Campagnolo EPS V3 here

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Miller

by Miller

A new, boxed v3 power unit has just a minute ago sold for £410 on ebay.co.uk. A v3 interface unit went for about £80 a few minutes earlier. These were ebay sales from Merlin Cycles.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

marathon50

by marathon50

Thats a stupid price to pay for a v3 battery on Ebay people get carried awy with bidding
You can buy from Total Cycling for 369.31 euro
and I find they always provide a great service with good prices.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

marathon50 wrote:Thats a stupid price to pay for a v3 battery on Ebay people get carried awy with bidding
You can buy from Total Cycling for 369.31 euro
and I find they always provide a great service with good prices.
Yea just check total cycling have in stock....
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

GS100

by GS100

Miller wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:44 pm
A new, boxed v3 power unit has just a minute ago sold for £410 on ebay.co.uk. A v3 interface unit went for about £80 a few minutes earlier. These were ebay sales from Merlin Cycles.
Yeah I saw these as I have Merlin as a saved seller- mad price that skyrocketed in the last seconds but that's supply and demand for you,

I got all my V2 EPS from them and they're a great source for good value, older Campagnolo stuff but stock is a bit erratic

On their ebay site they not only sell new stock but also seem to get hold of use ex-lotto(?) team EPS units, so there may be more coming

r_mutt

by r_mutt

Seedster wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:51 am
Picked up my 11s V4 battery today for a hefty sum. On the bright side, I can finish my SB/03 build this weekend.
Is this a new thing? I've not seen any mention of a new V4 style battery for 11 speed systems. Does this also mean that the newer V4 Controller is compatible?

Seedster

by Seedster

there is an updated V3 battery that i was able to order early in 2021 and is more widely available. Despite the upgraded internals, it does not make it compatible with the new V4 controller, sorry.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

ahh- ok, thanks

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Does anyone know if Super Record/Record EPS V1 is compatible with a V3 DTI and the new V4/V3 updated battery? likewise, can an Athena EPS V1 or Chorus EPS V2 with spliced connectors work with the new DTI and battery?

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

StiffWeenies wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:31 am
Does anyone know if Super Record/Record EPS V1 is compatible with a V3 DTI and the new V4/V3 updated battery? likewise, can an Athena EPS V1 or Chorus EPS V2 with spliced connectors work with the new DTI and battery?
Yes, you can upgrade your battery & interface. I did it on mine. V3 is great because you can show your gear on your Garmin. You will need a new charger.

I know you can splice in shifters. Not sure about derailleurs.

Miller

by Miller

joeyb1000 wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:47 pm
StiffWeenies wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:31 am
Yes, you can upgrade your battery & interface. I did it on mine. V3 is great because you can show your gear on your Garmin. You will need a new charger.

I know you can splice in shifters. Not sure about derailleurs.
I have spliced H11 EPS Hydro shifters to a V2 DTI and PU. The internal wire colour coding is consistent between those generations. I should think it would be a safe bet that Ch/Ath derailleurs could be connected to a V3 PU in the same way, but I haven't done that so I can't say for certain.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Seeing as how Campagnolo released an updated V4 style battery for the V3, what are the chances of them releasing an updated V4 style DTI for the V3? It always bugged me how the only way to get a truly clean looking V3 setup was to either use the old Vision Metron cockpit with this cover or hack together a bar end unit yourself. Maybe also produce a variant of the updated battery and DTI with different connectors to give the old Athena V1, Athena V2 and Chorus V2 groupsets a formal upgrade path that doesn't entail splicing wires.

Miller

by Miller

StiffWeenies wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:32 pm
Seeing as how Campagnolo released an updated V4 style battery for the V3, what are the chances of them releasing an updated V4 style DTI for the V3?
Zero, I'm guessing. Athena EPS was released a full decade ago in 2012 and end-of-lifed, what, 5 years ago? They're not going to do anything else for the old versions.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Miller wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:52 pm
StiffWeenies wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:32 pm
Seeing as how Campagnolo released an updated V4 style battery for the V3, what are the chances of them releasing an updated V4 style DTI for the V3?
Zero, I'm guessing. Athena EPS was released a full decade ago in 2012 and end-of-lifed, what, 5 years ago? They're not going to do anything else for the old versions.
Yeah, just naive daydreaming on my end. Chorus V2 however was released in the '16 catalog before being phased out in '19. The whole thing where Campy expected you to drill a hole in your frame to accept the V2 internal battery is just nuts. Meanwhile Shimano got it right from their second attempt with E-TUBE.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Drilling holes to ruin your warranty is kind of nuts, but I bet there was no one that ever had that issue.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

Someone might find this useful, i've always wondered but not tried until now.

EPS V4 ergo hoods for rim are compatible for EPS V3.

Personally, they're a big step up in comfort, grip and positions they let you adopt.