New cannondale SYSTEMSIX road frame!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

guanxi

by guanxi

Would love to see a lab71 systemsix though, surely it'll be a great bike all around.

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

teakay

by teakay

I don't suppose anyone knows what lengths of 11spd Di2 wires are needed for a size 51? I have a long y spliter to run between the shifters with a connector. So I am guessing I need 2 fairly short wires y-spliter/connector to downtube junction box & b junction to front mech, another fairly short one between the between b junction and battery l, then 2 x medium between downtube junction & b junction & b junction to rear mech.

Also I wondered if anyone knows the weight difference is between the standard frameset weight & the hi mod in a 51.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Omiar

by Omiar

Is anybody running 12spd Shimano and has issues with chain coming off in the rear?

I'm having a problem where on fast downhills with rough road, usually a 50-70kph descent during racing, the chain is thrown off the cassette between the frame and cassette. There just doesn't seem to be enough chain tension when being on big chairing and smallest sprocket gear combination.

The chain is as short as it can be, the RD hanger alignment is checked, RD limiting screws are correct.

Running 8170 groupset with Power2Max Rotor crankset (43.5mm chainline) and Shimano 12spd chainrings.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

Omiar wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:54 am
Is anybody running 12spd Shimano and has issues with chain coming off in the rear?

I'm having a problem where on fast downhills with rough road, usually a 50-70kph descent during racing, the chain is thrown off the cassette between the frame and cassette. There just doesn't seem to be enough chain tension when being on big chairing and smallest sprocket gear combination.

The chain is as short as it can be, the RD hanger alignment is checked, RD limiting screws are correct.

Running 8170 groupset with Power2Max Rotor crankset (43.5mm chainline) and Shimano 12spd chainrings.
B screw adjustment done?
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

wrecked by Schwalbe TT rear tyre, so took it as an opportunity to fit the 28mm Vittoria Pros

apexle

by apexle

teakay wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 2:22 pm
I don't suppose anyone knows what lengths of 11spd Di2 wires are needed for a size 51? I have a long y spliter to run between the shifters with a connector. So I am guessing I need 2 fairly short wires y-spliter/connector to downtube junction box & b junction to front mech, another fairly short one between the between b junction and battery l, then 2 x medium between downtube junction & b junction & b junction to rear mech.

Also I wondered if anyone knows the weight difference is between the standard frameset weight & the hi mod in a 51.
I'm not quite understanding this but I recently finished upgrading my 54cm frame Systemsix Carbon Ultegra 2022 to Di2 8050. This is what I did:

1) long Y splitter cable connecting both r8070 shifters routed to stem and into the downtube -> connected to 1 port on the EW-RS910 downtube junction A (charging port and button)
2) another cable (I dunno how long this one seemed slightly longer than the shortest di2 cable you can get) from the ES-RS910 connected to the junction box B in the downtube near the bottom bracket
3) from the junction B, in addition to the cable from junction A, I also have connected
a) the cable to the BN-110 battery in the seatpost (for me the shortest cable wouldn't give me enough length to reach the battery, so I have a wireless unit EW-WU111 connected to the short cable and then another cable connected from that to the battery).
b) a long cable connected to the Rear derailleur 8050
c) a medium cable connected to the front derailleur 8050

Routing the cables internally were kind of a pain, and obviously had to remove the crank and spindle in order to gain access to the inside of the frame. If you need any tips on routing the cables I can let you know what I did (a lot of twisting and pushing and pulling the cable).

mathieurrr

by mathieurrr

Just bought an older 2019 systemsix and was wondering if anyone has found a good solution for a out front garmin mount for this kind of stem. Is the faceplate replaceable with a standard one?
Attachments
IMG_8004.jpeg
IMG_8005.jpeg

apexle

by apexle

I've been fumbling around with my systemsix and I'm at the point where I'm looking to move my saddle forward more but I'm at the limits (I think I even reversed the saddle clamp too). I know that for my frame size the seattube angle is like 74.3 and pushing my saddle forward all the way probably makes it an effective angle of maybe 75-76 at best. Is there any way to make it 78+ degrees like some kind of saddle clamp adapter?

At this point I am pushing the limits of what the bike was made for and probably could get a used TT bike for $1-$2K but it would just take up more space which is one of my constraints. I have an ironman in october that I'm training for and after that I don't think I'll be doing any more big triathlons anytime soon so going to revert the bike back to road cycling.

