2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

samarskyrider

by samarskyrider

Bumping up old thread

Does anybody run 25mm ID rims (e.g. newer ZIPP 303) on SL6 disc? Is there enough clearance left with 28mm tires mounted? I have such wheels on my CX bike and weasured width is about 33mm

timmerrr

by timmerrr

I have been running 30mm measured tires in an SL6 for 2 years. Just put on a 32mm gravel king slick on that measures pretty true to size and it fits just fine. Also had a roval rapide front wheel in my SL6 with no clearance issues.
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

samarskyrider

by samarskyrider

timmerrr wrote:I have been running 30mm measured tires in an SL6 for 2 years. Just put on a 32mm gravel king slick on that measures pretty true to size and it fits just fine. Also had a roval rapide front wheel in my SL6 with no clearance issues.
Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arsey

by Arsey

I just bought an SL6 disc frame and need to buy the grommets for a Di2 installation. I have read the user manual and it tells me all of the parts needed apart from I can't work out which part is required for the front derailleur Di2 wire on the seat tube. I have found this photo showing the grommet on the frame but can't seem to find any info on it online. Does anybody know which grommet/part is required? Thanks
P1070995-scaled.jpg

AlexWCS

by AlexWCS

Looks like a Shimano Di2 grommet, part #SM-GM01. These come in two sizes, 6mm round or 8mm oval, to fit different sized holes in the frame

Arsey

by Arsey

AlexWCS wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:35 pm
Looks like a Shimano Di2 grommet, part #SM-GM01. These come in two sizes, 6mm round or 8mm oval, to fit different sized holes in the frame
Thanks that explains it, it's not a Specialized part! Would be useful if they mentioned this on the user manual :lol:

Arsey

by Arsey

A few years too late to the party but I've just finished building up my SL6 frame I got second hand, with my existing Stayer wheels and a new R8170 groupset. Got the Zipp Sprint SL stem and Pro Vibe Aero SL bars. Love the look and feel of the bike!

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Putting out some feelers here.... I just found out today that my fork steerer has a huge groove in it from some bad bearings. I'm hoping and praying that I might get some warranty assistance, but in the event that I don't, I'm hoping that I might find someone that has a fork from an SWorks SL6 disc laying around...

This is the bike I have...

LOWIEV

by LOWIEV

I had the same issue a couple of months ago.
Just brought the fork to a carbon repair shop and they fixed it.
been perfectly since

spud

by spud

should be a relatively inexpensive repair since there is no finish work involved.

Matt28NJ

by Matt28NJ

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 11:42 pm
Putting out some feelers here.... I just found out today that my fork steerer has a huge groove in it
Rich, take it to Swamp Ghost Frameworks Carbon Repair, they're local. They've done two repairs to my Tarmac. Price and quality are good. Let me know if you have any questions. - Matt

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Matt28NJ wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 2:16 pm
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 11:42 pm
Putting out some feelers here.... I just found out today that my fork steerer has a huge groove in it
Rich, take it to Swamp Ghost Frameworks Carbon Repair, they're local. They've done two repairs to my Tarmac. Price and quality are good. Let me know if you have any questions. - Matt
Thanks for the recommendation.

So.. it turns out that Specialized is going to warranty the fork. Unfortunately, they no longer have any color matched forks, so it will just be a gloss black fork. It should look ok. I acutally photoshopped a picture and it looks pretty good.

spud

by spud

^ see if you can also keep your old fork, then repair it - likely a Spec shop will likely have to take "possession" of the fork, but Spec will probably not pay to have it shipped back to them. Seems aesthetically preferable to keep the painted fork on the bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

When Spesh had to replace my S-Works Power Cranks due to a faulty power meter, they obliged the store to saw the old and otherwise fully functional crank set in half across the carbon crank. It was painful to watch, what a waste.