Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Just got a call about this from the rep. I'll get the first ones record and super record in 4-6 weeks aparrantly.

I read up on the spec a bit but I like the look of it.

Direct mount rear mech, see I said that was coming. !2 speed though that has surpised me. Sad that there is no 1x option but maybe that will come. And cassettes are limited to 11-29 and 11-32T and no EPS at present. That will change I am sure. Miche and KMC will no doubt be srambling to make chains and cassettes for this now.

Broady

by Broady

Looks a bit cheap, like FSA or something.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Better looking live than in those pics. Couple of group sets yesterday at the Colnago Cycling Festival in Desenzano del Garda.

Skickad från min iPhone med Tapatalk

sychen

by sychen

As a long time campagnolo user.. I'm not impressed by this.. Another standard war and no compatibility between drive trains .. Huge ugly hood for disc levers.

Looks to be pretty heavy throughout.

My new bike has di2 9170 hoods and they are by far the best shimano road levers in ergonomic shape and function. Seems like campagnolo is going the other way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Miller

by Miller

As a long time Campagnolo user, I am impressed by this. Didn't believe the 12sp rumours so what do I know. I assume that within a year or two Sram and Shim will have done the same thing.

It's traditional for each sprocket increment to be accompanied by forum complaints.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Anyone know of any good 11sp SR deals going on

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

This is a thread about 12 speed not 11 speed SR.

ak47

by ak47

Looks cheap and the "butique" jewellery look is definitely gone, but it looks a bit more modern. I quite like it, but do not love it. Let's see and wait how the EPS looks like.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

bm0p700f wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:40 pm
This is a thread about 12 speed not 11 speed SR.
Yup.

So, does anyone know of any good SR11 deals now that 12 is announced

mrlobber

by mrlobber

I'd really like to see 75% discounted Bora Ultra 50 tubs now that they've been indirectly pronounced to be "unaero" & "slow" :mrgreen:

Now it will be interesting what standard SRAM will use when coming out with 12x road. It might turn out we arrive at 2 different 12 speed implementations for road bikes, and I personally have no idea whether Campagnolo is playing a "we define the standard" or "just put out more gears than others" game here right now.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Campagnolo is playing “we defined a hub concept when we developed 9s 22 years ago that still works with 12s”

ooo

by ooo

11-12-13-14-15-16-17-19-22-25-28-32

11-12-13-14-15-16-17-19-21-23-26-29

weight:

https://www.matosvelo.fr/index.php?post ... campagnolo
'

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I am not sure the weight is a problem any more. The weight weenies community is pretty niche. making your groupset the lightest does not mean you sell any more. most riders are not worried if there groupset is the lightest or not. They just want a nice looking bike that works well. If the 12 speed Record and super record groupsets deliver that then they will sell quite a few.

As for the standard I suspect given the constraints of a shimano 11 speed body shimano and SRAM will produce 12 speed versions with similar if not the same cassette spacing. Shimano may however choose to allow 11-36T or 11-40T cassettes.

I like it but I have so much campag kit to wear out i dont really need to buy another groupset. That wont stop me though.

Ritxis

by Ritxis

bm0p700f wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:46 pm
I am not sure the weight is a problem any more. The weight weenies community is pretty niche. making your groupset the lightest does not mean you sell any more. most riders are not worried if there groupset is the lightest or not. They just want a nice looking bike that works well. If the 12 speed Record and super record groupsets deliver that then they will sell quite a few.

As for the standard I suspect given the constraints of a shimano 11 speed body shimano and SRAM will produce 12 speed versions with similar if not the same cassette spacing. Shimano may however choose to allow 11-36T or 11-40T cassettes.

I like it but I have so much campag kit to wear out i dont really need to buy another groupset. That wont stop me though.
True, to the Pro´s the weight is not very important.......but who has to pay it, it takes into account................

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

c60rider

by c60rider

Ritxis wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:55 pm
bm0p700f wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:46 pm

True, to the Pro´s the weight is not very important.......but who has to pay it, it takes into account................
I think very few who buy it think about the weight of Campag kit. There's far more niche products to cater for the very small numbers that buy those type of products. They have the price to go with them. For the majority of buyers they have their price bracket and buy the kit that budget allows.