Chinese ultralight handlebar passed SGS quality certification

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

Just ordered the Falcon via AliExpress. How do I let them know which spacer set I need? Did they contact you for verification before shipment?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ullmanz

by ullmanz

openwheelracing wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:57 am
Just ordered the Falcon via AliExpress. How do I let them know which spacer set I need? Did they contact you for verification before shipment?
I wrote with them before shipping. I also ordered straight from their website
Specialized SL7 - 7.1kg including Garmin mount, bottle cages and pedals

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

Aryeh wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:15 pm
I did my first ride with the Avian Canary today in 360x120 size. It's plenty stiff for me.
The SL8 spacer they sent is pretty tall.Image
Is that a 5mm dusk cap and 10mm top piece? Or 15mm top piece?
I wonder if I should go 10mm dusk cover and 5mm top piece.

Aryeh

by Aryeh

openwheelracing wrote:
Aryeh wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:15 pm
I did my first ride with the Avian Canary today in 360x120 size. It's plenty stiff for me.
The SL8 spacer they sent is pretty tall.Image
Is that a 5mm dusk cap and 10mm top piece? Or 15mm top piece?
I wonder if I should go 10mm dusk cover and 5mm top piece.
It's the dust cap and the single transition spacer that Avian sent me. I think it's 10mm.

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

interesting, did they give you spacers at all? I am trying to contact Avian and requesting a top piece, two 5mm spacers and dusk cover. Appears there are restrictions based on framset. That SL8 setup looks quite good.

Aryeh

by Aryeh

openwheelracing wrote:interesting, did they give you spacers at all? I am trying to contact Avian and requesting a top piece, two 5mm spacers and dusk cover. Appears there are restrictions based on framset. That SL8 setup looks quite good.
Only the top most spacer needs to be from Avian. The rest can be whatever your bike comes with.

ullmanz

by ullmanz

Aryeh wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:12 am
openwheelracing wrote:interesting, did they give you spacers at all? I am trying to contact Avian and requesting a top piece, two 5mm spacers and dusk cover. Appears there are restrictions based on framset. That SL8 setup looks quite good.
Only the top most spacer needs to be from Avian. The rest can be whatever your bike comes with.
you would need to tell them which bike you have though.
because they send you the correct spacer for the bike model that you have.
I talked with them before ordering handlebar + spacer

Weber

by Weber

Any real feedback about the avian falcon II?

Upcountry

by Upcountry

No feedback, but I was tempted to try the Falcon after receiving my Canary setup. Supposedly they're quite a bit stiffer for only like 40g weight penalty, but still look relatively slender and the routing looks great. PandaPodium is now selling the Falcon as well, so I'm sure we'll see a few more popping up on here shortly.

TwiggyForest

by TwiggyForest

I just got my EXS R180 in 38cm, came out at 173g. Quality looks good.

Also comes with a warning sticker that's it's not compatible with ZIPP and Bontrager stems :noidea:

MagicShite

by MagicShite

TwiggyForest wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:59 am
I just got my EXS R180 in 38cm, came out at 173g. Quality looks good.

Also comes with a warning sticker that's it's not compatible with ZIPP and Bontrager stems :noidea:
zipp and bontrager stems cuts into carbon bars.

ullmanz

by ullmanz

Weber wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:00 am
Any real feedback about the avian falcon II?
mine should be sent out next week, so I should be able to build it up in January

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

So from what I can tell, the Canary is the lightweight bar, the Falcon is the "aero" bar. The tops look to be a little deeper/wider, and the reach is 70 on the Falcon but 76 on the Canary. Then there's the stiffer Canary version, that is heavier but stiffer. Is that right? I was trying to figure out the difference between the stiff Canary and the Falcon. It's also hard to tell if the Falcon has any flair.

Weber

by Weber

BikeTyson wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:25 pm
So from what I can tell, the Canary is the lightweight bar, the Falcon is the "aero" bar. The tops look to be a little deeper/wider, and the reach is 70 on the Falcon but 76 on the Canary. Then there's the stiffer Canary version, that is heavier but stiffer. Is that right? I was trying to figure out the difference between the stiff Canary and the Falcon. It's also hard to tell if the Falcon has any flair.
When I sent them an email they told me that the falcon has 5° flare. There should be 2cm difference between hood and drop

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ullmanz

by ullmanz

BikeTyson wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:25 pm
yes, that's how I understood it, and the canary has more an oval shape