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

mathieurrr wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:40 pm
Just bought an older 2019 systemsix and was wondering if anyone has found a good solution for a out front garmin mount for this kind of stem. Is the faceplate replaceable with a standard one?
it's just a plastic cap, pop it off

you've also got enough room on the left or right of the bars for a k-edge style mount, (Or a prime one for a tenner)

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/p ... lsrc=aw.ds

notnow

by notnow

Just weighed my 2020 Systemsix Di2 non-HM rapha edition 54cm and it weights ~8.37kg with a 160g saddle. That's about 300g heavier than expected, is that normal?

My typical treatment for bikes would be lighter 110g saddle, lighter thru axles, lighter cassette, 1300g 50mm wheelset, MT800 rotors and 50/34 chainset but that would only bring it down to about 7.8kg unless the knot 64 SL wheelset are heavier than the listed 1630g (which I think they are?)

Anyone find a light saddle cradle? Looks heavy as hell!

notnow

by notnow

notnow wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:11 pm
Just weighed my 2020 Systemsix Di2 non-HM rapha edition 54cm and it weights ~8.37kg with a 160g saddle. That's about 300g heavier than expected, is that normal?

My typical treatment for bikes would be lighter 110g saddle, lighter thru axles, lighter cassette, 1300g 50mm wheelset, MT800 rotors and 50/34 chainset but that would only bring it down to about 7.8kg unless the knot 64 SL wheelset are heavier than the listed 1630g (which I think they are?)

Ah found out all the extra weight came from the GP 5000 TL, will be upgrading to GP 5000 TT, 1300g 50mm wheelset, aero thru axles, sigeyi RD direct mount and MT900 rotors in a few weeks. Should drop from ~8.37kg to 7.45kg.

Anyone try supersix saddle cradle yokes on the systemsix? They look quite similar. If so, J&L supersix crade yokes can probably drop the weight by a huge 25g!

MaEdCo

by MaEdCo

Does anybody know wich reference are the bracket covers of Cannondale SuperSix Evo Carbón disc 105 2021 model?

I ordered the ST-R7000/ST-R8000 but are too small , I can't find anywhere the reference I lifted the covers on my bike and I can't find the reference number anywhere, please help me, thanks

notnow

by notnow

notnow wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:31 pm
notnow wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:11 pm

Ah found out all the extra weight came from the GP 5000 TL, will be upgrading to GP 5000 TT, 1300g 50mm wheelset, aero thru axles, sigeyi RD direct mount and MT900 rotors in a few weeks. Should drop from ~8.37kg to 7.45kg.

Anyone try supersix saddle cradle yokes on the systemsix? They look quite similar. If so, J&L supersix crade yokes can probably drop the weight by a huge 25g!
Update:
50mm wheelset looked weird on the systemsix, frame is too thicc for 50mm. Went for a 1450g 65mm wheelset instead.
GP5000 TT (lighter and faster than even the S TR) @ ~240g/ea avg, MT900 rotors, 2x Ti stem bolts, Nylon cage bolts, lighter aero thru axles and lighter cassette installed. Supacaz bar end plugs (30g total) swapped for generic (4g total) plugs.

8.375kg down to 7.65kg

A week later: 50/34 chainring, Sigeyi direct mount, 110g saddle, lighter valve stem, 4cm cut of seatpost, 2cm cut on steerer.
Total bike weight is right under 7.45kg

If I went for the 50mm wheelset as I always do with my other builds, this would be the same weight as my similarly upgraded Tarmac SL6 Expert.

What a dramatic difference in comfort and climbing speed.

Best part of all this? Spent $0 on all these mods as I was able to sell the heavy Hollowgram Knot 64 SL w/ heavy GP5000TL, Ultegra 11-30 Cassette, RT800 rotors for more than all the upgrades :mrgreen:

imhockey

by imhockey

Hey all, I just bought this I have ridden it a bit and flatted today and decided to switch to 28mm on the rear. First time above 25s, Woohoo! I had the 28s sitting around b/c they ended up not fitting on my old bike (rubbed the rim brake caliper). They are GP4000 28mm.

I just read on here that they are much bigger on the fit than the GP5000 - seem to be the same as my GP5000 25mm?! The width isn't the problem at all, it is the height. About to take it off but would anyone like to say, "Meh, that is perfect."? :shock: :? :cry:
KakaoTalk_20230910_201012500_01.jpg
KakaoTalk_20230910_201012500_02.jpg
KakaoTalk_20230910_201012500_03.jpg
Thoughts:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gwilson

by gwilson

I wouldn't ride that. One piece of gravel or stick and you're either crashing, damaging the frame, or both. A newer GP5000 should fit smaller than a GP4000 I think.