Campag Bora One 35mm clincher weight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

liam7020

by liam7020

Interested in a pair of Campag Bora One 35mm clinchers. Advertised as 1407g - can anyone verify if this weight is accurate? Ta,
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

Can't comment on the Bora One 35 but my Bora 50 Ultra clincher and Shamal Clinchers are both 10g under Campagnolo's quoted weight so I doubt they would be far off.
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fogman

by fogman

My Bora One 35 clincher wheel set weighs in at 1390 grams. So ~17 grams lighter than published weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

liam7020

by liam7020

Thanks guys, sounds good so far!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

Delorre

by Delorre

fogman wrote:My Bora One 35 clincher wheel set weighs in at 1390 grams. So ~17 grams lighter than published weight.

Mine were again 11gr less than that, 1379gr to be exact.

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

How good are they for an everyday wheel?

I was considering buying the shamal mille, but having read the brake tracks do tend to loose the coating, I'd consider this one.
Although at 82Kg I'm not the lightest rider, and I'm certainly not the best descending - reason I was considering going for aluminium wheels instead of FCC.

PS: either carbon or aluminium, the black brake track really is mandatory for me :D :D

fogman

by fogman

I own a set of Shamal C15 clinchers , a set of Bora One 35 clinchers, and a set of Bora One 50 tubulars. I use the Bora One 35 clinchers the most on my Dogma F8, except when I anticipate long, steep alpine descents. I use the Bora 50 tubulars mostly for racing. The Shamal C15 clinchers are on my Dogma 65.1. So I can pick and choose depending on my ride. I would like to get a set of Shamal Mille C17 clinchers eventually.

It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Delorre

by Delorre

snowdevlin wrote:How good are they for an everyday wheel?

I was considering buying the shamal mille, but having read the brake tracks do tend to loose the coating, I'd consider this one.
Although at 82Kg I'm not the lightest rider, and I'm certainly not the best descending - reason I was considering going for aluminium wheels instead of FCC.

PS: either carbon or aluminium, the black brake track really is mandatory for me :D :D

Around 10.000km on my Bora 35's (clincher) in 2016 and not a single issue. I've done everything on it, except long Alpine descents, but even middle mountain stages or cobbles are no problem at all.

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

Great guys, thanks for the help!

@fogman they are meant for a F8 too, cheers!

danbjpa

by danbjpa

My 35 Dark Label clincher without warning stikers

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

snowdevlin wrote:How good are they for an everyday wheel?

Go for the Bora 50. I had the 35 vs 50 dilemma a couple of years back and eventually went for the 50's. I was worried about the extra weight and winds (i live in a windy, flat area) because I'm quite light at 58kg. I have no issues at all and when in the alps they were fine climbing and descending. They climb as well as the Shamals and descend quicker. Not tried descending in the wet though and would probably avoid it if I could but that applies to all carbon clinchers.

liam7020

by liam7020

Thanks for the replies guys. Ordered a set of Dark Label from Wiggle last night so hopefully they should be here in a few days and I'll post the weights asap. Do Campag provide brake pads with these wheels? If not, what's the preferred choice? Cheers.

doogie2304

by doogie2304

campagnolo supply a set of their red brake pads with the boras - use these, they're great pads!

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

doogie2304 wrote:campagnolo supply a set of their red brake pads with the boras - use these, they're great pads!

+1 the red pads are the best!

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Real weight 1395gr on mine without qr. Great wheelset. I enjoyed this so much I almost forgot I still have shamal mille (originally thought I need alu clincher for descending)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com