New Giant TCR Advanced announced

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tommem

by tommem

bedampft wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:02 pm
Yes. We already had this in the Rumors Thread.

I'll quote myself:
bedampft wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:19 pm
fizzaz wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:20 pm
bedampft wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:06 pm

Hahaha. Nope. They always done it. Even to the extend of having generic pics in printed flyers for customers, or dealerbooks for preordering.

There is no chance of seeing the new TCR SLR or PCR outside of Asia.

Also, the new TCR Advanced Bikes will mainly change to internal routing, but thats about it. At least they're not getting heavier. So if have been looking for something like a Atheos evolution, sry, not gonna happen.
I knew they had done them in the past that were never sold outside of Asia, or at least in small runs because I did race with a guy on an aluminum TCR. I guess you could be right on this one though, but here's to hoping they aren't. It does feel like it fills a hole in their offerings.
The main issue at the moment, for a bike like the SLR, or any other new modell, is that warehouses are still full. I know of tens of thousands of Giant/Liv bikes that are already on the continet, but sitting in 40 foot containers, stuck in a harbour. All waiting to be send all over Europe. As long as there is no space in regional Giant warehouses all of the continent, that stuff doesn't move, and new bikes are not send, or built.

For a bike like the SLR, theres also the issue of Import. Since these are manufactured in Taiwan/ Asia, theres high taxes on them. Importing only makes sense, if there is a market to counter weight the costs. And for these kinds of bikes, there is basically none. And local manufacturing lanes are full of stuff that gets sold (Ebikes).

As for the new TCR Advanced, there'll be only a few hundreds all over Europe. Second batch will, most likely, come in Autumn.

/Not that it matters really. The Propel is the far better bike. It still hurts a bit, being a TCR fan myself.
Is there any indication on when Giant will launch the new TCR? Beginning of March?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Drex

by Drex

I recently talked to a local dealer and they told me it will be released around mid to end of march

EtoDemerzel

by EtoDemerzel

I really like the aftermarket TCR integrated cable fork setups. Transforms the bike.

TCR is an important model. I'm really interested to see what Giant does with the new model.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdc91B4jeqg

New cadex 40 announced. looks like the new TCR

Aeo

by Aeo

External seat clamp? Whats going on there
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

Upcountry

by Upcountry

That is most certainly not the new TCR.... Thats an Argonaut, as seen elsewhere in their promo for the wheels and cockpits...

MagicShite

by MagicShite

Upcountry wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:16 am
That is most certainly not the new TCR.... Thats an Argonaut, as seen elsewhere in their promo for the wheels and cockpits...
wew, this looks good too. :D

iscarrr

by iscarrr

I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking at, but just noticed Luke Plapp is riding something I don't recognise in this video posted 7 hours ago of him training in Tenerife?

6:56 in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBB4Ewz ... EdLaverack
Attachments
image.png

bobones

by bobones

Sure looks like a TCR, and there are no cables visible so could be the new model.

Aeo

by Aeo

Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

coverstem

by coverstem

my dealer said that maybe showed at Strade Bianche !!

SimonWang

by SimonWang

3/6 Taipei Cycle

SimonWang

by SimonWang

3/6 Taipei Cycle

Ritxis

by Ritxis

New headtube
3tcr24.jpg
2tcr24.jpg
2tcr24.jpg (14.14 KiB) Viewed 561 times

different connection of the seat stays with seat/top tube?
tcr24.jpg
tcr24.jpg (19.23 KiB) Viewed 561 times
4tcr24.jpg
4tcr24.jpg (16.78 KiB) Viewed 561 times

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com