I’m looking for a new endurance bike for long days in the saddle, bike packing trips and everyday commuting. It should be compact and rather low (for an endurance bike, or relaxed for a race bike). I like my endurance bikes racy (my main bike is an Aeroad CF SLX). However I’m having a hard time finding suitable geometries. I measure 165 cm in height with an inseam of 75 cm.
My old Canyon Endurace CF SL 9 in 2XS is close to my ideal geometry - short and rather low: https://www.canyon.com/en-de/road-bikes ... &history=1
These are the candidates I currently have on my shortlist:
- Look 765 Optimum (XS): https://www.lookcycle.com/de-en/product ... -satin-105
- couldn’t find any information on the weight but the geometry looks fine with a few spacers removed. My local dealer would also change crank length to 165 mm free of charge. Midguard mounts, tidy cable management under the stem, this seems like a very reasonable bike.
- Canyon Endurace CF 7 Di2 (2XS): https://www.canyon.com/en-de/road-bikes ... be=BK%2FBK
- Great spec, excellent procing, decent weight once I replace the wheels, 165 mm cranks, narrow handlebars included. Unfortunately 650B wheels in 2XS. I need to find out if it can fit 700C. Otherwise it’s out. I won’t buy a bike with 650B wheels - there aren't any tire options. Looking at the reach+ and stack+ values it’s rather close to my old Endurace.
- Basso Astra 105 Di2 (2023) (45 or 48): https://bassobikes.com/en/bikes/road-bikes/astra
- Again no information on weight, looks like a solid option. Sizes 45 and 48 look very similar with the latter featuring a slightly longer top and seat tube. Does anyone have any recommendations on sizing here?
Any thoughts on my shortlist?
Does anyone have any other recommended candidates I might have missed?
I also considered the Cervelo Caledonia but while the geometry seems great this thing is downright heavy. I don’t like paying premium for what seems like a very average bike.