find anything definitive:

has anyone tried a Shimano 12 speed 11-34 cassette (105 level) with Campy mechanical 12 speed?

I ask specifically about the 105 level cassette because it's a "standard" Shimano cassette which I'm thinking will be far more "vanilla" in tooth shaping than the Hyperglide+ cassette.
All 12s road cassettes work with all 12s road systems, the compatibility is better than with 11s.

Fuji Cross 1.5 - Shimano 105 5800 | Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s | Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

gorkypl

by gorkypl

moonoi wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:54 pm
Anyone had a problem with SR12 EPS slipping on the 11 cog, I’ve tried a new chain (KMC and Campy) and a new cassette and every time when putting out 200w+ the chain slips like it’s on a worn cog, but since everything is new I’m completely lost for where or how to troubleshoot this problem further. It’s installed on a Look 795 Blade RS, and taken off my old Canyon Aeroad CFR where it worked perfectly!

Note it doesn’t slip in any other gears just the smallest 11 cog…
Are you sure it is skipping on top of the cogs (like with a worn cassette) and not jumping to side (wrong adjustment) ? I would triple check hanger straightness and reset the limits - cannot think of a scenario when new Campy chain would skip on a new cassette other than incorrect adjustment. Perhaps incorrect pinning leaving a stiff joint - but it would limit the skipping to joined link only.

Fuji Cross 1.5 - Shimano 105 5800 | Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s | Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

robertbb

by robertbb

gorkypl wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:55 pm
robertbb wrote:

All 12s road cassettes work with all 12s road systems, the compatibility is better than with 11s.
Wow, cool! Has anyone actually done any measurements of the cassettes for comparison? (there was a very detailed thread previously comparing SRAM and Campy 12 speed cassettes, but not Shimano.

Miller

by Miller

I am thinking a campagnolo chain would solve the skipping issue for moonoi.

moonoi

by moonoi

Miller wrote:I am thinking a campagnolo chain would solve the skipping issue for moonoi.
I swapped the original SR chain for the KMC chain in an attempt to resolve the problem, but have the same issue, as the LBS didn’t have any 12v campag chain in stock.

I’ve ordered one on line and see if it makes a difference (strangely a new joining pin costs almost as much as an entire chain here!)

Miller

by Miller

Well, good luck, the sprocket jumping must be very annoying.

JoO

by JoO

gorkypl wrote:
robertbb wrote:

I am aware that user DaveS says his chorus shifter and rd work very well with sram axs casettes.
However, I asked ratio technologies if their axs compatible ratchet would work with campagnolo cassette.
This was their answer:
“ … unfortunately we really can’t recommend using the Campagnolo 12 speed cassettes with our upgrade kits. We’ve measured the Campy cassettes before, and the sprocket spacing is quite significantly different to SRAM’s cassettes so it won’t work well.”

robertbb

by robertbb

JoO wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:47 am
gorkypl wrote:
robertbb wrote:

I am aware that user DaveS says his chorus shifter and rd work very well with sram axs casettes.
However, I asked ratio technologies if their axs compatible ratchet would work with campagnolo cassette.
This was their answer:
“ … unfortunately we really can’t recommend using the Campagnolo 12 speed cassettes with our upgrade kits. We’ve measured the Campy cassettes before, and the sprocket spacing is quite significantly different to SRAM’s cassettes so it won’t work well.”
Yep. DaveS also subsequently posted that he moved to full AXS drivetrain.

ice29

by ice29

Hi, I am thinking about buying the Power2Max crankset to get powermeter for my SR12 EPS... Now can I simply move the SR chainrings to the P2M crankset? or are the SR12 chainrings "special" and they only work in SR spider?
I have checked the Campy pdf drawings and while the chainrings for SR and RE have different part-numbers they look the same to me...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

JoO wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:47 am
gorkypl wrote:
robertbb wrote:

This was their answer:
I don't know anything about Ratio Technologies stuff, but I've measured Campy and AXS cassettes with calipers and found no difference. Also, I ran an AXS derailleur with a Campy cassette and chain, and the shifting was great.