Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Leon

by Leon

Thanks for the replies and the links. I decided to go the Chorus route. I hardly used the biggest cogs of my SR cassette so I will use these again and replace the rest with the Chorus cassette. The weight penalty when keeping the biggest cluster of SR and the rest Chorus is only 10 grams. And since the Chorus cassette cost just as much as the 17/19/21 SR cluster of cogs that is the way I will go from now on.

I use Dr.Wack F100 as chain lube.
Attachments
IMG_20240409_165750680_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20240409_165811137_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20240409_165821806_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20240409_165841445_HDR~2.jpg
Ride bikes, not tanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mathemagician

by mathemagician

Nickldn wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a replacement bleed port screw for a Campy 12s hydro caliper. Mine has rounded off.

I don't need the entire bleed port EC-DB014 (which is also out of stock in the UK).
I just used a hacksaw to cut a notch into the screw, so I can screw/unscrew with a flat bleed screwdriver. If you don't want to do that I'd just buy a generic grub screw...unsure of the thread pitch without looking at it but I'd guess M3?

Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk

Nickldn

by Nickldn

mathemagician wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:18 pm
Nickldn wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a replacement bleed port screw for a Campy 12s hydro caliper. Mine has rounded off.

I don't need the entire bleed port EC-DB014 (which is also out of stock in the UK).
I just used a hacksaw to cut a notch into the screw, so I can screw/unscrew with a flat bleed screwdriver. If you don't want to do that I'd just buy a generic grub screw...unsure of the thread pitch without looking at it but I'd guess M3?

Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk
Thanks, shame the screw isn't available separately. Let's see what I have lying around in the screw and bolt tin, perhaps something will fit.

dgdracing

by dgdracing

Nickldn wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:11 pm
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a replacement bleed port screw for a Campy 12s hydro caliper. Mine has rounded off.

Same, I just bought a set of different length small stainless steel screews from ebay and replaced the screw. I was already afraid of having the change the whole caliber.

Different question: I use the (hyped) Silca Chain Lubre (not the wax) on my 12s mechanical. Chain is far away from 0,5%, everything is very clean and cassette (SR 11-32) and crank SR 50-34 are both not too worn. In the big ring and mid to large cogs (so far from cross chaining) the noise of the chain is very loud. In the small ring everything is fine...

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Is it quieter on 1st ride after application?

This is my experience ...quiet after 24hr cure time...gets noiser after a while.

Wax/drip wax definitely prolongs wear items in my experience.

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

Apologies if this has been answered, but has anyone successfully tried or know if you can run an 11-34 cassette on mechanical super record standard cage?

I've seen it can be done with EPS V4, but not sure with SR mechanical 12x

Thanks!

morrisond

by morrisond

Bobbyc123 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 12:57 pm
Apologies if this has been answered, but has anyone successfully tried or know if you can run an 11-34 cassette on mechanical super record standard cage?

Thanks!
Maybe - it depends on how old it is. There was a running a change.

See this document - it should say 29-34 on the inner face of the jockey cage.

https://support.campagnolo.com/media/fi ... 23_ENG.pdf

If you have the older version - only one way to find out - put it on a stand and try it. It's dependent on your particular bike and whether or not there is enough adjustment range in the RD.

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

Bobbyc123 wrote:

Thanks!
I have with no problem. There is very little difference in the plates. Probably some bikes rubbed in the large chainring and the 34.
IMG_0412.jpeg

hkgmatt

by hkgmatt

morrisond wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 1:17 pm
Maybe - it depends on how old it is. There was a running a change.

See this document - it should say 29-34 on the inner face of the jockey cage.
Yes, this. If it is the old version, it is possible to upgrade to the 34T cage, but not many places still stock the part.

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

joeyb1000 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 4:56 pm
Bobbyc123 wrote:

Thanks!
I have with no problem. There is very little difference in the plates. Probably some bikes rubbed in the large chainring and the 34.IMG_0412.jpeg
Thanks for sharing! Cages look pretty similar, so will give it a shot!

Probably won't ever use the big 34 so hopefully won't have any issues.

Thanks!

dgdracing

by dgdracing

rudye9mr wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 3:00 am

This is my experience ...quiet after 24hr cure time...gets noiser after a while.

Actually it is, after the ride the chain was also quite "wet", so there was just too much oil on...

Shmitt

by Shmitt

dgdracing wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:31 am
rudye9mr wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 3:00 am

Actually it is, after the ride the chain was also quite "wet", so there was just too much oil on...
In my case, all the waxes in the bottle do not work because the entire drive system becomes very noisy after a few or a dozen kilometers. (I reserve that the chain has been cleaned properly). the only advantage is that the chain is clean, but I could just as easily not lubricate it and the effect would be the same.
I started using Silca oil (wet lube) and I'm willing to put up with cleaning the cassette and chain from time to time, but the noise of the entire drive system has definitely dropped and it's ok...
In general, the 12s is noisy, at least that's my impression, but it was supposed to be Campagnolo and it is Campagnolo.

In my case, all the waxes in the bottle do not work because the entire drive system becomes very noisy after a few or a dozen kilometers. (I reserve that the chain has been cleaned properly). the only advantage is that the chain is clean, but I could just as easily not lubricate it and the effect would be the same.
I started using Silca oil (wet lube) and I'm willing to put up with cleaning the cassette and chain from time to time, but the noise of the entire drive system has definitely dropped and it's ok...
In general, the 12s is noisy, at least that's my impression, but it was supposed to be Campagnolo and it is Campagnolo.

Always wipe off excess oil after each ride if the drive requires it. it can't be floating in oil.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,
No it's not. I suspect it's not setup properly.
Always wipe off excess oil after each ride if the drive requires it. it can't be floating in oil.
Excess oil should be wiped off prior to riding the bike, not after.

Cheers, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Indoor, I can hear the noise but on road...no, not above the wind noise having used UFO drip, silica drip and molten speed wax.

AJS914

by AJS914

Shmitt wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:18 pm

I've been happily using Smoove for 5 years now. You have to figure out a way to immersively apply a drip on wax. Silca has their cross chain technique.

I made up a sous-vide type technique. After my final alcohol rinse I shake out the chain and let it dry. I apply a drop of Smoove to each roller and then put the chain in a plastic zip lock, remove as much air as possible, and then seal it. After that, dip the bag in warm water to get the wax lube to flow. I'll leave a chain like this in the bag for several days and articulate the links several times a day if I remember. This seems to result in an excellent installation of drip on wax.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com