Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

octav

by octav

But on the good SR derailleur , that piece stays fixed, on this one it moves so I need to insert the BScrew maximum inside. It's working, but it's clearly not 100% ok. I thought maybe if I can find that part I might extend the derailleurs life .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

I cann't find a spare part number for that part. I suspect because nothing can go wrong with it?
What you can try is put some thread locker on the b-screw. Set it and let the threadlocker dry.

Cheers, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

octav

by octav

ALso for me , I don't see the sparte part but something is wrong there. I will buy a spare 12 speed derailleur ( as I have 3 12sp mechanical bikes) , and I can study them when I have the replamcenet maybe somehow it can be fixed to be 100% like new :)
Thanks guys for the ideas ;)

usr

by usr

Just to double-check, are you comparing a derailleur that isn't mounted on a bike to one that is? Iirc the upper knuckle isn't sprung at all, but when the derailleur is on a bike, constrained by a chain, it feels very much as if it was. Nothing presses the B screw (G-screw-formerly-known-as-B) against the stop off-bike. I could easily see myself making the mistake of erroneously expecting that screw (the one replaced with the weird mushroom-headed one from RD-SR105 for the direct mount conversion) to be pressed against the stop while the derailleur is off-bike, when in fact the DM-substitute link will dangle freely, without pressure on tsfkaB.

I don't think there's anything inside the thread unit for that screw serving as a locking mechanism, other than that perhaps that blue thread locker stuff Campag likes to use.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,
other than that perhaps that blue thread locker stuff Campag likes to use.
Agreed. That "stuff" is Loctite 242 actually. Commonly available at most hardware shops, I reckon.

Cheers, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

octav

by octav

No, comparing one that is installed with the "sick" one. But, after I come back from vacation I will order a new Record 12 derailleur to have it as a spare for the 12 speed system, and will study then the difference between them.

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

How different is the spacing on SRAM 12 speed and Campagnolo 12 speed? Can I use a rear wheel with SRAM xdr 12 speed cassette with my Campagnolo 12 speed group?
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

tiberiade

by tiberiade

Martin.dk wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:06 pm
How different is the spacing on SRAM 12 speed and Campagnolo 12 speed? Can I use a rear wheel with SRAM xdr 12 speed cassette with my Campagnolo 12 speed group?
This is what I do on my home trainer. (10-33 cassette with SR12). It works but it's not as smooth.

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

octav wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:35 am
It's not just the screw, it's the small part that the screw goes in. I assume it has a spring, and the spring probably it's broken. I will try to make a short video as I am afraid to try to remove it and remove the parts until I have a spare derailleur or part to replace :)

PS: I managed to take a pic , highlighted the part in orange.
Can you post a side photo?

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

usr wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:21 am
Just to double-check, are you comparing a derailleur that isn't mounted on a bike to one that is? Iirc the upper knuckle isn't sprung at all, but when the derailleur is on a bike, constrained by a chain, it feels very much as if it was. Nothing presses the B screw (G-screw-formerly-known-as-B) against the stop off-bike. I could easily see myself making the mistake of erroneously expecting that screw (the one replaced with the weird mushroom-headed one from RD-SR105 for the direct mount conversion) to be pressed against the stop while the derailleur is off-bike, when in fact the DM-substitute link will dangle freely, without pressure on tsfkaB.

I don't think there's anything inside the thread unit for that screw serving as a locking mechanism, other than that perhaps that blue thread locker stuff Campag likes to use.
This above. Like I was saying previously that there is no spring in that link and what you think is a crack is actually just a step by design. I have one version in Record and the other is SR and neither has a spring in the link and when its not mounted with a chain wrapped around it just dangles there freely. But if you want to purchase a new one have at it. The blue threadlocker is the equivelant of loctite that Campy uses.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

octav

by octav

Ok, so basically it's the way it should work. Strange but the new SR12 one seems much stiffer.
I will buy one just as a spare, as I have 3 bikes on mecahnical Campy 12 so it's not too bad to own a spare :)
Thanks a lot for the help !
At the moment I am thinking of getting a EPS v4 groupset, it's still a good offer on german sites. Anyone compared it to the SR WRL? Might be better to wait maybe for a Chorus WRL?

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

octav wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:14 pm
Ok, so basically it's the way it should work. Strange but the new SR12 one seems much stiffer.
I will buy one just as a spare, as I have 3 bikes on mecahnical Campy 12 so it's not too bad to own a spare :)
Thanks a lot for the help !
At the moment I am thinking of getting a EPS v4 groupset, it's still a good offer on german sites. Anyone compared it to the SR WRL? Might be better to wait maybe for a Chorus WRL?
I have mech12, EPSv4 and WRL. So, I could probably answer any questions.

The one thing that's pertinent to this conversation is that WRL's upper pivot is now 3D embrace, like mechanical 12s. EPSv4 has an upper spring, like 11s.
One advantage of EPSv4 for you is that it uses all the same cassettes and chainrings as mech12. WRL's new chainring standard is probably my only disappointment.

Milwaukeekid

by Milwaukeekid

Happy Sunday. I'm building up a new Factor frameset and making decisions on what electronic groupset to go with. I'm strictly looking at electronic options I've ridden a Serotta with full Campy Record 11-speed rim brake for the last 14-years and have always preferred Campy, so my heart says get the EPSv4 group.

Here's my dilema I'm hoping you can help with. My experience is always using full Campy groupsets. However, this time around, I'm looking at going with crankarm length that is 155 or 160. This eliminates using any of the Campy cranksets. Also, like may on this and other threads, I really would like to take advantage of more cassette options than the limited selection from Campy these days. So, what I'm sitting at is now effectively half of the groupset is something other than Campy. I've read a fair number of threads of people mixing and matching other parts where Campy has a gap in their options in order to make their Campy bike meet their needs. Understand the spirit of my post. I'm trying to convince myself to stick with Campy and would love to hear people's reasons for why you still chose Campy over anything else. Appreciate the feedback. Also, if there's a better thread, just let me know and I can move the post.

keaton

by keaton

Milwaukeekid wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:49 pm
Happy Sunday. I'm building up a new Factor frameset and making decisions on what electronic groupset to go with. I'm strictly looking at electronic options I've ridden a Serotta with full Campy Record 11-speed rim brake for the last 14-years and have always preferred Campy, so my heart says get the EPSv4 group.

Here's my dilema I'm hoping you can help with. My experience is always using full Campy groupsets. However, this time around, I'm looking at going with crankarm length that is 155 or 160. This eliminates using any of the Campy cranksets. Also, like may on this and other threads, I really would like to take advantage of more cassette options than the limited selection from Campy these days. So, what I'm sitting at is now effectively half of the groupset is something other than Campy. I've read a fair number of threads of people mixing and matching other parts where Campy has a gap in their options in order to make their Campy bike meet their needs. Understand the spirit of my post. I'm trying to convince myself to stick with Campy and would love to hear people's reasons for why you still chose Campy over anything else. Appreciate the feedback. Also, if there's a better thread, just let me know and I can move the post.
campy for the past 14 years - id stick with it. Thats me

Nickldn

by Nickldn

keaton wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:28 pm
Milwaukeekid wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:49 pm

campy for the past 14 years - id stick with it. Thats me
Just switched from Campy Chorus 12s mechanical to SRAM Red last gen. I have good memories of the thumb shifter but I am not going back. Sorry, but that's how it is.

If you want a crank length and gearing that's not available on Campy then you're better off moving wholesale, it'll 'just work' without any downsides.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

S-Works SL8 Dune White SRAM Red AXS Craft CS5060 wheels Roval Rapide bars 6.6kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com