2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:18 pm
Really bad ass bike! Do you have pics/weight with the climbing wheels on it?
Thanks! No pics, but the weight with the PRC1400's is 7.22kg.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LOWIEV

by LOWIEV

Awesome bike doc!
I'm interested in the bar/stem combo on your tarmac. I'm also thinking about the vibe aero sl bars. Is it possible to share some pics of the cockpit? :)

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

LOWIEV wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:54 am
Awesome bike doc!
I'm interested in the bar/stem combo on your tarmac. I'm also thinking about the vibe aero sl bars. Is it possible to share some pics of the cockpit? :)
Sure! I like the Vibe a lot; the tubular is an oval shape in the drops, and is a good fit for my (small) hands. On top they give a smooth transition with the DA shifters. These are 40cm wide, with a 110mm S-Works stem. All Di2 wires are run internally through the bars, and I also have a wireless module (EW-WU111) tucked inside it.

whoodie

by whoodie

TheDoctor wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:36 pm
LOWIEV wrote:
Awesome bike doc!
Sure! I like the Vibe a lot; the tubular is an oval shape in the drops, and is a good fit for my (small) hands. On top they give a smooth transition with the DA shifters. These are 40cm wide, with a 110mm S-Works stem. All Di2 wires are run internally through the bars, and I also have a wireless module (EW-WU111) tucked inside it.

...snip...
Love the bike! That's a cool computer mount too, do you have a link for that? Thanks doc!

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

whoodie wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:14 am
TheDoctor wrote:
LOWIEV wrote:
Awesome bike doc!

...snip...
Love the bike! That's a cool computer mount too, do you have a link for that? Thanks doc!
The mount is from eBay. Works well and is adjustable in angle and height (by flipping the hinge). This is one, but if you search for similar terms more sellers will come up:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/273959634744

whoodie

by whoodie

TheDoctor wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:48 am
whoodie wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:14 am
TheDoctor wrote:
LOWIEV wrote:
Awesome bike doc!

...snip...
The mount is from eBay. Works well and is adjustable in angle and height (by flipping the hinge). This is one, but if you search for similar terms more sellers will come up:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/273959634744
Great, thanks for the info. Looks like there are a few similar options on Amazon. Thanks again!

PrimO

by PrimO

Lieblingsleguan wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:55 pm
Does anyone have a source for the rubber frame plugs that are used with Di2? So far I only saw the one that closes the seat tube hole when it is not used. But maybe I am also searching with the wrong keywords.

I bought a Tarmac Disc Sport 105 that I want to upgrade with the Ultegra Di2 Upgrade Set. The bike came with the part that closes the shift cable entry on the down tube, but without the other rubber fittings.

Is the rear derailleur cable exit plug even different between mechanical and Di2?
I am from Germany, so online shops from Europe would be preferred.

Thank you!
The rear cable guide is different to the Di2 guide/bung.

You need this kit. It has two cable bungs and one blank. You wont need the blank brake cable stopper so you can bin it.

https://www.bike24.com/p2194459.html?q=specialized stopper

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Have anyone experienced the bar tape (that came stock from Specialized) absorbing a lot of sweat, to the point that the bar tape is moist/wet all the time (ie, including when the bike is not used but just stored)? Over the last few weeks I've experienced this, it's to the point where if I squeeze the handlebars/bar tape, my fingers are moist/slippery after. There's even been some moist underneath the rubber hoods.

I am actually questioning what the source is; I have been riding without gloves this summer, so wondering if it's simply my sweat that has been absorbed by the bar tape. It's true that the stock bar tape does seem to be of a material which one can imagine would absorb liquid. However, I am also wondering if could be caused by my disc brake system leaking mineral oil from under the hoods. Any similar experiences, as I try to investigate further?

sychen

by sychen

The stock tape is the worst I've used. Didn't keep it on for long.

Can oil leak from hydro brake hoods, Yes.
Look under the rubber to tell if it's oil leaking, different smell and consistency.. You will also get weakening braking if this happens regularly and not just overfill so unlikely but possible.

