Campagnolo EPS V3 here

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

r_mutt

by r_mutt

With the advent of proprietary seat-posts that are not the standard 27.2 or 31.8, what seatpost mount would one select? Or are we limited to the bottle bolt mount?

csteenbe

by csteenbe

The DTI Unit V3 is the cabling for the shifters and to the battery included ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

userfriendly

by userfriendly

Yes.
Cinelli Saetta 6.5kg - nice and dry weather
Reilly T325 7.3kg - nice weather but windy
Spa Audax 9.1kg - all weather steel beauty
Pinnacle Dolomite 7.9kg - flat-pedal chainguard thing
M∆SON Definition 8.5kg - off-road ... thing

csteenbe

by csteenbe

userfriendly wrote:Yes.

Thats fast, Thx :beerchug:

leej88

by leej88

can someone do a step by step pictorial guide as to how one should use the campy cable disconnect tool?

I just received mine and it seems that it's quite a tight fit. On top of that, I honestly don't see how it helps disconnection in anyway.

Slowly pulling apart the connection was much easier and felt safer than using the tool.

Also, I have yet to figure out how the little lever on the disconnecting tool works. Doesn't seem to catch on to anything when I press it down.

Another thing to note is that unlike the Mechanical Super Record which by the way, is pretty intuitive to setup, the EPS is a tad more complicated. The instruction manuals aren't the easiest to understand and I spent a great deal of time reading them + watching tutorials online.

I often find myself lost in translation.

For example:

Seriously?

GorrGrimWolf

by GorrGrimWolf

Guys,

Another question. Have found some information about V1 and V2 compatibility, but nothing about V2 and V3. Have found a Record EPS V2 with dead battery and planning to buy V3 battery, but keep V2 interface for a moment and upgrade later. Will it work?

I am sure I will not have the new function like BLE and shifting assists, but will it shift? Thanks for info!

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

GorrGrimWolf wrote:Guys,

Another question. Have found some information about V1 and V2 compatibility, but nothing about V2 and V3. Have found a Record EPS V2 with dead battery and planning to buy V3 battery, but keep V2 interface for a moment and upgrade later. Will it work?

I am sure I will not have the new function like BLE and shifting assists, but will it shift? Thanks for info!

No. You need a v3 interface too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neeb

by neeb

Looking for some advice about long term parts availablity of 11sp EPS V3 components.

Personally I think that 11sp was the sweetspot for Campagnolo and it's all been downhill since then (I'm not interested in discs, dinner-plate rear sprockets and more weight for more money). I have a Record EPS group I intend to keep using for many years. Can we assume that spare parts will available for some time, in particular battery units and controllers? It already seems to be quite difficult to find V3 batteries for sale online. This is a premium product that was topping Campagnolo's product line not much more than a year ago...

Miller

by Miller

I agree that 11sp EPS is lovely. That includes the disc variant.

V3 stock seems to have vanished. I think V2 power units can still be found although you'll need a V2 interface unit and you have to deal with the charging lead.

GS100

by GS100

neeb wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:42 pm
Looking for some advice about long term parts availablity of 11sp EPS V3 components.

Personally I think that 11sp was the sweetspot for Campagnolo and it's all been downhill since then (I'm not interested in discs, dinner-plate rear sprockets and more weight for more money). I have a Record EPS group I intend to keep using for many years. Can we assume that spare parts will available for some time, in particular battery units and controllers? It already seems to be quite difficult to find V3 batteries for sale online. This is a premium product that was topping Campagnolo's product line not much more than a year ago...
Totally agree it's an excellent groupset. The cynic in me wonders if lack of availability of v3 in particular is part of their strategy to get people to upgrade. Hopefully it's just temporary/ covid- related.

I got a v2 only last year for a new build and coming from Record 10s was really impressed. Sourcing a power unit was the hardest bit, but plenty of bargains on v2 v3 RD's, FD's, shifters and interfaces out there, my suggestion is to stock up when bits come available.

neeb

by neeb

You would think that they would at least be available from Campagnolo service centres (at a cost no doubt..) for some time? You can't sell a premium product for a significant four-figure sum and then stop making the dedicated batteries for it two years later, surely?

Seedster

by Seedster

I can confirm the V3 EPS battery is being updated. Spoke with Campy and they were hoping to release it to service centers this month, but with the supply chain delays it's unlikely to stay on track.

The groupset is really nice and they will have to phase it out in order to steer folks to EPS12s and absorb that premium.

neeb

by neeb

Seedster wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:13 pm
I can confirm the V3 EPS battery is being updated. Spoke with Campy and they were hoping to release it to service centers this month, but with the supply chain delays it's unlikely to stay on track.
That's great news - so the current unavailability is temporary.

I've no need of one any time soon, just thinking of the future. I wonder what the update involves?

Miller

by Miller

I think Campag is just marking time on e-shifting at the moment. There have been faint rumours of a completely new EPS to come. I hope that's true.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seedster

by Seedster

neeb wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:52 am
Seedster wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:13 pm
That's great news - so the current unavailability is temporary.

I've no need of one any time soon, just thinking of the future. I wonder what the update involves?
I will let you know when i get one. Rumor was it would have more capacity than the outgoing version it replaces