201x Specialized Allez Sprint DSW and Gen2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robbosmans

by robbosmans

No he said a 2016 sprint, you can use it but it won’t look very nice imo.

Jrsq270

by Jrsq270

robbosmans wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:16 am
No he said a 2016 sprint, you can use it but it won’t look very nice imo.

Sorry I was wrong.
The stem will work. The bar bat will help with routing and clean up the look. However my error was in the frame internal cable routing.
I think it might look good on a bar with internal cable routing. Where the cables exit would be routed under the stem into the/through the bar bat. Yes you would see them running into the frame. But it might clean it up.
Also of using the SL7 stem AND purchasing the new steerer tube plug. And using the stem cap might clean it up as well.

Sorry Again
And thanks for making the correction
Cheers!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Jrsq270 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:50 am
Mcdeez wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:01 pm
Does a SL7 sworks stem fit on a 2016 allez sprint?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Yes it does. If you want complete "hidden cables" you will need to have a headset cover custom 3d printed. I think the file was shared a few pages ago. You will also need to purchase the spacer kit. AND, AND our buddies at Specialized DO NOT include the small "Stem Bat" which screws into the bottom of the stem when you purchase the stem!

And in our new episode in Specialized Build Parts Roulette. The DI2 battery seatpost installation grommets are not there! Again sold out world wide!

"BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!!" when you purchase the SL7 stem and the bar bat seperate AND the headset spacer kit......NOW not included is the HEADSET CAP! Guess what??????? You get to purchase that seperately!!! GEEEEEEE The Fun!

Also the grommet for the rear derailer Di2 that they have listed.....Once you buy it.....Suprise it is to big!!!! YEAH
Yup, I feel your pain, as I'm going through the same issues. Had to buy the Venge/Tarmac headset cap today to finish the front.

Regarding the grommet for the rear Di2 port, what are people using on their builds that actually fit/work? Where did you guys find your grommet from?
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

Jrsq270

by Jrsq270

Vuong05 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:02 am
Jrsq270 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:50 am
Mcdeez wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:01 pm
Does a SL7 sworks stem fit on a 2016 allez sprint?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Yes it does. If you want complete "hidden cables" you will need to have a headset cover custom 3d printed. I think the file was shared a few pages ago. You will also need to purchase the spacer kit. AND, AND our buddies at Specialized DO NOT include the small "Stem Bat" which screws into the bottom of the stem when you purchase the stem!

And in our new episode in Specialized Build Parts Roulette. The DI2 battery seatpost installation grommets are not there! Again sold out world wide!

"BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!!" when you purchase the SL7 stem and the bar bat seperate AND the headset spacer kit......NOW not included is the HEADSET CAP! Guess what??????? You get to purchase that seperately!!! GEEEEEEE The Fun!

Also the grommet for the rear derailer Di2 that they have listed.....Once you buy it.....Suprise it is to big!!!! YEAH
Yup, I feel your pain, as I'm going through the same issues. Had to buy the Venge/Tarmac headset cap today to finish the front.

Regarding the grommet for the rear Di2 port, what are people using on their builds that actually fit/work? Where did you guys find your grommet from?
Later today I'm going to warm u the grommet with a heat gun and see if I can shimmy it into the rear mech di2 hole. While I'm at it I'm goong to mount the front mech grommet.
I have to measure the inside diameter of the seat post. Hoping I can use a round DI2 battery grommet to fit the battery.
All these "issues" I have to say I love the bike. But S needs to up there quality control pre-shipping. I also had weld slag inside the rear mech hole. The DI2 wire would not go in. So I used a hand tap and was able to remove it and get the wire in.

Will report back later on the grommet fitment.
Cheers!

billybear

by billybear

hey guys

lookin to finish my sprint 22 build up, but i can't find any aerofly ll or roval rapide online.. are there any other bars that cover the cable pretty good like those 2?

jamin

by jamin

Hi all,

I'm about to convert my 2016 X1 to SRAM ETAP, anyone know if its possible to get a blank version of the cable stop that goes in the downtube, thanks.
IMG_0470 Copy.JPG

Jrsq270

by Jrsq270

billybear wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:29 pm
hey guys

lookin to finish my sprint 22 build up, but i can't find any aerofly ll or roval rapide online.. are there any other bars that cover the cable pretty good like those 2?
I looked everywhere for both of those bars. I also currently run a Zipp Aero bar on my Tarmac. It is a very nice bar and would look great on the Allez. I considered using it on my current build. I ultimately went with the S-Works Hover bar. NOT internal routing but has a groove to hide cables in.