Easy fix.. Change the tape. Doesn't cost much and done easily.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Thanks, sychen. I will follow your suggestion and simply replace the bar tape to see if the new bar tape gets moist, too (or if there is moisture building up under the hoods). We're out of the hottest summer months, so if they do, it shouldn't be sweat.

I realize this is not the thread for it, but perhaps you or someone else can recommend a good black bar tape?

Zappano

by Zappano

Hi guys, wanted to share my S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc build in dove grey before I change to the SL7 (in blue tint).

Firstly, I absolutely love this bike and currently can't imagine that the SL7 can match that, but I sure hope so.

size: 52
color: gloss cool grey/dove grey/diamond dust/murano pearl, great color!
frame: 832g including small parts (my SL7 weighs 816g)
fork: 348g uncut, 312g cut (SL7 fork is 346g uncut)
Dura Ace Di2: 1680g (including drivetrain, with Ultegra cassette)
seatpost (straight, ca. 37cm, including parts): 180g
bottom bracket: Ceramicspeed BB30 to DUB coated, 112g
crank: Quarq DUB, 170mm, 144g and 192g --> 338g
pm: Quarq spider DFour AXS, 164g
rotors: Galfer fixed wave centerlock, 76g (140mm) and 98g (160mm) --> 174g
brake pads: Galfer road G1455, didn't weight them but should be around 40g for both
centerlock ring: 10g each --> 20g
wheels: Roval Rapide CLX, 1400g
thru axles without lever: 30g front and 34g rear --> 64g
tires: S-Works turbo 26mm, 210g each --> 420g
tubes: Specialized (S-Works?) Turbo tube with talc, 40g each --> 80g
pulley wheels: C-Bear full ceramic pulleys, 16g (I think I didn't remove DA pulleys while weighing rear derailleur) --> so smoooooth
handlebar: Darimo Ellipse road UD gloss, 36cm, 126g
handlebar tape: Supacaz super sticky kush, ca. 50g (didn't weigh)
stem: ExtraLight HyperStem, 12° and 12cm, 67g (SL7 stem is 169g (help!))
headset: bearings (44g), bearing cover (6g), steerer tube plug (28g). cover over stem incl. screw (10g) --> 88g
bar plugs: Supacaz, 26g
saddle: Pro Falcon carbon, 132mm, 170g, great saddle
bottle cages: S-Works, ca. 40g (didn't weigh)
pedals: Dura Ace pedals, 235g

= ca. 6'600g

Regarding the weights: my scale can only show a 2g difference.

On my new SL7 build I will change the calipers with Trickstuff C21 calipers which should be around 50g lighter in total and the bb should be around 40g lighter aswell, so I'm expecting the same weight (despite the heavy stem).

Yes, I know, the chain isn't on the big ring in the picture :smartass: and guess what, the wheel decals almost being at the same place is just a coincidence :lol: (took the pic after washing the bike after a rainy ride and I was cold)
Tarmac SL6 dove grey Zappano.jpg
Last edited by Zappano on Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
S-Works Tarmac SL7
S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc (6.6kg)
S-Works Tarmac SL6 Rim (6.8kg)
S-Works Epic HT (8.8kg)
Scott Addict Gravel Tuned

Pinguin

by Pinguin

you forgot the chainrings?

Pinguin

by Pinguin

there is no need to ride the stock stem on Sl7
at Tour dF. riders are on another stems

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zappano

by Zappano

Pinguin wrote:you forgot the chainrings?
Drivetrain is included in “DA Di2”.
DA chainrings: 36 ((28g), 52 (106g)
xtr 12s chain: 246g (not shortened)
Ultegra cassette 11-28: 248g
Last edited by Zappano on Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
S-Works Tarmac SL7
S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc (6.6kg)
S-Works Tarmac SL6 Rim (6.8kg)
S-Works Epic HT (8.8kg)
Scott Addict Gravel Tuned