Issue with 4iiii left side power meter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mustafah009

by mustafah009

Hi,

As anyone had any issues when calibrating a left side only 4iiii power meter?
Since a few days ago I'm always getting error 20 in my Garmin when calibrating the PM and an error when doing the same in the 4iiii's iphone app. PM still sends data to the Garmin, both power and cadence, its just the calibration that fails everytime.

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gmarsden

by gmarsden

Instead of displaying zero offset values, a simple 10 indicates that everything is good to go. Below is a list of status values and their meaning.

10 – Good, ready to ride

20 – Unstable data (bike not stationary)

30 – Low battery (less than 10%)

50 – Calibration error – contact support

mustafah009

by mustafah009

gmarsden wrote:Instead of displaying zero offset values, a simple 10 indicates that everything is good to go. Below is a list of status values and their meaning.

10 – Good, ready to ride

20 – Unstable data (bike not stationary)

30 – Low battery (less than 10%)

50 – Calibration error – contact support

Thanks.
I'm getting 20 in all tries. Bike is stationary and cranks in the correct position. Have you ever experienced this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Try it from the phone app

beanbiken

by beanbiken

kulivontot wrote:Try it from the phone app

Initial post says he has
BB

Coffee & carbon

mustafah009

by mustafah009

beanbiken wrote:
kulivontot wrote:Try it from the phone app

Initial post says he has

The app doesn't show any code but still doesn't work, just tells me to try again.

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Was it once paired to a right crank arm? I had issues when i separated the cranks but did not manually unlink them in the app

mustafah009

by mustafah009

kulivontot wrote:Was it once paired to a right crank arm? I had issues when i separated the cranks but did not manually unlink them in the app

No. Nothing changed in the setup.
Also tried a new battery but same result.

I think the next step is to send the unit to 4iiii.

mustafah009

by mustafah009

Update: 4iiii's support couldn't identify the problem (truth be told they didn't even tried) and now I will send the unit back for repair.
Weird thing is that the power data being sent to the Garmin is still very in line to what I was expecting but the error 20 is always there.

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

did you take the battery out? update the firmware?

mustafah009

by mustafah009

waltthizzney wrote:did you take the battery out? update the firmware?

Yes, I've tried two new batteries and don't have any firmware available to try from the app.

It's weird that 4iiii doesn't include any debugging tool in their app neither somethingg like factory reset. It would be really helpful in this case.

AZR3

by AZR3

So even sending that error code it still gave accurate power readings? Were you ever able to get it calibrated and working or did it just send out the error code from the start?

mustafah009

by mustafah009

AZR3 wrote:So even sending that error code it still gave accurate power readings? Were you ever able to get it calibrated and working or did it just send out the error code from the start?

Yes I've compared the data with my tacx neo and the readings are close, like they were before the issue.
I always calibrate the unit before each ride and since I bought it in February it was calibrating fine (code 10 in Garmin). This just started last week.

hollandgdavid

by hollandgdavid

mustafah009 wrote:Hi,

As anyone had any issues when calibrating a left side only 4iiii power meter?
Since a few days ago I'm always getting error 20 in my Garmin when calibrating the PM and an error when doing the same in the 4iiii's iphone app. PM still sends data to the Garmin, both power and cadence, its just the calibration that fails everytime.

Thanks

Hi, I have also just started having this same problem with my 4iiii left sided. Pretty much exactly the same apart from my power readings are also off. Have you gotten any further with getting it fixed? Did you send it off for repair?

Tohan

by Tohan

I have started having this same problem where it only calibrates to 20, won't calibrate from the app and the power data is a lot lower than what it should be. Was there any fix for this in the end or was it just replaced by 4iiii as mentioned above?

Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com