But most important was the fit of the bike for me. The headtube on my 13' S-Works Tarmac was longer then the Allez. I wanted to replicate that fit on the Allez. Without having a ton of headset spacers. The Hover Bar is plus 15mm so it accomplishes that for me. I also went with the -6 degree SL7 Stem. If I want to drop it down later (not likely I'm getting old! Lol) i will take out a 5mm spacer and put in the -12 degree SL7 stem.

Jrsq270

by Jrsq270

Small update on my build.

I could not locate the SL7 insert for the DI2 seatpost battery. My LBS gave me a Ritchey battery mount in 27.2 and it worked fine. They told me they use it regularly. Just put the battery towards the rear on the seatpost upon insert.

I did warm up the rear mech grommet with a heat gun to try and shimmy it in. NO BUENO
The front mech grommet went in but was a major pain!

jamin

by jamin

Upgrade to SRAM Red AXS in progress on my Spesh edition Allez Sprint X1, also managed to find a 40cm Roval Rapide bar along the way, but then 'had' to buy another seat post as the stock gloss look doesnt match the new rapide bars - the new one is a nice satin finish. Will fit that soon.

I've removed the whole front cockpit as one unit incase I ever want to revert to the original spec. Ceramic Speed BB & 46T Red crank fitted with Quarq Powermeter (which is actually quite heavy!) Not sure if when I'm finished it will be lighter, going from mechanical Force to Red eTap, but we'll see. My desire was more for having an extra cog and also making the look cleaner with wireless shifting.
tempImagep0Fm52.gif

Asphalt70

by Asphalt70

Hi all,
Help needed.
I need lower headset bearing for my Allez Sprint comp 2019 58cm rim brake frame.
Od ø52 / id ø40 / h 13
My lbs can only supply a full set at +100$
Anyone got a hint for a lower bearing that 100% works for above?
(+upper to wont hurt).
I'm in northern Europe btw.
Br Jam

Send from my Ericsson T28Image

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A3003 med Tapatalk

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

jamin wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:02 pm
Hi all,

I'm about to convert my 2016 X1 to SRAM ETAP, anyone know if its possible to get a blank version of the cable stop that goes in the downtube, thanks.

IMG_0470 Copy.JPG
I use Sugru mouldable glue to close the hole.
Road // 2023 S-Works Tarmac SL8 | Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 | Roval Rapide CLX
Gravel // 2023 Specialized Crux Pro | SRAM Force AXS | Roval Terra CL
Retired // 2022 S-Works Shiv TT // 2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 // 2019 Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook

Asphalt70

by Asphalt70

jamin wrote:Upgrade to SRAM Red AXS in progress on my Spesh edition Allez Sprint X1, also managed to find a 40cm Roval Rapide bar along the way, but then 'had' to buy another seat post as the stock gloss look doesnt match the new rapide bars - the new one is a nice satin finish. Will fit that soon.

I've removed the whole front cockpit as one unit incase I ever want to revert to the original spec. Ceramic Speed BB & 46T Red crank fitted with Quarq Powermeter (which is actually quite heavy!) Not sure if when I'm finished it will be lighter, going from mechanical Force to Red eTap, but we'll see. My desire was more for having an extra cog and also making the look cleaner with wireless shifting.
tempImagep0Fm52.gif
Buy some alu tape, remove the plastic stop. Tape makes it almost flush.

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A3003 med Tapatalk

TLN

by TLN

jamin wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:48 pm
Upgrade to SRAM Red AXS in progress on my Spesh edition Allez Sprint X1, also managed to find a 40cm Roval Rapide bar along the way, but then 'had' to buy another seat post as the stock gloss look doesnt match the new rapide bars - the new one is a nice satin finish. Will fit that soon.

tempImagep0Fm52.gif
Oh man, I used to have exact same bike. Wish I kept it TBH.
Never managed to upgrade to Etap, ran it stock with Force X1, but I bet it will look great with etap.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

jamin

by jamin

TLN wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:56 pm
Oh man, I used to have exact same bike. Wish I kept it TBH.
Never managed to upgrade to Etap, ran it stock with Force X1, but I bet it will look great with etap.
I'm used to Di2 on my tarmac, and dont really like the mechanical feel on the Force X1, so hoping eTap will improve things.

I bought the bike 2nd last year, so not had it long, I think I am the 3rd owner but when I got it had only been ridden once, and even then not that far - it was absolutely mint condition.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

IMG-20221028-WA0008.jpg
Just finished my new Allez Sprint.

Size 49, in the water effect colorway. Not light at 7.85kg, but rides sublime with this setup.
Attachments
IMG-20221028-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20221028-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20221028-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20221028-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20221028-WA0018.jpg
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com