Assos apparel questions

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

GTS, or GTO if you have the money. Both have a version of the C2 pad which is 15mm thick. FWIW I preferred M in the T Cento Evo, but L is a better fit for me in the GTS/GTO.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ratef42

by ratef42

kode54 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:19 am
harblhat wrote:If the legs are actually so loose that they ride up then that size is definitely too big. The fit difference between Mille and Equipe likely won't take up loose fabric within the same size, it would be more a matter of compression.

The Targa also have better leg grippers if that's a concern.

I wear M in Castelli but S in Assos bibs myself.
Vanity sizing with newer Assos gear. I used to wear M with Assos several years ago. Now, all the newer S fit like my older M and I haven’t lost any weight. Image
This is normal to see coming from older generations yes. The newer textiles used will have a greater 4 way stretch capacity in the broad muscle supporting panels, and crucially a greater return support capacity.
This vastly reduces the amount of material displaced away from the skin and ensures a supportive yet comfortable wrap effect from the hips, all the way down to leg gripper.

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

Today I tried GTO, GTS and RSR S9. RSR S9 is perfect for what I searched for, nice and tight and good compression. Compared to my GTS and S9 alot of difference.

Too bad the jerseys are still a bit loose on the arms but they dont roll up or anything.

ratef42

by ratef42

MrRolandos wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:56 pm
Today I tried GTO, GTS and RSR S9. RSR S9 is perfect for what I searched for, nice and tight and good compression. Compared to my GTS and S9 alot of difference.

Too bad the jerseys are still a bit loose on the arms but they dont roll up or anything.
You simply need to size down. If jerseys are too loose in the arm, it is categorically too big for you.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

I’m interested in the latest Mille summer jerseys. Does anyone know if they have the same sleeve length as the Équipe RS? I have an older Mille jersey (small) but the sleeves aren’t as long nor are they as tight fitting as the Équipe RS (médium)

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

ratef42 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:38 am
MrRolandos wrote:

You simply need to size down. If jerseys are too loose in the arm, it is categorically too big for you.
Nahh I tried size smaller, no way. Its just the design, all bibs are a bit looser, i can pull legs a bit, they stay in place just not very tight. I am 196cm and 86-87kg. Wearing L in both, M no way. It is just the arms I prefer a bit tighter.

ratef42

by ratef42

MrRolandos wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:03 pm
ratef42 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:38 am
MrRolandos wrote:

Nahh I tried size smaller, no way. Its just the design, all bibs are a bit looser, i can pull legs a bit, they stay in place just not very tight. I am 196cm and 86-87kg. Wearing L in both, M no way. It is just the arms I prefer a bit tighter.
As long as it doesn’t create a gap between material and the skin then just go with what’s comfortable. But size does play a role with support of your pockets, correct compression and retaining position of arm warmers, and aiding the transfer of sweat away into gaseous vapor giving a mild cooling effect in high temps.

In short, if you can do the zip up, it’ll fit you on the bike.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

How does the RS S9 Targa compare to the older RS Aero jerseys?

They should fit the same being RS correct?

https://www.assos.com/ca/equipe-rs-jers ... 23-1f.html

https://www.assosoutlet.com/us/equipe-r ... 18218.html

ratef42

by ratef42

iamraymond wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:42 pm
I’m interested in the latest Mille summer jerseys. Does anyone know if they have the same sleeve length as the Équipe RS? I have an older Mille jersey (small) but the sleeves aren’t as long nor are they as tight fitting as the Équipe RS (médium)
Current range is the same length

Nplus1

by Nplus1

g32ecs wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:28 pm

My experience is that they are extremely similar, if not identical, in terms of fit (based on size medium in both styles).

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Nplus1 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:45 pm
g32ecs wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:28 pm

My experience is that they are extremely similar, if not identical, in terms of fit (based on size medium in both styles).
Thank you, went with my old size

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Could anyone tell me the difference between the RSR S9 and the RSR S9 Targa bibs? Visibly, the stitching is different on the front, but very similar otherwise, is this a generation thing?

Matte86

by Matte86

I haven’t asked them specifically about the RSR bibs, but about Alleycat, Jodah jacket and arm/leg warmers and they told me targa means a completely new way from the ground up to build/stitch all pieces together paving the way for better and future innovations.. plus they made some small changes which are from customers feedback to improve even more but bottom line is that they are very subtle and not always worthy it

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Are the EQUIPE RS BIB SHORTS WERKSTEAM S9 bibs just cosmetically altered versions of the pre-Targa RS S9 bibs?

I'm not enjoying the Targas (legs too long, mostly) and I'm looking to get a few of the former generation of RS S9 bibs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kytyree

by kytyree

If you go back to page 134 of this thread I posted a picture of the differences as I saw them. I like the Werksteam version better but they're not radically different, it's been awhile since I used original the RS S9 but if the Werksteam were significantly longer I would notice as I always liked the often shorter assos inseams.