New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TriJoeri

by TriJoeri

Jackofallgrades wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 6:26 pm
Yep, you're looking for part numbers LIG518, LIG624.
Thanks! :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Cannondale Systemsix bottle cage fairing, by Lucendi.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=169183&p=1760692#p1760692
Attachments
20220731_202924.jpg

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

Does anyone know what size the mounting bolt on the rear mech hanger is please

thanks

NaturalHigh

by NaturalHigh

Does anybody know what kind of nipples are on the 64 Knot?

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Hi all, i have an supersix and im considering changing my handlebar to the KNOT aero handlebar. however, has anyone experienced both SAVE handlebar and KNOT handlebar ? i want to see how much comfort level im ditching to go aero. Many thanks. :beerchug:
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

k33z

by k33z

I have a supersix and switched to the KNOT aero bar. Switched from 44cm SAVE bar, to 40cm KNOT bar. Difference in width is huge (KNOT bar is around 38cm at hoods), and I find that position much more comfotable (but that is personal).

In terms of feel, changing the bar changed the WHOLE bike. It is way less comforable, and much more twitchy. Needed to get used to it, but really like the twitchy feel by now when seated. When standing, I prefer the wider bar. But I think this difference in feel is in the width, not so much SAVE vs KNOT.

Also in comfort, I feel a big difference. The bike deals with bumps with a lot less comfort. Is this the bar, the width, or the combination? I am not sure.

k33z

by k33z

And I think you will not gain any aero benefits when changing just the bar in the same width (waste of money), then you need to go much smaller (just like I did).

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Thanks for the reply. looks like im better off spending the money else where! thanks! :beerchug:
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

TriJoeri

by TriJoeri

I'm doing the Strade Bianche GF next year and am looking to use my Systemsix (only option other than renting a gravelbike for instance). I wanted to order 30mm Vittoria Corsa Control G2 tires to mount on my Reynolds Strike SLG 62mm wheels. They're 17mm inner width and 25mm outer width.

Any guesses if they will fit or am I better off using the 28mm wheels?

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Should be fine. I used 32mm Schwalbe Pro One measuring almost 33mm on wheels with 21mm ID and there was enough room left.

karlslow

by karlslow

Picked up a Systemsix for a song, yet am nervous to test ride it (contemplating swapping the frameset while it's new for a Supersix Evo). I have a bad back, yet have gotten in much better shape and can handle long rides better than ever. I do most of my training on the road yet most events on dirt and unpaved routes. Nevertheless, the bar is about 40mm lower than my gravel bike (primary bike road bike right now). Trying out a -6 degree stem will increase the height of the bar by 20mm, which gets me closer to my current setup, yet is still a fair chunk lower. I already swapped the 110mm stem for a 100mm. Anyways, beautiful looking bike I hope winds up being a good mountain climber and flat-to-rolling-road crusher.
IMG_0266.jpeg

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

karlslow wrote:Picked up a Systemsix for a song, yet am nervous to test ride it (contemplating swapping the frameset while it's new for a Supersix Evo). I have a bad back, yet have gotten in much better shape and can handle long rides better than ever. I do most of my training on the road yet most events on dirt and unpaved routes. Nevertheless, the bar is about 40mm lower than my gravel bike (primary bike road bike right now). Trying out a -6 degree stem will increase the height of the bar by 20mm, which gets me closer to my current setup, yet is still a fair chunk lower. I already swapped the 110mm stem for a 100mm. Anyways, beautiful looking bike I hope winds up being a good mountain climber and flat-to-rolling-road crusher.
IMG_0266.jpeg
Lovely, lovely bike. How much off was it if you don’t mind my asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

anyone picked up a Gripper Aero & ReGrip Aero Bottle & Cage?

pic of mine while i'm here

mercy care atlanta

Hexsense

by Hexsense

danridesbikes wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:53 pm
anyone picked up a Gripper Aero & ReGrip Aero Bottle & Cage?
Yes, it fits perfectly on my size 51 SystemSix. The bottle width match well with SystemSix's downtube width.
CVT01447.JPG
CVT01451_1.JPG
CVT01448.JPG
CVT01450_1.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cajer

by cajer

How wide is the downtube on the System Six? I'm thinking about getting the bottles for my S5, but I don't think it'll be a very good fit due to the downtube tapering as you get closer to the head tube.