Favero Assioma PowerMeter Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

choochoo46

by choochoo46

Anyone upgraded from a single to a duo? I need a replacement right axle (non power) and Favero's told me I have to buy the entire pedal.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Can’t imagine why you’d need to buy more than the spindle/pod. All the other spare parts are the same.

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Anybody think going from Assioma Duos to a Quarq DFour is a downgrade? Currently running Assioma Duos and love them, literally no complaints. But I can get an amazing deal on a SRAM Red crank with Quarq DFour power meter. So with the cranks and getting lighter pedals, I can drop a good 150g or so.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

AZR3

by AZR3

Depends if you see more value in a dual sided verses a single sided power meter? If true left/right power measurement isnt more important to you than the 150g savings then go for the Quarq and lighter pedals.

Mocs123

by Mocs123

I thnk the Quarq DFour is dual sided. It certainly gives me the same L/R measurements like my dual sided Pioneer. My single sided Stages (obviously) doesn't do that.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

usr

by usr

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:53 am
Can’t imagine why you’d need to buy more than the spindle/pod. All the other spare parts are the same.
He wants the spindle without the sensor, that one oddball spare that is only available with a pedal body attached. But someone who did the Duo upgrade would have an spare blank lying around, that's why it's not a bad idea to ask around.

(and yet still Favero is the undisputed king of oddball spare availability, considering that they really have that legendary "Left pedal without sensor for Assioma" on order: in case someone is overcome by a sudden desire to convert an Assioma Uno into an Assioma Zero - I once mentioned it to a company representative in passing, and hevreplied that they are perfectly aware of the weirdness of that offering, but have it nonetheless for customers who might want to run uniform clip mechanism across multiple bikes, with some of the bikes sensorless)

Vuong05

by Vuong05

usr wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:09 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:53 am
He wants the spindle without the sensor, that one oddball spare that is only available with a pedal body attached. But someone who did the Duo upgrade would have an spare blank lying around, that's why it's not a bad idea to ask around.

(and yet still Favero is the undisputed king of oddball spare availability, considering that they really have that legendary "Left pedal without sensor for Assioma" on order: in case someone is overcome by a sudden desire to convert an Assioma Uno into an Assioma Zero - I once mentioned it to a company representative in passing, and hevreplied that they are perfectly aware of the weirdness of that offering, but have it nonetheless for customers who might want to run uniform clip mechanism across multiple bikes, with some of the bikes sensorless)
lol, very weird indeed.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

milanv

by milanv

Mocs123 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:14 pm
I thnk the Quarq DFour is dual sided. It certainly gives me the same L/R measurements like my dual sided Pioneer. My single sided Stages (obviously) doesn't do that.
Yes, Quarq Dfour is dual sided PWM.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Spider power meters like Quarqs only measure total power. They cannot differentiate between the right and left leg. L/R balance on any spider power meter is a guess.

usr

by usr

Sure, but guessing left/right distribution is no loss because nobody has really found a use for that data beyond using it as a check that the separate sensors in a real dual are still roughly agreeing with the data. Almost every advantage you get when going from single sided to separated dual you also get from going from single sided to spider. Spider should best be called "non-separated dual".

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

Have owned numerous pairs of Duos over the years. One of the best products in the cycling industry. Got some new ones today and, as I often do (but usually after a little riding), did a static weight test. In the past, I don't think they've ever been out by more than 1%, usually much less than that. These new pedals suggested a 1.7% correction on the left and a 4.1% on the right! We will see what Favero says.

gplama

by gplama

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:14 pm
Have owned numerous pairs of Duos over the years. One of the best products in the cycling industry. Got some new ones today and, as I often do (but usually after a little riding), did a static weight test. In the past, I don't think they've ever been out by more than 1%, usually much less than that. These new pedals suggested a 1.7% correction on the left and a 4.1% on the right! We will see what Favero says.
You did a static test without riding? Did they measure the same after a ride / zero?

Are you performing the static test at 6 o'clock or 9? (not that it should matter with the Assioma).

Out of interest I'd be interested to know if those 1.7 and 4.1 % differences were the same if you installed them and performed the test on another bike. Or reinstalled them with an additional 1mm pedal washer. I have a theory behind this.. but need a lot more data to confirm it. :)

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

gplama wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:14 pm
You did a static test without riding? Did they measure the same after a ride / zero?

Are you performing the static test at 6 o'clock or 9? (not that it should matter with the Assioma).

Out of interest I'd be interested to know if those 1.7 and 4.1 % differences were the same if you installed them and performed the test on another bike. Or reinstalled them with an additional 1mm pedal washer. I have a theory behind this.. but need a lot more data to confirm it. :)
I did the test without any riding. Since I have no way to prop up my bike with sufficient support, I actually have a rig to do it with an aluminum block with pedal threads cut into it (it hasn’t mattered in the past).

I’ll try again after a ride and see if the values are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

By the way, further testing revealed they’re brilliant. Maybe don’t do static weight tests prior to riding lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AnthonyE

by AnthonyE

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:45 pm
Anybody think going from Assioma Duos to a Quarq DFour is a downgrade? Currently running Assioma Duos and love them, literally no complaints. But I can get an amazing deal on a SRAM Red crank with Quarq DFour power meter. So with the cranks and getting lighter pedals, I can drop a good 150g or so.
Just curious if the deal for this SRAM Red Crank is somewhere online or if you just have someone selling it to you. I'm in the market for a Red Crank w/ power meter but waited too long to pull the trigger when they were all on-sale a few months ago. I currently have Rival and really want to upgrade to lose some weight and gain some better functionality. I think the Red crank is much better looking as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com