Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

GaBa wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:07 pm
Where are you getting these deals? Online or at your local retailer?
Online yes, several website in the EU offer these deals from what i've seen. The grey Assos winter jacket is also on my list. Ive seen it for 170. Not bad, can do better I think.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

I am finding the fit of the Mille GT EVO winter jacket kind of strange. It's good everywhere but the shoulder/neck area. It's very wrinkled around that area. I know that it's not supposed to be race fit, but I have not had that on any other jacket. I also have a Equipe RS Aero Gilet and it also has a little bit of the same issue around the neck.

Does anyone else have this issue?
B1FCBB3F-9E5A-4903-80F6-6078C084DF3E.jpeg
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

Nope, fitted same jacket the other day. Dind have that issue, maybe you just need to do some work outs in the gym :)

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:50 pm
I am finding the fit of the Mille GT EVO winter jacket kind of strange. It's good everywhere but the shoulder/neck area. It's very wrinkled around that area. I know that it's not supposed to be race fit, but I have not had that on any other jacket. I also have a Equipe RS Aero Gilet and it also has a little bit of the same issue around the neck.

Unless that photo is of you in a riding position, than we can't really know if there is a problem. And if it is in a riding position it looks as though the jacket is just too big or you are too skinny for that model. I have noticed that recent Assos tops seem to be made more for "fat" guys. I have to size down so much to get a good fit on my torso, that the rest of the garment, sleeves, etc. is too short.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Roadbiker10 wrote:

Mille= American fit :wink:
Official cafe stop tester

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Roadbiker10 wrote:I am finding the fit of the Mille GT EVO winter jacket kind of strange. It's good everywhere but the shoulder/neck area. It's very wrinkled around that area. I know that it's not supposed to be race fit, but I have not had that on any other jacket. I also have a Equipe RS Aero Gilet and it also has a little bit of the same issue around the neck.

This just looks to big.. imo cycling kit shouldnt be comfy off the bike but should feel locked in once Riding.

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

kode54

by kode54

Roadbiker10 wrote:I am finding the fit of the Mille GT EVO winter jacket kind of strange. It's good everywhere but the shoulder/neck area. It's very wrinkled around that area. I know that it's not supposed to be race fit, but I have not had that on any other jacket. I also have a Equipe RS Aero Gilet and it also has a little bit of the same issue around the neck.

With Mille, I size down for a better fit. But most of the time, the excess material is in the wrong areas. I tend to go with the RS or GTO variants.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:10 pm

This just looks to big.. imo cycling kit shouldnt be comfy off the bike but should feel locked in once Riding.

Basso Diamante eps 12

Mr.Gib wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:40 pm
Roadbiker10 wrote:

Unless that photo is of you in a riding position, than we can't really know if there is a problem. And if it is in a riding position it looks as though the jacket is just too big or you are too skinny for that model. I have noticed that recent Assos tops seem to be made more for "fat" guys. I have to size down so much to get a good fit on my torso, that the rest of the garment, sleeves, etc. is too short.
I only now see I got a lot of responses. In the pic I wasn't really bent over in a racy position. But it's the same either way, even worse in a low position, it seems like.

It's not that it's made for people who are bigger, because the waist and arms fit well. It's what I expected from a regular fit. It is only the areas around the neck, the upper area that is too big. I am 68kg and 180cm. I am sure it is the right size because I have tried S and I don't fit in it at all.

I really don't understand it because I have never had any issues like this with any other garments from different brands. Really wanted to like it because the rain repellency with good breathability and warmth is superior according to reviews, which is what I need. I The Aero gilet seems to have hints of the same issue, even though it's not that bad. But with that technical material, I don't expect it to be skin tight either.

I'm keeping the vest but on the jacket I'm 50/50. It's just too loose.

Here are some better pics, and also of the gilet. Both standing and bending forward.
17739B52-6D7F-4E93-BFE3-65F8B4292EB1.jpeg
C06747BC-D9AF-474F-B35B-71C9E2F81EB8.jpeg
6CC03C5F-16FA-4A52-BB97-F5AC73ABC6C1.jpeg
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

That jacket might be OK. In the standing photo, I can imagine if you extend your arms forward as if reaching for handlebars, the material at the back of the shoulder would be pulled and that might take up that slack around the collarbone area. I don't mind a little bit of extra material in my winter jackets, but that is certainly more than ideal. Something is not right between you and the vest - that's not going to change with body position.

68kg for 180 cm is fairly slender. You need to find brands with a full on race fit. I am a very lean 77km for 183cm - wider build than you I assume, and of late I can only wear Assos's raciest fits. The Mille range for sure is just too boxy. Shame - that's a good looking jacket.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

ico

by ico

When I see this jacket and vest, I'm glad I have my proven FalkenZahn vest with Tiburu jacket. maybe not exactly the same range, but the quality is far better and do the job for wide temperature range.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

https://www.assos.com/int/equipe-r-bib-shorts-s9/

Anyone know the details on the Equipe R S9 bib short that Assos has just announced? It looks a lot like the previous Equipe RS model that was superceded by the RS Targa.

I like the Targa but the legs are a little bit longer than the RS were and I prefer the shorter length.

guyc

by guyc

Looks like basically the same short but they've dropped the roll-bar and added a little fabric at the front so beer bellies don't spill out quite as much

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

guyc wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:48 pm
Looks like basically the same short but they've dropped the roll-bar and added a little fabric at the front so beer bellies don't spill out quite as much
I hadn't even noticed the absence of the roll bar! I guess my coffee hadn't kicked in yet.

Cheers.

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:46 pm

Anyone know the details on the Equipe R S9 bib short that Assos has just announced? It looks a lot like the previous Equipe RS model that was superceded by the RS Targa.

I like the Targa but the legs are a little bit longer than the RS were and I prefer the shorter length.
I've not seen them in the flesh, but the new Equipe R seem pared down quite a bit. Both the Equipe RS and RS Targa supposedly use the same Type 441 fabric; the new Equipe R uses Type 443, which is touted as being deep black and having an SPF of 50. (I say supposedly, because I've had two pairs of the Equipe RS and one pair of the RS Targa, and the fabric has felt slightly different on all of them.) The chamois has no cooling vents as in either of the higher-line shorts, and goes without the front "soft" panel that the new RS Targa has (which I think is the major upgrade to the short from the last gen). The straps supposedly are thinner, "single layer" as opposed to the "double layer" of the RS versions, and, as others have noted, it doesn't have the roll bar strap inserts.

As a practical matter, does it make much of a difference? Won't know unless and until they've been tried!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

CyclingGiraffe wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:46 pm
BdaGhisallo wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:46 pm

I've not seen them in the flesh, but the new Equipe R seem pared down quite a bit. Both the Equipe RS and RS Targa supposedly use the same Type 441 fabric; the new Equipe R uses Type 443, which is touted as being deep black and having an SPF of 50. (I say supposedly, because I've had two pairs of the Equipe RS and one pair of the RS Targa, and the fabric has felt slightly different on all of them.) The chamois has no cooling vents as in either of the higher-line shorts, and goes without the front "soft" panel that the new RS Targa has (which I think is the major upgrade to the short from the last gen). The straps supposedly are thinner, "single layer" as opposed to the "double layer" of the RS versions, and, as others have noted, it doesn't have the roll bar strap inserts.

As a practical matter, does it make much of a difference? Won't know unless and until they've been tried!

Thanks for that info.
Both the Equipe RS and RS Targa supposedly use the same Type 441 fabric
I have both and the material feels different. The material on the Targa feels thicker and less stretchy.