Cannondale SuperSix Evo4

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gurk700

by gurk700

hannawald wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:02 pm
harblhat wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:29 pm
gurk700 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:10 am
I've been reading a lot of people mention the mixed thru-axle size. Do people realize you can use same size hex on the opposite side of the front axle? I wonder if many people miss that.
Not sure what you mean. The front axle goes into a blind hole so you can only access it from the usual NDS.
he probably means the rear one. I can´t check it as I use 6mm hex for both front and rear but rear I can tighten on both sides.
That’s what I meant. my Cervelos are the same way. one side is 5mm the other side is 6mm. on Supersix I just use 6mm to undo and pull it from one side and same wrench to “push” it from opposite side of the bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gurk700

by gurk700

harblhat wrote:
gurk700 wrote:
I've been reading a lot of people mention the mixed thru-axle size. Do people realize you can use same size hex on the opposite side of the front axle? I wonder if many people miss that.
Not sure what you mean. The front axle goes into a blind hole so you can only access it from the usual NDS.
hannawald covered it but yeah i meant the rear. with rear axle, drive side is actually same hex key as the front so you don't need 2 tools for 2 axles

gurk700

by gurk700

harblhat wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:40 pm
My 48cm with Farsports 50/58 Hyper wheels, since we're talking about them. The wheels are great. Bonus diaper boxes in the background.

1000033650.jpg
Thanks for posting. Looks sweet to me!
I think I'll do something very similar. I already have the 55mm set. I'll get 50mm front and do 50/55

ronanmclaughlin

by ronanmclaughlin

gurk700 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:56 am
harblhat wrote:
gurk700 wrote:
hannawald covered it but yeah i meant the rear. with rear axle, drive side is actually same hex key as the front so you don't need 2 tools for 2 axles
Not the case with the on the review bike I was sent.
6mm front non drive side , hidden axle drive side
5mm rear both drive and non drive side

GrassQ

by GrassQ

It seems that Cannondale has used 2 different rear thru axle in their bikes (mistakenly or some purpose ?)
In my bike -frameset- rear thru axle is 6 mm hex, has plastic collar and sits flush.
Other rear thru axle is 5 mm hex, and sits 2-3 mm above frame.

Also in their marketing pictures can see that some bikes have different thru axles in rear.
First bike flush

https://www.cannondale.com/en/bikes/roa ... -2-c11453u

https://www.cannondale.com/en-dk/bikes/ ... rsix-evo-3

https://www.cannondale.com/en-dk/bikes/ ... -evo-lab71

gurk700

by gurk700

ronanmclaughlin wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:15 am
gurk700 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:56 am
harblhat wrote:
gurk700 wrote:
Not the case with the on the review bike I was sent.
6mm front non drive side , hidden axle drive side
5mm rear both drive and non drive side
Ohh that's interesting! I wonder if it was an available parts issue in early models or something. Glad they ship with what I have now (just bought it about 2 weeks ago). It would indeed be super annoying to have a mismatch like that.

cerro

by cerro

GrassQ wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:13 am
It seems that Cannondale has used 2 different rear thru axle in their bikes (mistakenly or some purpose ?)
In my bike -frameset- rear thru axle is 6 mm hex, has plastic collar and sits flush.

Also in their marketing pictures can see that some bikes have different thru axles in rear.
First bike flush

Checked a Lab71 frame we got at work and 6mm in front and 6mm on both sides at the rear. Like it should be ;)

gurk700

by gurk700

cerro wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:00 pm
GrassQ wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:13 am

First bike flush

Checked a Lab71 frame we got at work and 6mm in front and 6mm on both sides at the rear. Like it should be ;)
Both sides! I'll see if where I bought the Lab71 can exchange :mrgreen:

ridenfish39

by ridenfish39

My new one is 6mm front and back, it takes a bit of "wiggling" toget the allen key to seat in the rear axle though.

Took my SSE himod for its maiden voyage Saturday. 75 miles over a lot of chipped and rough roads. The bike is extremely smooth, I ran my GP5000 28 mm at 75 front and 80 psi rear. I could probably go down a bit but I don't like squirmy feeling tires. I'm very happy with the bike.
But I see some people with stock Himod 2 bikes weighing less than mine. Maybe my scale is a little off. I have a 150 gram Fabric carbon rail saddle, Momo bar, 11-30 Dura ace cassette, chain and rotors. And FSA Powerbox carbon crank, Reynolds 46 Black Label (should be 100 grams lighter than Cannondale's wheelset), and some stupid light bottle cages instead of the ugly stock ones. I thought it would be a touch less than 16.5 lbs, but it's 16lb 14oz in a size 58.

GrassQ

by GrassQ

^and ^^
I think also that rear thru axle should be : 6 mm hex both ends, sits flush and in non drive side round hole before hex, so it takes a bit of "wiggling"

Ronan had tested bike 7 months, so the bike was the first ones in productuon line and then there were maybe some availability issues ?

Or just a marketing, because a lot of attention and discussion of that :)

ronanmclaughlin

by ronanmclaughlin

I've just published a second article on that SuperSix I had in for review. I changed a "few" parts to optimise it for a stage race I was doing.

https://escapecollective.com/optimising ... watt-gain/
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Ras Optimised race bike-2.jpeg

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Absolute beast of a bike

Basso Diamante rim Campagnolo EPS 12 Bora WTO 60's

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

conradhughes

by conradhughes

Any chance of swapping the bar? I swapped to an EXS Aerover for +- 150g saving. Then stuck in RideNow TPU tubes (2023 version) for another 100g saving.
I'd get the ENVEs.
ChoofWorm wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:16 pm
I have a weight weenie question which unfortunately seems to be all too rare in this thread.

I have most recently just completed my build lab71 frame (54cm), momo cockpit 380x120), dura ace 9200 groupset and 35mm farsports feder rims laced to carbon-ti hubs with sapim super spokes running 25mm clinchers total build weight is 6.67kg which I am very happy with but also was dreaming of sub 6.5 when I ordered the frame.

Now the wheelset is on loan from a mate as I was planning on buying the new syncros capital sl aero 60mm when they drop dec/January, though where I live will retail for 7k (*f##k*) but I've just come across a deal for the new enve 6.7 for $3000 they are 2nd hand but essentially new so new that the warranty has yet to be registered and will come with receipt.

The total build weight wirh each option are below:

Current 6.67kg

With syncros 6.80kg

With enve 7.1kg

Honestly, I'm just looking for some advice recommendations on what y'all would do in the same situation l, I also have the option of keeping the farsportd wheelset for next to nothing.

Sent from my SM-A736B using Tapatalk

machadok1

by machadok1

Hello. :)

I bought a SS Evo HM2 2023 and I'm now trying to find a suitable powermeter.

I have a Rotor 3D+ Power2max NGeco in other bike that I would switch to Evo, if fully compatible. From what I know, the width of the spindle would be enough, but I would need a new 30 mm BB. Would the front shifting be compromised given that this crankset was designed for 11s? Can I switch to other chainrings to improve that? If there compromises, I will buy a new powermeter; this is a try to save some money. :D

Thanks.

Radioactive

by Radioactive

How low can you mount the stem in combination with the conceal stem. I currently ride a CAAD13 with 14mm between Frame and Stem and a-12 degree stem. So i am wondering if i will get the new supersix evo to fit me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com