201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jaseyjase

by jaseyjase

mike12341 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:23 pm
Hi,

Is anyone using the custom spacer for the Allez sprint to sl7 stem? I use the one from raceware, but no matter how much torque i use on the top cap, i can still move the spacers under the stem a little. Is that normal?

Thanks!
Sounds like the topcap is pushing against the fork steerer rather than the spacers / stem.

Try adding another small spacer under the topcap.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

Hi all, for a while now I've been thinking if it makes sense to split the Allez Sprint thread into two thread: DSW+Gen2, and Latest Gen3 Sprint thread.

Let me know if you're up for this. If there is general interest, I'm happy to support bifurcating this thread into 2 threads. And I'll clean up the responses in this tread after-the-fact to keep this clean.

MaxLL

by MaxLL

joesch wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:58 pm
Here you go: https://webshop.bestbike.de/us/my19-ven ... -copy.html
It seems to be out of stock right now, but I suggest you keep on checking back every now and then. Andreas typically gets some stock every few weeks.

Alternatively, you can also 3d-print it: https://www.printables.com/de/model/174 ... able-clamp
Personally I have negative experiences with 3D printing, so I prefer to buy pre-made parts.
Last edited by MaxLL on Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

maxim809 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:26 am
Hi all, for a while now I've been thinking if it makes sense to split the Allez Sprint thread into two thread: DSW+Gen2, and Latest Gen3 Sprint thread.

Let me know if you're up for this. If there is general interest, I'm happy to support bifurcating this thread into 2 threads. And I'll clean up the responses in this tread after-the-fact to keep this clean.
I like that idea.

cschultz

by cschultz

maxim809 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:26 am

I think that's a good idea.

hoping to have my own Gen3 model to post here in not too long...

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

Cool I've updated the title to make this topic 201x Gen1/Gen2 specific.

If anyone reading want to start a brand new 202x "New" Allez Sprint thread, by all means go for it. Post pics.

cschultz

by cschultz

new thread over here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=174647