New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Systemsix has 47.5mm wide down tube.

The aero bottle width taper a bit (not completely flat) but it's 55mm in the middle.

Regular round bottle is 73mm wide, with possibility that there's also bottle cage extend sideway past the bottle further.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

How wide is the downtube on the System Six? I'm thinking about getting the bottles for my S5, but I don't think it'll be a very good fit due to the downtube tapering as you get closer to the head tube.
surely anything will be more aero than a round bottle

https://www.aero-coach.co.uk/water-bottle-testing
Hexsense wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:23 am
danridesbikes wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:53 pm
anyone picked up a Gripper Aero & ReGrip Aero Bottle & Cage?
Yes, it fits perfectly on my size 51 SystemSix. The bottle width match well with SystemSix's downtube width.
CVT01447.JPG
CVT01451_1.JPG
CVT01448.JPG
CVT01450_1.JPG
looks good, have ordered, bottles arrived today but driver didn't leave the cages so have to wait a few days for them to be redelivered

pokhim

by pokhim

Ben healey won S8 of giro with a lab71 systemsix... when will that frame get released? I've not seen any mention of it online

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

anyone running 28's on Knot 64s?

they are running 28mm Corsa Pros on the LAB71 supersix evo's at the Giro, on Vision wheels (21mm internal, the same as knots, but 31mm external v 32mm) not sure what Ben Healy was running today on the systemsix though, anyone know?

user83843

by user83843

danridesbikes wrote:

pic of mine while i'm here

mercy care atlanta
Did C-dale publish test results for this aero bottle/cage combo?

A friend wind-tunnel-tested (straight on only so no yaw angles greater than 0) a regular 650ml round water bottle/Zipp carbon cage on the downtube of his Factor Ostro vs the 440ml Aero vault bottle/cage mentioned in the article and found 1.8w difference... which speaks to the ongoing frustration I have with often exaggerated claims by those selling aero products and or services.

user83843

by user83843

With that minimal saddle to bar drop I'm not convinced an aero bike is the ideal choice if you have a bad back, mostly race on dirt/unpaved and like to climb :noidea:
Last edited by user83843 on Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

cajer

by cajer

user83843 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 12:14 am
danridesbikes wrote:

pic of mine while i'm here

mercy care atlanta
Did C-dale publish test results for this aero bottle/cage combo?

A friend wind-tunnel-tested (straight on only so no yaw angles greater than 0) a regular 650ml round water bottle/Zipp carbon cage on the downtube of his Factor Ostro vs the 440ml Aero vault bottle/cage mentioned in the article and found 1.8w difference... which speaks to the ongoing frustration I have with often exaggerated claims by those selling aero products and or services.
I'm curious if he tested with or without a rider on the bike, as in road position that adds allot of noise due to the position being much more variable than a TT position.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

cajer wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 1:44 am

I'm curious if he tested with or without a rider on the bike, as in road position that adds allot of noise due to the position being much more variable than a TT position.

Not really sure any of it matters anyway outside of a long Merckx TT? I don't know any mass-start racers who use proprietary bottles like Fidlocks or aero bottles. Maaaaybe the Cannondale squared off bottles since the cages can carry normal bottles too, but the special bottles might be a little annoying to replace if you discarded one in the feed zone and a random person took it.

Singular

by Singular

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 2:07 am
cajer wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 1:44 am

Not really sure any of it matters anyway outside of a long Merckx TT? I don't know any mass-start racers who use proprietary bottles like Fidlocks or aero bottles. Maaaaybe the Cannondale squared off bottles since the cages can carry normal bottles too, but the special bottles might be a little annoying to replace if you discarded one in the feed zone and a random person took it.
That's the crux of those bottles for me - I'd love to shave a few watts off (and on an Evo II, there are plenty to take...) and the clever idea of a cage that takes both the Gripper Aero and standard round ones is brilliant, but the idea of having to buy a half a dozen of those slab-sided bottles and organizing it with helpers to get through a race (and trying to retrieve them afterwards) to save IIRC 3w... :roll:

I've dabbled with Elite Crono bottles previously for Merckx-style TTs, more as a means of carrying fluid to and from the race. To be frank, I'm still unsure whether there is a real-world time saving for using those over a standard round bottle (as there are tons of time being wasted at fiddling with them) for hydration and not only as a fairing with fluid storage.

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

Maaaaybe the Cannondale squared off bottles since the cages can carry normal bottles too,
thats what swung it for me, i use my bike on the turbo, so the ability to use a regular larger bottle for longer sessions was a win,

and when you switch from regular to the cannondale shaped ones, there is a very noticeable difference in the size and profiling, so while gains will be minimal because the cap is still the same size, they are likely still there
I've dabbled with Elite Crono bottles previously
snap, until one bounced off and killed itself 50km into a 330km ride, in hindsight, running something proprietry on a ride like that was stupid

user83843

by user83843

No rider, just the bike tested 5x with each configuration to establish averages. I'm going back with him to analyze a couple semi aero climbing bikes vs fully aero. Also to look at watt savings for 38 vs 42 and 44mm bar widths as well as hidden vs exposed cables.

pokhim

by pokhim

robbosmans wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 10:09 pm
Its just a paintjob
https://efprocycling.com/racing/bike-ch ... systemsix/

EF says it's lab71 systemsix, so I presume new carbon rather than just a paint job

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lina

by Lina

pokhim wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:11 pm
robbosmans wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 10:09 pm
Its just a paintjob
https://efprocycling.com/racing/bike-ch ... systemsix/

EF says it's lab71 systemsix, so I presume new carbon rather than just a paint job
> super narrow 38 cm bars
> short 170 mm cranks

:lol: