Question for Enve SES Aero Road Bar owners

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bambinhyung

by bambinhyung

So I've gotten myself an SES Aero Road Bar. But now I've got a dilemma. I've got nowhere to put my front light for my night rides.

Do you guys still use one? Where do you mount it? Is there a Garmin + Front light mount available on the market?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fh8425

by fh8425

get a helmet mounted light if all else can't work ... Exposure has some which can be helmet mounted ..

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

check shapeways.com

see if someone has made something custom.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

nycebo

by nycebo

Lezyne makes a bunch of new lights that fit my Enve SES aero bar fine. I'm using last years Power 900XL. It has a flat mounting base but also includes a rubber round adapter for normal handlebars. Anything down to their new 350XL series and up should have you taken care of.

RyanH

by RyanH

Ahh...Enve SES bar woes (yes, that is an SRM with packaging tape on it. No, I am not proud of that):

kode54

by kode54

i use a quick release on mine, with a Lupine Piko mounted upside down. works great since its below my Garmin...no glare on my morning rides.

and i mount my batter right side up on my stem.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

sd5500

by sd5500

RyanH wrote:Ahh...Enve SES bar woes (yes, that is an SRM with packaging tape on it. No, I am not proud of that):

Sell those for the Zipp SL-70 Aero bars. Plenty of space for an out front.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

RyanH wrote:Ahh...Enve SES bar woes (yes, that is an SRM with packaging tape on it. No, I am not proud of that):

That is simply unacceptable considering either the aesthetics or ergonomics [emoji28]

RyanH

by RyanH

Not to mention a friggin hazard trying to look that far back on the cockpit. On the other hand, packaging tape is supremely weight weenie, a sub 1g mount!

pritchet74

by pritchet74

Just get a stem that's not so wide and the SRM mount fits fine with the Enve SES Aero Road Bar

But now you all have me thinking that I need to get a new light for night riding.....
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

refthimos

by refthimos

Had this bar with a Zipp SL Sprint stem that has a wide clamp and so nothing else was going to fit on the round clamp area of the Enve bar. But I still could mount a light, computer AND a GoPro up front, with none of this taping to the top tube stuff. How? Easy.

For the light, get a light with a rubber strap mount, like this one: http://www.cygolite.com/product/dash-460-usb/. Mount it over the bars near the stem. You can also use something like this one https://www.serfas.com/products/view/668/ and mount it to a fork leg or even in front of your head tube but it's not a lot of light - more to help be seen.

As for your computer mount, use a stem bolt mount. Enve makes one, Fetha makes one, but I used the combo mount from Recmounts that allowed me to mount an outfront computer but also had a GoPro mount below so I could include a camera if I liked. So you have several options, and some are quite sleek.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

endershan

by endershan

I use this stem mount from Fouriers.
http://www.fouriers-bike.com/en/pro.php ... cid=28&f=5

RyanH

by RyanH

It's a SRM not a Garmin and my bars are the 40cm version. I have 4 different stems sitting on my desk and none of them were narrow enough to accommodate the srm mount. It was also 540am when I did that as I needed to go on a ride and do zone specific intervals. Posted that for a few laughs, not a long term solution.

bambinhyung

by bambinhyung

endershan wrote:Image
I use this stem mount from Fouriers.
http://www.fouriers-bike.com/en/pro.php ... cid=28&f=5

Looks really good! Do you think that mount would work with an Enve stem?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com